Who does Pruitt play for?

I read that somewhere. It seems Soddy is worried that the time an effort to grow the bama brand is wasted on them and not on the big orange growing our brand. I agree with all the posters pertaining to responsibility but, when he signs the contract it's us against them like drawing the line in the sand. I will tell Soddy that I've been in a cornfield and wonder over the fence into another field and stepped in the sh%t but, I was on a motorcycle!! Times have changed. As Always go Big O.
:clapping:

I have never heard of a situation where a major football school hired a new coach, but the new coach remained at the original school, an arch rival school, to help them for another 6 weeks.

Why would the new coach want to do that?
Why would the head coach (Saban) allow it?
Why would the new employer (UT) allow it?
Why are we putting up with it?

Don't make excuses or lame justifications. We need all his time and energy here now. We have lost the fan base, recruits, and our reputation.

Today, is our new coach for us or is he for Alabama?
You've missed out on s lot. Kirby did it and a few others have also

It's probably more like you getting offered a job and you accept but you still give your current employer a two weeks notice to finish up any lose ends.
Two weeks would be reasonable (ignoring we are paying him 35 million dollars to come put out a dumpster fire)

I could not agree more. Question is, who is he coaching? If it is us, why is he there? If it's them, ...I don't have words.

I believe he will do his best for Tennessee. He wants to keep the commitment he made to the players at Bama. I think it's commendable. It shows his character and I don't believe that by him doing this it means that he will not work hard for us.

Reactions: 1 person
It's probably more like you getting offered a job and you accept but you still give your current employer a two weeks notice to finish up any lose ends.

That is not how it works in the CFB world and you and everyone here knows this. It's why every other coach that was hired left for their new school and won't be coaching in bowl games.

It wasn't good for Kirby to do it, but in Georgia he was taking over a 10 win team that had been stable for 15 years. This is a dumpster fire. It needs putting out asap.

I have never heard of a situation where a major football school hired a new coach, but the new coach remained at the original school, an arch rival school, to help them for another 6 weeks.

Don't make excuses or lame justifications. We need all his time and energy here now. We have lost the fan base, recruits, and our reputation.

Six weeks my big orange ass. Clemson gonna whup em. :rock:

Try three weeks. :)

Do you want to set the precedent that you are too dumb to see the difference between them and Pruitt?
They are all proven and CJP is not? Other than that why doncha tell me.

Oh that's right. It's the playoffs. Nevermind.

I hope Bama loses by 30.

I gained respect for him for this. He is dedicated to his players. Even if he is leaving he said it himself- something along the lines of "I made a commitment to the University of Tennessee...but I also made a prior commitment to the players at the University of Alabama." I have no problem with him doing this. Shows that he follows through on his words.

This x 1000. Well said. Gotta respect the man for doing that!!!!

Take a deep breath. The guy wants to finish what he started & feels an obligation to finish the season for his players. I don’t have a problem with it. In fact, every time he is seen on the sideline it will certainly drive conversation that he’s the next coach at the University of Tennessee and can do some positive things for recruiting.

Get over it.

It'll be free publicity for TN during Alabama's bowl game/s. Guarantee broadcasters mention TN no less than 50 times!

GBO-A'ight!

In the real world, when you resign from a position to move onto the next [usually better] opportunity, the professional courtesy is to give two weeks notice. There is no law that states you have to work two weeks after your resignation; you can pack up and walk out the door that morning. More often than not, professionals in this position still have commitments to the organization that they feel responsible to complete even though they have submitted their resignation.

Pruitt is really not doing anything different. He has a personal commitment to his Alabama players as he said yesterday. He has sacrificed a lot of time and energy over the past two years to get to where they are right now. Why walk out on the people who look up to you at the most important moment? I also imagine he'd like the opportunity to enjoy the fruit of his labor over the past two years.

These few weeks are not going to make a difference in his career at UT in the long run. I'd rather have a 5 time national champion coach on the sidelines. He genuinely proved yesterday he is all in at UT.

Reactions: 2 people
Two weeks would be reasonable (ignoring we are paying him 35 million dollars to come put out a dumpster fire)

If the rolls were reversed and Tn playing in the playoffs and Bama had hired Pruitt away from us. You would be pissed if Pruitt walked out on Tn during the playoffs to go coach a team thats not even in a bowl game. Either way its a no win for him.

Frost is now saying he may not coach the Peach Bowl because it's creating a "touchy" situation in trying to balance that and his commitment to Nebraska.

UCF and Nebraska are not tied to each other in any way at all. It's still creating tension for him.

I'm amazed that we're so battered down as a fanbase we have no issue with Pruitt coaching for Alabama for a month.

Can people in Soddy Daisy only think in binary?

He's the defensive coordinator for the 2017-2018 season. He's our coach in the 2018-2019 season.

You see how there's two numbers that are the same?
There are only 2 numbers that have really been bothering me.

"4" and "8".

...and I'd like all hands on deck to change them rather than trying to make Alabama 13 and 1

If Alabama was playing in the TaxSlayer bowl, he wouldn't coach it, I can guarantee it.

You guys take college football so seriously that you completely remove yourself from the situation of it being about the collegiate athletes. As much as I cannot stand Alabama, and do not want them to win another national championship, those athletes, regardless of what uniform they wear, deserve to have their coaches stand behind them as they compete for a championship.

This isn't war, people. Alabama isn't invading the Tennessee border with tanks and infantry. They're playing a sport comprised of 18-23 year olds.

I assure you he holds no more allegiance to Bammer...he's already trying to flip a couple of his top recruits he got to commit to the Tide. Also he's trying to flip a 5 star committed to Jawja...who was he recruited by? Sherrer!

Also, we call it Sodomy Daily...

Uhh pretty sure if we were playing Bama in the playoff we wouldn't have just hired a new coach :eek:lol:

You left out way too many :eek:lol: for that kind of asinine question. Add about 75
More and u should be good. Now apologize to orange Soddy Daisey for under making fun of them.

That is not how it works in the CFB world and you and everyone here knows this. It's why every other coach that was hired left for their new school and won't be coaching in bowl games.

It wasn't good for Kirby to do it, but in Georgia he was taking over a 10 win team that had been stable for 15 years. This is a dumpster fire. It needs putting out asap.

Yes, I agree that it's not how it normally works. And you are also right that this is a dumpster fire and that's probably why we didn't have much negotiating room. You can see the state of affairs we are in by just looking at the fact that his buyout isn't mitigated by him accepting a position anywhere else. If we fire Coach Pruitt he gets paid regardless.

You stupid......

1. Design and implement new work out regime after extensive face to face meetings with every player on the team.

2. Make sure all players are academically compliant.

3. Work with staff on developing routines for coaches and players during off-season.

4. Identify and analyze potential lesser known recruits for the late signing period, since he seems to be punting the early signing period per what he said yesterday.

5. Begin film breakdown of Tennessee to identify weaknesses that need fixing through recruiting and then spring practice.

6. Not work to make Alabama a better team while on our dime. This should be the only reason needed for any Vol fan. There's 0 justification for him making Alabama a better team while he's the Tennessee head coach. None.

There's a reason head coaches work 16-18 hours a day, year round.

Would you rather say no you can't coach and risk him not coming here? I would say on paper with the staff he is bringing that we came out pretty good seeing where we were two weeks ago. 3 extra weeks for a coach that could be here for the next 10 years is a good tradeoff.

VN Store

Back