Why didn't Jarnell know?

Post of the decade.
Just saying! Pretty nice interpretation imho!
Stokes post game interview on call. "My job was drive it strong, draw a foul. With the new rules I thought that was the last thing that would have happened. Maybe last year, but not this year, no. Yeah, like I said with the new rules, I would never have thought that would be called a charge on that play. I knew if I drove strong, it would either be a foul or a no call. If I had known with the new rules that could even potentially happen, I would definitely spin or something."
https://www.youtube.com/v/5PM7C6bHEt8&feature=youtu.be

The problem with the entire thread is that Stokes is right. The defender is not supposed to be able to slide into position and take a charge like that once the offensive player makes a move. It's not that Stokes didn't know. It's that he got a crappy call.

The problem with the entire thread is that Stokes is right. The defender is not supposed to be able to slide into position and take a charge like that once the offensive player makes a move. It's not that Stokes didn't know. It's that he got a crappy call.

Yes. Stokes saying he didn't know is a way of calling the ref out.

found this on a michigan news site about today's kentucky game:

"We should have had Tyler Lewan in the game jut busting to the basket since there seems to be no "charging" this year. Morgan got knocked flat 3-4 times and got two fouls."

Two things: guys name is actually Taylor Lewan and 2 this guy must not have watched the sweet 16 game. Hate living up this way by so many bandwagoners.

VN Store

Back