Why I think this year is different

Well. Excuse me for slightly over exaggerating how bad they were. But that doesn't mean they still aren't pretty bad. And what actually makes them bad, what that stat sheet doesn't say is this: Georgias offense is centered on a run game. They use their run game to set up everything else they do on that offense. So when they can't run the ball. They don't have any offense.

Go watch the 2016 Vandy game as a perfect example. Chubb and Michel combined had 29 rushes for 68 yards. No TDs.
And 23 of those yards came on 2 big plays.
Their O-line also allowed 1 sack and 9 TFL.
Georgia was only 6-17 on 3rd downs. That shows you right there they were either taking negative yardage on 1st and 2nd down or just not being able to convert short yardage downs. Both are symptoms of a sh*tty Oline.

Jacob Eason had to throw the ball 40 times in that game. And they still lost to Vandy. Because they are not built to throw the ball 40 times. They have to use the run to set that up. It's what their entire offensive scheme is built on. Vandys defense went out to shut down Georgias run game and they did it. Easily.

When a program is consistently as bad(underperforming) as Ga, there is no need to exaggerate to make your point. Let their record speak for itself.

They should be good, they aren't.

can't agree with it, this off season has been typical of the mediocrity that we have grown accustomed to since fulmer left. Several season ending injuries so far, and we haven't played a down, several rumors that have basically been acknowledged by Jones when asked, he said something to the effect that we will deal with any disciplinary actions and let you know. He didn't deny it, is basically acknowledged it. This team look to be more of the same with a higher paid coaching staff.

LOL.... this team has a top 5 most talented roster in the SEC. I think you're being a bit of a negative nancy

VN Store

Back