Why the Florida Game Doesn't Really Matter

Wrong, OP. Win this we get a jump on the series against Mullen and have a great shot at a bowl this season. UF, a main rival in the East, may very well fall off a cliff if the lose this game. Their fans will completely abandon that program if he starts with losses to UK and TN (teams they always beat)

Reactions: guevara
OP is wrong big time. Every game matters. Wins matter in terms of building confidence and showing progress. Losses matter because we lose recruiting edge, we spend millions to prop up this program and we lose donors, UT fans are just in a funk, and more. I support this team, coaches and program dang nab it and we are gonna start winning again. No more whiners please. Go Vols! Beat Gators!

Reactions: savannahfan
200w.webp

OP is funny......

Its football, its a game, so in the context of real life issues, you and your families health, safety, security, etc. no it doesn't really matter. But come on dude in the context of Tennessee Football this game really matters! Oh and why 3 years to get back to beating Vandy, why don't we just say 10, I mean Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri, they all spend way more than we do, recruit better, have better facilities, I mean we can't compete with those guys can we? smh

Regardless of the outcome Saturday, we're talking about a couple of less than mediocre teams. Unless JG turns into a transcendent talent, we're looking at a couple more mediocre years, at best. By 2020, maybe we got the Jimmys and Joes to stay within a couple scores if Bama and GA, but I am not holding my breath. On the bright side, maybe we'll he back to a place where we don't gave to sweat the Vandy, Mizzou and Ky. Which is pretty much where we should be on average. I will close by saying just enjoy the FL game for what it is. If we lose, it doesn't mean CJP isn't the guy. If by 2020, he doesn't have us to where I eluded to earlier then you can make that argument. But for now, we just have realize it's going to be 2yrs before we are going to be a second tier SEC team.

REALLY!!! All games matter. The big picture is only one thing "the game any Saturday, not the rest of the year not next year, only the game in front of you. All games matter.

Regardless of the outcome Saturday, we're talking about a couple of less than mediocre teams. Unless JG turns into a transcendent talent, we're looking at a couple more mediocre years, at best. By 2020, maybe we got the Jimmys and Joes to stay within a couple scores if Bama and GA, but I am not holding my breath. On the bright side, maybe we'll he back to a place where we don't gave to sweat the Vandy, Mizzou and Ky. Which is pretty much where we should be on average. I will close by saying just enjoy the FL game for what it is. If we lose, it doesn't mean CJP isn't the guy. If by 2020, he doesn't have us to where I eluded to earlier then you can make that argument. But for now, we just have realize it's going to be 2yrs before we are going to be a second tier SEC team.
SMDH! You tell us all why is going to take us 3 years before we can hope to compete with Vanderbilt and Kentucky, then close by saying enjoy the game. WTH?

The Florida game always matters.

In fact, in a league where winners are chosen by voting, every game matters. (Voting! Can you believe that. Just let it sink in.)

please tell Jeremy Banks this....
He is already trash talking the gaturds….
It means everything to this team....
GBO

Pathetic people like you come out of the woodwork like germs. Because after years of reading comments on here and other Vol blogs. You are the losers in life. You never were good at anything and probably never played real football. So you are jealous and hate. You are NOT a Vol fan. I was born a Vol and over 55 years ago. And it does not matter how, what, where or who. They are my Vols by birth and I pull for them. The parasitic maggots like you I guess plague every ball club. And I guess social media is like a microscope. You are seen for the first time. Take your insight elsewhere and tell other losers.
Most on here are vol fans, many a lot longer than you, and with as much passion. However, don't you think this rant is just a little strong? Losers in life, parasitic maggots, really?? I don't agree with what he says and think it's a lot of BS, but felt it best to address the statement not the stater....

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
please tell Jeremy Banks this....
He is already trash talking the gaturds….
It means everything to this team....
GBO
he can talk all the trash he wants to.
if he doesn't hold on to the ball, he won't be in a position to affect the outcome.

love the kid, think he's going to be really good to great for us, and i love the energy he brings.

but you absolutely cannot fumble the ball. and he's put it ont he ground 3 times this season, 1 lost on the goal line.

that will not get you playing time with Pruitt.

Reactions: Behr
Think about what you just said. We barely beat UGA when they were playing a FR QB. We lose a game like that 99 times out of 100. But just look at the difference one year makes. We go from barely winning to getting absolutely demolished at home. Lets look at what UGA is doing in recruiting. They are signing classes that are unreal. Meanwhile, we get in the top 10-15. Its a sad pill to swallow but yes its gonna take more time than many want to get back to being good. Competeing with UGA? Its likely thats a pipe dream now. We are so far behind them it osnt even funny. UGA is our new Bama.
Yep... Now we have TWO Bama's. Things just keep getting better on The Hill.

