Why are recruits going to come here? Please give some inspiring answers

Knoxville is actually less of a draw than some of the other truly s---hole SEC towns because it's just barely too big to be lock-downable by the athletic department/boosters. Stuff a young "student-athlete" could get away with in certain burgs beginning with A or T won't fly in Ktown because the local police still have some degree of autonomy.
But do we really want that type of player that considers this in their decision? Whether or not they will get away with misdemeanors?

We need players bad. We haven't been getting them. Why choose us over other sec schools.

You ever been to Tusklooser, Starkville (aptly named), Columbia (pick one), etc.

Knoxville has little competition. Athens is ok and Nashville is great but that's about it.

Play at Lexington, Ole Miss or Neyland? Easy answer.

Vol Navy, hunting, fishing, skiing, Knoxville isn't too small or too large.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Because recruits have always came here. Pruitt knows he has to have the Jimmy and Joes to compete with the elite in the SEC and will bring some great football players in.

Reactions: 1 person
I disagree. We all know that BUTch had the best coaching staff in America. If you do not believe me, then just ask BUTch, he will tell you

You forgot to mention the wall Butch was building with all those bricks. BTW, does anyone know where that wall is? One last question, if Butch is finished with his wall, and has any bricks left over from that project, what will happen to those left over bricks? We don't want any unsightly piles of bricks laying around the campus, ya know... and we don't want any players to fall over them and get hurt.

:popcorn:

Pruitt and staff still putting out the offers, even tonight. Working hard to bring in some great ones. We are trying to fill holes quickly with juncos, and it is beginning to work.

“Juncos”? If you’re talking about Jucos, why weren’t they recruited by SEC schools when they graduated HS?

You ever been to Tusklooser, Starkville (aptly named), Columbia (pick one), etc.

Knoxville has little competition. Athens is ok and Nashville is great but that's about it.

Play at Lexington, Ole Miss or Neyland? Easy answer.

Vol Navy, hunting, fishing, skiing, Knoxville isn't too small or too large.

Are you really trying to compare Knoxville, TN favorably with Athens, GA? Not many outside Knoxville are going to side with you. Even if some of those do.

Are you really trying to compare Knoxville, TN favorably with Athens, GA? Not many outside Knoxville are going to side with you. Even if some of those do.

Recruiting-wise I'd agree with you. But for anybody over the age of about 23, no way. Athens is a good college town, but that's all that's there.

I think the 102 thousand fans captivates recruits. The noise itself is rattling, and Kneyland stadium is an intimidation factor. Now, add this great staff with Philip Fulmer as AD, and I think recruits are going to start flocking to Knoxville. The recruits that has never seen our facilities before that are visiting now, I bet as soon as they walk in are in awe. That my friends is what this is about, Pruitt and co. trying to go higher to bring them in here, and with the right pieces, it will come together.

Kneyland Stadium? lol, who plays there?

If we're talking best best SEC town then its Nashville by a landslide. Although Knoxville and Athens are both in the top 5.

Shouldn’t you learn to spell the name of the stadium before you qualify as an “intimidation” expert?

I hate feeding the trolls--and there is no troll lower than a Georgia troll--but seriously, almost 3,000 posts on a rival's fan site? Only a Georgia fan would be this lame.

I don't even know the name of a Georgia fan site--and I don't want to....and many of us have been through Athens (not to Athens, bc why would you? lol). The only thing it has going for it is it's not too far from Atlanta.

The really appealing thing about Knoxville is that not only is it an extremely cool city, but also that it is not far away from on of America's most popular vacation destinations in the Smokies at Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.

I think the 102 thousand fans captivates recruits. The noise itself is rattling, and Kneyland stadium is an intimidation factor. Now, add this great staff with Philip Fulmer as AD, and I think recruits are going to start flocking to Knoxville. The recruits that has never seen our facilities before that are visiting now, I bet as soon as they walk in are in awe. That my friends is what this is about, Pruitt and co. trying to go higher to bring them in here, and with the right pieces, it will come together.

If a person has to ask, then it makes me think they don't know about all of the above. As a vol.fan, I fell in love with this team when I was 14 and never doubted. Just take the time to be in Knoxville on game day and experience it from the tailgating, the vol walk, seeing the players run the T, hearing Rocky Top, hearing the Tennessee Waltz at the end, and the list goes on. In my mind, why wouldn't a recruit come here?

You forgot to mention the wall Butch was building with all those bricks. BTW, does anyone know where that wall is? One last question, if Butch is finished with his wall, and has any bricks left over from that project, what will happen to those left over bricks? We don't want any unsightly piles of bricks laying around the campus, ya know... and we don't want any players to fall over them and get hurt.

:popcorn:

Actually there was no wall built by b UTch because V Fox clearly said that Mexico was not going to build that STUPID wall

Reactions: 2 people
“Juncos”? If you’re talking about Jucos, why weren’t they recruited by SEC schools when they graduated HS?

Needed to gain muscle or weight or had academic issues.
Look at the list of SEC JUCO players in years past. Pretty good list. Larry Binion. C Garner. Dale Carter Mimms Patterson etc etc

We need players bad. We haven't been getting them. Why choose us over other sec schools.

Pruitt said it best. We are looking forward not behind us. Outside of Bama and UGA we've got about as much to sell as anyone in sec. We will finish in 10-14 range with plenty of players who will be on the field next fall.

VN Store

Back