Why is everyone sleeping on Baylen Buchanan?

I said the same thing last year about Daniel Bituli and he proved to be our best linebacker (even with our idiotic former coach barely letting him play).

I'm always right about the talent on our team. ALWAYS.

The shaman Dub Fur Hesaman has spoke. "So let it be written. So let it be done.

Attachments

• Shaman1.jpg
    Shaman1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I have not heard his name mentioned at all as a possibility for starting at cornerback next season. Everyone seems to have forgotten about him. I know he was hurt last year and barely played, but he looked good as a true freshmen in 2016. Remember he was the first freshmen in 2016 to lose his black stripe. And he saw more playing time as a freshmen than Nigel Warrior.

Baylen Buchanan reminds me of Eric Davis (former NFL CB in the 1990s). I think he's the best cornerback on our roster and a future NFL player. Along with Nigel Warrior, I think he has a chance to lead a unit that could be much improved next season.

Don't sleep on Baylen Buchanan. He's a lock to start at one of those corner spots this fall.

Typical D4H prediction. I was waiting for it. Never disappoints.

Reactions: 2 people
I haven't done any scouting beyond watching the games last year (there's no way I can bring myself to rewatch them), but I remember him getting burned quite a few times as well as having a really tough time in run support.

He was a freshman, so he can obviously put on weight to help in run support, but we tried to do the same thing to Mosley and it backfired horribly. We didn't have anyone else show out last year, so I'm not arguing he isn't on of our best corners, but I'm certainly still "sleeping" on him.

“His body just drips with potential”. Good grief. Sounds like his girlfriend. No wonder we have had such a rough go of it in the talent assessment department. I’m sure that CJP is aware and will give Buchanan the opportunity to prove himself.

Quality post. I’ve been saying this for 12 years now. It was apparent in Pop Warner that he’s a future star and that’s why I have him rated as my number 1 DB on my 2020 NFL Draft board (prediction thread coming soon). I’ve graded him almost as high as you graded Alvin Kamara last season, I think the only thing that will hold him back at the next level is that he doesn’t have the face of a superstar. Regardless, I don’t think it’d be a stretch for him to have an 8-12 year NFL career with 4 pro bowls and a super bowl ring. Well—provided the team that drafts him doesn’t exercise their white privilege and start a white guy over him, that is.

Liked your post until the last. Why the race statement?? Seems that for the most part VolNation has for the most part gotten beyond race. I for one never think to look when I see a recruit mentioned "what color is he." May be wrong, but think most on here are more interested in speed, size, skill rather than color...

Liked your post until the last. Why the race statement?? Seems that for the most part VolNation has for the most part gotten beyond race. I for one never think to look when I see a recruit mentioned "what color is he." May be wrong, but think most on here are more interested in speed, size, skill rather than color...

Guess you’re not familiar with D4H’s racist rants on VN? That’s what that guy’s last satirical sentence was in reference to.

Reactions: 3 people
You are the only person on my ignore list that still manages to annoy me op. Congratulations are in order. You win. Please ignore me and every other person on here and you will be left reading the only opinion that matters to you. I don't want you to have to stress over the humble grumblings of reasonable people any longer. I've been done with you since your "I'm done with this team" mid Florida game rant a couple of years ago.. If anyone respects anything being typed by this guy, do yourself a favor and go back and read those posts.

He also needs to continually tell us how stupid we are and how we don't know the first thing about football. Although, most of us were actually playing the game way before the guy this was pointed at was born.

Yep.

You are the only person on my ignore list that still manages to annoy me op. Congratulations are in order. You win. Please ignore me and every other person on here and you will be left reading the only opinion that matters to you. I don't want you to have to stress over the humble grumblings of reasonable people any longer. I've been done with you since your "I'm done with this team" mid Florida game rant a couple of years ago.. If anyone respects anything being typed by this guy, do yourself a favor and go back and read those posts.

My kingdom for not knowing it was the Ohio game.

I put about as much stock in the OP's talent "evaluations" as I do from fortunes I get from a fortune cookie. They sound good and can come true, but you know it's not coming from actual knowledge. Just a bunch of guessing.

And he's trolling most the time but that's another story.

Quality post. I’ve been saying this for 12 years now. It was apparent in Pop Warner that he’s a future star and that’s why I have him rated as my number 1 DB on my 2020 NFL Draft board (prediction thread coming soon). I’ve graded him almost as high as you graded Alvin Kamara last season, I think the only thing that will hold him back at the next level is that he doesn’t have the face of a superstar. Regardless, I don’t think it’d be a stretch for him to have an 8-12 year NFL career with 4 pro bowls and a super bowl ring. Well—provided the team that drafts him doesn’t exercise their white privilege and start a white guy over him, that is.

Well played

Why everybody hating on D4H? Give him some credit. He was right about Kamara and Barnett they are superstars. Mike Mayock be wrong 90% percent of the time.

Why everybody hating on D4H? Give him some credit. He was right about Kamara and Barnett they are superstars. Mike Mayock be wrong 90% percent of the time.

He’s not a fan of Barnett. Garrett apologist. Know more. :hi:

Who was better at linebacker for us than Bituli last year?

He was definitely our best guy. And I correctly pointed that out before the season when our idiotic former coach had him buried in the depth chart.

No one is refuting that.

Everyone is laughing about your unnecessary cockiness. Cool, you predicted a couple of things right. I said Kamara was going to be good and he was being under utilized here while you were saying Hurd was a beast. So, I'm your daddy.

He cursed the Vols.

In jest or not, poor form.

You're a fan of your nephew. He is a Vol. That makes you a Vol fan.

D4H went JJ before it was acceptable. Now that it's acceptable maybe they should let it go.

No one is sleeping on him.

Ive watched the film. Top 5 pick, future 8 time pro bowl, HOFer

VN Store

Back