Why are recruits going to come here? Please give some inspiring answers

The one thing I've heard recruits say that made their decision was "it feels like family".

A'ight, I totally agree.

Now we need to get the old songs playing and this dance party rocking.

1st song is "We are family".

Watch out for Freak, he's been known to get rowdy on the dance floor and knock people around like bowling pins, LOL!

A'ight, the next song is "Come Together".

Beware of Butchna, he's more noted for staggering around a dance floor than doing any actual dancing.

Now we're starting to rock like Vols fans and starting to come together like a family.

#cometogether

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I just want the local talent to stay home. For years now I have watched the best local players leave for other schools. I think if in state talent views us as anything other than a dumpster fire we start getting some really top notch guys.

I always wondered this. Other schools never get athletes in trouble for the simple stuff we do.

This is incorrect as is the first person who mentioned Knox versus other towns. It’s the media boys, not the police. The media don’t spin it from a molehill into a mountain.

new sheriff in town and he's wearing orange and white with guns a'blazing...are you with us or against us...:)

GO VOLS!

You forgot to mention the wall Butch was building with all those bricks. BTW, does anyone know where that wall is? One last question, if Butch is finished with his wall, and has any bricks left over from that project, what will happen to those left over bricks? We don't want any unsightly piles of bricks laying around the campus, ya know... and we don't want any players to fall over them and get hurt.

:popcorn:

Pretty sure I saw this down by the railroad tracks near campus. I guess that's it.
red-brick-mountain-clipping-path-12181367.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
“Juncos”? If you’re talking about Jucos, why weren’t they recruited by SEC schools when they graduated HS?

If you have to ask, stay out of the recruiting questions. Your constant licking of privates, sniffing everyone's ass, and generally ****ting everywhere is getting annoying.

Reactions: 3 people
If this recruiting cycle proves anything to me is if you have the wrong people out front of your program (Dooley and Jones) it doesn’t matter how nice your buildings, locker rooms, academic support people, etc are. Having all that with the wrong guy is like putting beautiful dresses and jewelry on a pig.

Reactions: 2 people
I think just from reading the recruiting site that, it is looking very good at this point. Sounds like maybe 4 or 5 or more good recruits are starting to change their minds from other schools. The facilities, new coaches, and Kneyland stadium are impressing these young men.

I don't know. Maybe there are football players who want to hear Rocky Top till their ears bleed, and see people cheering for them wearing checkerboard overalls. If that is what they want, God love em, and bring em in.

From my people and believe me I have people just like you guys have people (except mine are real), they say CJP didn't realize that UT's facilities were second to none until he came on campus to interview for job. He didn't check out the facilities when he was a visiting coach. He had no idea how great they were until the interview process. On top of already being a good recruiter he also has the ammo to say we got better facilities than these other places I have coached so at least get on campus and give us a look. Next thread.

They can see snow for the first time from a comfortable distance in winter.

There is not a more beautiful place to play football than in Neyland Stadium with 102,000, on the banks of the Tennessee river and the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, it doesn't get any better that this:good!:
Go Vols

Reactions: 2 people
I know this isn't a reason to pick a school, but I was driving up Cumberland, through Campus and into Downtown, and Knoxville and the UT campus is really transforming into an amazing place. The new residence Halls, UC, and research buildings are some of the best I've seen on a college campus. The downtown area is coming alive.

Last edited:
We need players bad. We haven't been getting them. Why choose us over other sec schools.

The football Atmosphere in the Tennessee Valley is second to none on Fall Saturdays.

Big Orange country is literally orange because of the leaves changing colors 🌅. Beautiful.

Then you got Neyland Stadium and 100,000 + fans. Orange Navy.

Some of the greatest players EVER in the sport of football have played at Tennessee.

They play in the hardest league of football next to the NFL. SEC is the essence of what makes college football special. It is the epitome of pure competition in the sport.

The fans are passionate and loyal.
Knoxville was made for college football. Some say Nashville is the heart of the south. Some say Atlanta. Knoxville is a good in- between place from those two.

The power T flying down the sideline as a Tennessee WR breaks it wide open is an awesome site to experience!

We can be everybody.
And BEAT anybody!

Check the SEC and National Championships if you doubt me.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back