Who does Pruitt play for?

I have never heard of a situation where a major football school hired a new coach, but the new coach remained at the original school, an arch rival school, to help them for another 6 weeks.

Why would the new coach want to do that?
Why would the head coach (Saban) allow it?
Why would the new employer (UT) allow it?
Why are we putting up with it?

Don't make excuses or lame justifications. We need all his time and energy here now. We have lost the fan base, recruits, and our reputation.

Today, is our new coach for us or is he for Alabama?

Well...I hate to be the one to tell you this, but if Bama advances to the second round of the playoff, then Phil Fulmer is going to be on the Bama sideline wearing a crimson jacket.. No need to get upset, he’s just doing it to mend fences.

1. Design and implement new work out regime after extensive face to face meetings with every player on the team.

2. Make sure all players are academically compliant.

3. Work with staff on developing routines for coaches and players during off-season.

4. Identify and analyze potential lesser known recruits for the late signing period, since he seems to be punting the early signing period per what he said yesterday.

5. Begin film breakdown of Tennessee to identify weaknesses that need fixing through recruiting and then spring practice.

6. Not work to make Alabama a better team while on our dime. This should be the only reason needed for any Vol fan. There's 0 justification for him making Alabama a better team while he's the Tennessee head coach. None.

There's a reason head coaches work 16-18 hours a day, year round.
We should have hired you instead

Irrelevant to the point I made

You won't get a straight answer. As a matter of fact, you're likely to get called names if you question why the head coach at the University of Tennessee is going to spend 4 weeks of his first 6 on the job working like heck to make Alabama the best team he can make them. Every single thing about the program is on it's head these days. Might as well add that there are now UT "fans" who are cheering for Alabama to win championships.

Reactions: 1 person
No I did not realize that. Do you realize you didn't answer the question?

My point is 'where is the line?'. When would we say, "wait a minute dude, we just made your grandkid's grandkids rich beyond any of our imaginations and you want to stay with the enemy another month and a half?"

I am not going to answer an absurd hypothetical. I have zero problem with this. Is it ideal? No. Is it a problem? Not based on the last time this happened with a major program. If you have any frustration about it you need to direct it to Fulmer. They negotiated this during his interview. We agreed. His wife can get the kids settled in the area. Let him worry about his family. You don't need to pretend to.

The entire time he will be at Alabama is in the recruiting dead period. Assuming the staff is assembled, he won't be missing much.

If you guys haven't been paying attention, he's already sent out several offers to recruits, including current ALABAMA commitments, on our dime. He's been one of the elite recruiters in the southeast for 7-8 years now, you think he has no clue what's going on with recruiting in the state of Tennessee and the country in general?

The man just spent a half hour last night explaining WHY he's doing it and you morons still want to run him down for being a morally ethic person instead of being a humongous d-bag to the kids he's been coaching for 2 years.

Reactions: 3 people
Do we need him here more or does he need to be at Alabama more?

Good question. At first glance I would say us, but the bigger picture says Bama. If Bama does win the championship, another ring for CJP and better push for recruits. Not to mention the free press on the biggest stage with the UT brand on everyone's mind. JMO

I have never heard of a situation where a major football school hired a new coach, but the new coach remained at the original school, an arch rival school, to help them for another 6 weeks.

Why would the new coach want to do that?
Why would the head coach (Saban) allow it?
Why would the new employer (UT) allow it?
Why are we putting up with it?

Don't make excuses or lame justifications. We need all his time and energy here now. We have lost the fan base, recruits, and our reputation.

Today, is our new coach for us or is he for Alabama?

I 've never understood why people ask this dumb question. What does that even mean? "Where does his loyalties lie?" Yea it makes a lot of sense for a coach to sabotage his career by losing with his current team to benefit another team.:crazy: It's in a coaches best interest to always do his best for whatever team he is coaching. It only helps him in the end.

The entire time he will be at Alabama is in the recruiting dead period. Assuming the staff is assembled, he won't be missing much.

A) All the dead period means is that you can't have face to face contact with recruits. You can still contact them.

B) You don't think that maybe there are internal issues in the program now that may need working on rather than helping Alabama solve any issues they have with stopping Clemson (something they've failed utterly at 2 years in a row, hopefully they give up 70 in this game.)

C) You don't think that maybe instead of watching Clemson film, he should be watching Tennessee film to identify what our needs are and who he should target to make the team better?

