Why didn't Jarnell know?

Stfu. I said it was a charge. If lavert had all ball, the ball would have went way out of bounds.

The ball did go way out of bounds. I love the dummies that come in after the fact explaining what transpired. It was a couple of big black guys in hoodies! It looked like a charge and then the ball got slapped away. That's not the guy I'm throwing it into unless he is under the basket. There's a lot of things that went wrong on that play.

Stokes, direct quote, verbatim (Wes Rucker) "today in practice we learned that you actually can be called for charges in any situation. to counter this, coach told us we can execute a spin move or a double move that can never be called as fouls"
Stokes post game interview on call. "My job was drive it strong, draw a foul. With the new rules I thought that was the last thing that would have happened. Maybe last year, but not this year, no. Yeah, like I said with the new rules, I would never have thought that would be called a charge on that play. I knew if I drove strong, it would either be a foul or a no call. If I had known with the new rules that could even potentially happen, I would definitely spin or something."
https://www.youtube.com/v/5PM7C6bHEt8&feature=youtu.be

From the rulebook:
"Under the revised block/charge call in men's basketball, a defensive player is not permitted to move into the path of an offensive player once he has started his upward motion with the ball to attempt a field goal or pass," according to the new rule. "If the defensive player is not in legal guarding position by this time, it is a blocking foul. Previously, a defender had to be in legal guarding position when the offensive player lifted off the floor."

Easy Francis!!!! Own it ( DA thread) and take your punishment like a good soldier, lmfao!!!

Easy Francis!!!! Own it ( DA thread) and take your punishment like a good soldier, lmfao!!!
Stokes started his upward movement (his move) and then Morgan jumped over in front of him. No question it was a block according to the rule. Stokes had no idea he could be called for a charge! Why? That's the point, bud! By the way the ball went screaming out of bounds and the Vols would have got it back with 6 seconds left.

Stokes started his upward movement (his move) and then Morgan jumped over in front of him. No question it was a block according to the rule. Stokes had no idea he could be called for a charge! Why? That's the point, bud! By the way the ball went screaming out of bounds and the Vols would have got it back with 6 seconds left.

Actually the ball didn't go out of bounds, watch the replay.

Because
the refs allowed Michigan to mug him so much in the first half he probably had a concussion as did Maymon?

The original post is one of the dumbest i've ever seen. Why didn't Stokes know that a charge could be called? Uh, he's been playing basketball for how many years? I'm pretty sure he's familiar with charges.

Not a CCM supporter per se, but how any things can our fans blame this poor guy for? Was he also the second shooter on the grassy knoll? Does he know where Hoffa is buried? Did he cause the Malaysian airline to crash?

Reactions: 1 person
The fact of the matter was that the michigan guy had pretty decent position. If he was moving, it wasn't be much. It is also true that stokes was doubled. Stokes shouldn't have gotten the ball in the first place--stupid play call. Second, he should have passed immediately, but had it in his head that he had to make a play--because I assume that he WAS the play. Third, he did lower his shoulder a bit. Fourth, yes, some officials would not have blown the whistle at all, but had there been no whistle we would have lost because Stokes lost the ball. Fifth, the ball should have gone to McRae or Richardson. Sixth, people can always complain about the officiating. Bottom line: We threw it to Stokes and it was a fail. Had Martin made the sensible decision, we would have at least gotten a shot--and Stokes could have been near the basket for a rebound, which is what he should have been doing--not trying to beat a double team.
I tell you that Zo. He just lacks the sense to make a decision and coach this squad. Wait a minute, it was you the guy in the chair that got us to the sixteen. I am so glad you took the time from your comfortable chair to criticize a move he has used all year. Zo called that play and the play worked but a foul was called. You're the guy that swears you can do better hindsight but YOU lack skill to hire a staff, manage a program, recruit players , establish relationships and maintain those relationships while recruiting against other programs all the while being compared to the last guy. On top of that his family (children) have to deal with the burden of a fan base (people like you) ridiculing dad/husband all the while sticking to the process and teaching his son that there was a time when he wouldn't have this opportunity. That fringe base that was wrong about Zo are so ignorant that you fail to realize that certain African-Americans who have come from nothing (myself included) and are placed in positions of authority are far more resilient than you think. We don't quit when the storm hits , we do the job because we know we're qualified. Zo is qualified and you and 37,000 others can't stand the fact that you were WRONG. I don't believe Zo will move on, but I could be wrong. However if he is who I think he is he stays because the more success a brotha has the more ignorant you all look. To those that admitted they were wrong about Zo this is not about you. A man will admit mistakes, a coward behind a petition will take credit for victory. Here's the kicker, 37,000+ people from the South looked like ignorant fools reaffirming old stereotypes that have not changed on both sides but everybody's scared to bring it up.doesn't make you a racist, just makes you ignorant.

