Who ya got tonight?

Who are you picking for 2014 NC

• Total voters
Pulling like hell for Oregon.....believe Ohio St. has a good chance of winning because they're better and more takented than most on here want to acknowledge. I'll take Oregon in a close one.....37-34

I honestly think TCU should have been in rather than the Suckeyes.

I think TCU could beat alaBubba and the Luckeyes.

I've said all along that the playoffs should be at least the top 8 teams and let is be decided on the turf.

Many of us football fans would love to see the college season extended another week or 2.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I find this a strange end to a football season:

For the first time in a long time there is no SEC team in the final for the championship. I am only pulling for the Ducks because I cannot stand the OSU fan base.

Secondly; I do not have a team left in the NFL playoffs now that the Cowboys got screwed on the Dez Bryant call and Peyton losing to his former team.

I guess I will move on to basketball......

I have a lot of family in Ohio, so I've grown up having them as my favorite team in the BIG 10. I'm curious why everyone hates them so much, though?

Why Vols hate OSU:

1) It's been well documented on VN for years but after the 96' Citrus Bowl OSU blamed their loss to the Vols on the soggy turf and that TN used illegal cleats. That team had the Heisman trophy winner (Eddie George) Biletnifoff (Terry Glenn) Orlando Pace, etc.

2) They fired John Cooper who is a native Knoxvillian. He didn't win a NC but ran a clean program. They bring in Tressel and we know how that ended up.

3) They whine about getting no respect when year in and year out, they play weak OOC schedules. I'll admit they exceeded my expecations this year but historically they beat up on weaker teams and seem to never play the top Big 10 teams when the conference is strong.

Oregon or Ohio State?

Quack Quack.

Quack Quack all day. Ohio St did Saban a favor beating him. Oregon is the one team that could have run Ala out of Jerry World. With the way Saban has struggled with DT QB's in his career combined with Ala not having a pass rush and getting killed by the passgame. Mariota would have had a field day on Ala's secondary this yr. Think Oregon gets their first NC. They are definitely the best all around team this yr without question.

They lost a couple of starters

Long as it's not Mariota or Oline guys they didn't have when Ariz beat them early it shouldn't matter. I know one was a WR but Mariota spreads the ball around. Think being down to their third string QB finally catches up to Ohio St. Oregon has more film on him now and has the advantage over Ala with that. They know more about what he does well and how they like to use him. Can see Mariota having a huge game. Atleast I hope he does.

Everyone thought Bama would blow OSU out and you seen what happened. I live with all OSU fans and they think will be close but will be a OSU win

I have a lot of family in Ohio, so I've grown up having them as my favorite team in the BIG 10. I'm curious why everyone hates them so much, though?

Because of Urban is why I don't like them. But he is one of the top two coaches in the country so I still give him his props.

idgaf as long as Bane shows up in the tunnel

ThriftySpottedCoati.gif

Reactions: 2 people
For instances just as this. They should've never been in the playoffs. Its not that I'm an Oregon fan, but Ohio st was 3 spots from the playoffs, but got bumped in. My opinion though.

I do think Ohio St deserved to be in over TCU or Baylor. If you can't win your conference outright or don't have a conference championship game then you shouldn't get to play in the playoff. Ala, FSU and Ore all won their conference championship and would have had to play one more game than TCU or Baylor then Ohio St eon theirs as well. Think they sent a message to all conferenced..play a championship game and win it..Just like Ala a few yrs ago. They couldn't even win the West and got to play for the NC against LSU who beat them, won the west and the SEC. If you can't win your conference, division or not play a conference championship like everyone else then you don't deserve the chance to win the NC. And the Big 12 usef to have one it made no sense to quit having one but it ultimately cost TCU and Baylor.

I find this a strange end to a football season:

For the first time in a long time there is no SEC team in the final for the championship. I am only pulling for the Ducks because I cannot stand the OSU fan base.

Secondly; I do not have a team left in the NFL playoffs now that the Cowboys got screwed on the Dez Bryant call and Peyton losing to his former team.

I guess I will move on to basketball......

Don't pull for the Warriors then, please. You don't seem to bring luck with you. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Ohio State is the Alabama of the Big 10. Haughty, pompous & arrogant. Oregon is the Florida of the PAC 12, 2nd to USCs better-than-you attitude, so I'm for Oregon (or against Ohio St)

Pulling like hell for Oregon.....believe Ohio St. has a good chance of winning because they're better and more takented than most on here want to acknowledge. I'll take Oregon in a close one.....37-34

I would hope a real college fb fan can realize how good and talented Ohio St is. They are built like an SEC team and with Urban there they could compete week in and out in the SEC. Don't know many if any oother teams could take a third string qb making his second start and make Ala look very bad defensively. Ohio St was the better and faster team in that game. And Ala looking like the slower team rarely happens. Like I said Urban has built Ohio St just like an SEC team. As long as he is in the big 10 he won't lose very often. Big 10 will have to follow his blueprint or he will continue to dominate as long as he is there. Speed definitely kills. Just not sure any other Big 1010 teams outside of maybe Mich will be able to consistently get kids from the South and West to come to that cold climate.

Everyone thought Bama would blow OSU out and you seen what happened. I live with all OSU fans and they think will be close but will be a OSU win

Most bettors are betting the Ohio State Moneyline, which means they are betting on Ohio St to win and the line went fron 7.5 down to 5.5. Majority of people think Ohio State wins. Think Oregon will be too much and eventually wear them down. Jmo

VN Store

Back