D) Same as above. He needs to be giving players individual mandates regarding off-season work. Analyzing each individual on film and then having face to face meetings with each to explain his system and what they will have to do to fulfill his expectations.

There's a whooooooooooole lot of work to do. To me this is like getting a job at a place where your task is to fix chaos in the office, then taking a month of vacation in the first 5 weeks on the job.

Reactions: 2 people
If you listened to the Press Conference, CJP said he would be here until the dead period which if I'm not wrong is from dec the 18th until jan the 11th. That gives him a window to coach up and honor his commitment to the players he helped recruit. The man sat in the homes of these kids and as a man of his word is honoring his commitment to his players and these young men.

I for one applaud this course and if that's the way he handles himself we are lucky to have him. Practice what you preach. I'm all in!
SO Willie Taggert, Jimbo, Dan Mullen among others are slime balls. Good thing we didn't get any of them.

Good question. At first glance I would say us, but the bigger picture says Bama. If Bama does win the championship, another ring for CJP and better push for recruits. Not to mention the free press on the biggest stage with the UT brand on everyone's mind. JMO
If Alabama wins the championship, Alabama gets more positive press, Saban gets more positive press. We have nothing whatsoever to gain in the press or with the recruiting war if Alabama wins.

If you guys haven't been paying attention, he's already sent out several offers to recruits, including current ALABAMA commitments, on our dime. He's been one of the elite recruiters in the southeast for 7-8 years now, you think he has no clue what's going on with recruiting in the state of Tennessee and the country in general?

The man just spent a half hour last night explaining WHY he's doing it and you morons still want to run him down for being a morally ethic person instead of being a humongous d-bag to the kids he's been coaching for 2 years.

His.Staff.Has.To.Abandon.Their.Players.So.He.Can.Go.Coach.Alabama.

Why is it moral and good for him to stay at Alabama, make them better, (which hurts us) while making his staff come to Knoxville and not coach their kids they committed to. Mike Bobo gave an interview yesterday and said losing Friend and Fair puts them in a really bad spot and really hurts their kids. If he is using some moral commitment issues, why not apply it across the board and let those guys stay at their job?

A) All the dead period means is that you can't have face to face contact with recruits. You can still contact them.

B) You don't think that maybe there are internal issues in the program now that may need working on rather than helping Alabama solve any issues they have with stopping Clemson (something they've failed utterly at 2 years in a row, hopefully they give up 70 in this game.)

C) You don't think that maybe instead of watching Clemson film, he should be watching Tennessee film to identify what our needs are and who he should target to make the team better?

D) Same as above. He needs to be giving players individual mandates regarding off-season work. Analyzing each individual on film and then having face to face meetings with each to explain his system and what they will have to do to fulfill his expectations.

There's a whooooooooooole lot of work to do. To me this is like getting a job at a place where your task is to fix chaos in the office, then taking a month of vacation in the first 5 weeks on the job.

It's probably more like you getting offered a job and you accept but you still give your current employer a two weeks notice to finish up any lose ends.

Reactions: 4 people

6. Not work to make Alabama a better team while on our dime. This should be the only reason needed for any Vol fan. There's 0 justification for him making Alabama a better team while he's the Tennessee head coach. None.

There's a reason head coaches work 16-18 hours a day, year round.

So, the thing he repeated at least six times "It's all about the student athletes and what's best for them" is not good justification?

1-5 can all be handled adequately by assistants.

It's ridiculous because you would admit what you are asking for is completely unprofessional in any other capacity.

Next time you leave a job... Make sure you steal all the software, change passwords, delete all your work, stuff TP in all the toilets, and douse your cubicle in gasoline with a match behind it.

Anything less is disrespectful to your new employer.

I 've never understood why people ask this dumb question. What does that even mean? "Where does his loyalties lie?" Yea it makes a lot of sense for a coach to sabotage his career by losing with his current team to benefit another team.:crazy: It's in a coaches best interest to always do his best for whatever team he is coaching. It only helps him in the end.
I could not agree more. Question is, who is he coaching? If it is us, why is he there? If it's them, ...I don't have words.

We should have hired you as Athletic Director.

this^

I could not agree more. Question is, who is he coaching? If it is us, why is he there? If it's them, ...I don't have words.

Can people in Soddy Daisy only think in binary?

He's the defensive coordinator for the 2017-2018 season. He's our coach in the 2018-2019 season.

You see how there's two numbers that are the same?

VN Store

Back