That could possibly be the dumbest thing I have ever read. Unfortunately this game is the make it or break it for UT's future. With AL/UGA/SC/AU all looking like sure fire losses this game is one of the few we have a legit shot in.

I know what I said, think about what you said... you said yourself look at the difference one year makes... exactly!!! So why in 3 years time should we still expect to be mediocre at best and not even thinking about beating UGA? Georgia as an institution in football is comparable to us... they have better in state talent, however facilities and resources are roughly the same, and quite frankly we have more tradition... the big difference right now between us and them is they found THE GUY. It’s really that simple. I’ll give Pruitt time but it’s usually very obvious by year two if you have found THE GUY or not. I swear I think some posters on this board are moles sent to post by the UT admin to try and brainwash this community into thinking they don’t deserve anything. There can’t be this many people simply content with sucking forever that are true vol fans.
You're right. But the problem is, nobody has any real confidence that CJP is THE GUY. It's just another roll of the dice. And the way our luck has been since 2001 and the lack of any TRUE leadership in the big money donors, admin, etc... you can't blame anyone for not being too optimistic.

This team, and certainly Jeremy Pruitt, isn’t looking 2-3 years down the road. Pruitt isn’t making any excuses, isn’t trying to lower expectations in any way whatsoever.....he’s trying to win right now, this year. And in that context, the Florida game is vitally important to the success of this season. We win this game, we got a chance to get a Bowl game....we lose, we don’t imo.

Any competitor plays to win, period. You may not win, but the desire to win and the belief you can win is powerful stuff. No team wins or loses until the game is over, unless they give up before the game is played. CJP will get rid of the players mentally defeated as he builds a program based on competitive excellence.

SB Nation reporter STephan Godfrey got this from CJP....
“From what I’ve been able to learn about Jeremy Pruitt in a short amount of time, they’re going to die on that hill.
“They are going to treat September 22nd like it’s the end of the season. Because if Jeremy Pruitt can beat Florida in his first season, the equity will stockpile. He will have patience and reverence that he doesn’t deserve, and he probably won’t be able to hold onto, but he will build something there in the immediate first year, right at the beginning in the outset that Dooley couldn’t, that Jones couldn’t. It’s going to change the complexion of that program.
“It’s not going to be real, it’s going to be an illusion, but that’s what they need right now. I’m not saying they’re going to beat Florida. I’m just saying they’re going to go all-in in a way in which you’ve never seen before.”

IT MEANS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right. But the problem is, nobody has any real confidence that CJP is THE GUY. It's just another roll of the dice. And the way our luck has been since 2001 and the lack of any TRUE leadership in the big money donors, admin, etc... you can't blame anyone for not being too optimistic.
Hey man I’m right there with you.. I’m neither defending nor condemning pruitt. My post is aimed at the people who refuse to believe this program can be good again with the right decisions!!! With the leadership we have in place there is little reason to believe they will get it right. But instead of taking the approach of being fed this garbage over and over by the admin and just accepting it, if Pruitt doesn’t work out I’d like to see something drastic happen. I honestly don’t know what that would be but trying the same thing over and over again has clearly not worked in our favor.

Hey man I’m right there with you.. I’m neither defending nor condemning pruitt. My post is aimed at the people who refuse to believe this program can be good again with the right decisions!!! With the leadership we have in place there is little reason to believe they will get it right. But instead of taking the approach of being fed this garbage over and over by the admin and just accepting it, if Pruitt doesn’t work out I’d like to see something drastic happen. I honestly don’t know what that would be but trying the same thing over and over again has clearly not worked in our favor.

Something drastic DID happen. It was Mike Hamilton. He took what was a 6-5 historical program that everyone thought was a top tier program, watched it become top tier, then fire them. Then brought in the best he could. That failed as did the two after. The big timers do not come here. Or Georgia. Or almost anywhere. They stay. You get the coordinators and mid majors
Auburn - Coordinator to mid major
USC - failed HC, coordinator
Georgia - coordinator
Florida - HC at a mid level Power 5
Mississippi State - Coordinator

You have a guy that has inherited a mess that dates to 2008. He will not fix it overnight. Saban didn't. Kelly isn't. Relax people.

Wrong, OP. Win this we get a jump on the series against Mullen and have a great shot at a bowl this season. UF, a main rival in the East, may very well fall off a cliff if the lose this game. Their fans will completely abandon that program if he starts with losses to UK and TN (teams they always beat)

One fumble and in typical Vols fan fashion you want to eat your own without even butchering the meat first. With fake orange fans like you, our team would be better off with (gag, cough, erk, am dying here!) Bama fans.

VN Store

Back