Reactions: 2 people
I did watch the replay! Would you like to see it? You paid guys do anything to defend the coaching! Here's the overhead video!!!! Martin would never have drawn up the play if he knew there could be a charge and they would lose because of it.
NCAA Tournament 2014: Michigan survives Tennessee thanks to questionable call - NCAA Basketball - Sporting News

Dude why are you wasting your breath? Zo made the right call, we play an inside out game that once this team figured that out we started winning. You go with what got you there. If jarnel had thought for a second that he was in trouble he would have kicked it out. How many times has he shown us his court awareness? But of course it's Sunday and the experts come out. By the way I'm agreeing with you.

I suppose it was just going to bounce straight up and down one foot from the baseline when Lavert slapped it in that direction and was 6 feet away from the ball while he tried to get to it. You guys are unreal!

That's exactly what happened.

I don't know if someone could try to be more wrong than you are on this board and succeed.

Watch the video in the link provided.

Instagram

I suppose it was just going to bounce straight up and down one foot from the baseline when Lavert slapped it in that direction and was 6 feet away from the ball while he tried to get to it. You guys are unreal!

How did your 1-3-1 work against Michigan?

How did your 1-3-1 work against Michigan?
Cuonzo and you think if a team scores once against the 1-3-1 it is no good. He played it 9 minutes in two games against Florida and they did not score once. That's why they played it so long. They ran it one play against Michigan and just like every other time he used it he went back to man when a team scored. Stupid, imo. I'll let John Beihein, Michigan's coach, explain it to you and rest my case!

The Michigan 1-3-1 Zone Defense & Drills - Basketball -- Championship Productions, Inc.

That's exactly what happened.

I don't know if someone could try to be more wrong than you are on this board and succeed.

Watch the video in the link provided.

Instagram
First time I saw that video. I stand corrected. But that really has nothing to do with the fact that SOMEBODY should have known that Stokes could draw a charge in that situation and at least told him to be sure not to draw one!

can't zone 1-3-1 a team that shoots 42 on the season from deep as it leaves the corners open with passing. Also if you argue John Beilein is the mastermind behind this dont you think he'd know how to beat it? About the last play for stokes it wasnt an awful call. Funny how many complained about the last second call for Mcrae vs iowa in the play in and now the same thing for stokes. l

Wow in the beginning people criticize Zo. He makes a run in the tourney they criticize. They lose the game against a good team and the the expert here says he calls the wrong play. So I suppose if he had done what the expert wanted and lost, the expert would say he should have gave it to Stokes. Some people can't function without finding some way to be right about everything Couch Potato Coaches Rule!

Why didn't Jarnell know? Jarnell said in his post game interview that he didn't have the slightest idea he could have a charge called on him in that situation. He said if he thought there was the slightest chance he would have used a spin move or a double move. Question, why was he never coached that by any of his coaches?

He has been called for charging in similar situations before. Most grammar players know they can be called for charging. I think what Stokes was saying he did not charge and a blocking foul should have been called, but neither he nor Martin can say that.

VN Store

Back