Who does Pruitt play for?

Kirby Smart was hired to GA and still coached bama's championship (and won). Didnt seem to stop him now did it? Kiffin was run off before he could (and it cost bama IMO).

You had best believe TODAY he is out there recruiting staff and players (and he has some good inside notes I would bet). On game day, he wants to win for the bummers. Thats ok, I guarantee you next year, however, he will want to beat the socks off of Saban,

Reactions: 2 people
Take a deep breath. The guy wants to finish what he started & feels an obligation to finish the season for his players. I don’t have a problem with it. In fact, every time he is seen on the sideline it will certainly drive conversation that he’s the next coach at the University of Tennessee and can do some positive things for recruiting.

Get over it.
I have nothing to get over.

He expects his new assistant coaches to leave their current teams behind while he works like heck to get Bama as good as it can be.

This is all about making Bama better. If it was some moral issue he wouldn't ask his new assistants to bail on their teams.

His commitment should be 100 percent to Tennessee. It's ridiculous that Phil even entertained the notion he could take a month off. At the very least I hope he's not getting paid by UT to coach Alabama.

Reactions: 3 people
I have never heard of a situation where a major football school hired a new coach, but the new coach remained at the original school, an arch rival school, to help them for another 6 weeks.

Why would the new coach want to do that?
Why would the head coach (Saban) allow it?
Why would the new employer (UT) allow it?
Why are we putting up with it?

Don't make excuses or lame justifications. We need all his time and energy here now. We have lost the fan base, recruits, and our reputation.

Today, is our new coach for us or is he for Alabama?

We saw it before with Kirby Smart and a bit with Kiffin when he was at Alabama.

Pruitt is obligated under contract to finish out his duties as the DC for Alabama. It also shows he's loyal to the students that he's coached there. He will do what he can recruiting wise but he'll have to go back and coach the semifinal game. It is what it is.

Reactions: 1 person
Leave SD alone not likes its Polk county or something.

but to answer the question Kirby Smart did, he recruits til dead period starts. that means no contact with recruits if i'm not mistaken. He then goes back to finish his commitment to bama. I personally have no issue with it. to me it shows recruits that he is commited & know who to get championships.

He expects his new assistant coaches to leave their current teams behind while he works like heck to get Bama as good as it can be.

This is all about making Bama better. If it was some moral issue he wouldn't ask his new assistants to bail on their teams.

His commitment should be 100 percent to Tennessee. It's ridiculous that Phil even entertained the notion he could take a month off. At the very least I hope he's not getting paid by UT to coach Alabama.

Exactly.

What if we happened to be playing Alabama in the playoff? Would it be different then?

Last edited:
What do you expect him to do during the dead period???

1. Recruit illegally during the dead period
2. Hold illegal 2-a-day practices and have a depth chart by Jan. 1st.
3. Put together the last 10% of his staff that took 24-48 hours to put together the first 90%.
4. Learn all the words to "Rocky Top"
5. Go shopping for orange gear.

I'd assume OP wants something along the lines of this.

Reactions: 7 people
What do you expect him to do during the dead period???

1 Moving his family
2 Getting to know the community
3 Finding a home
4 Contacting potential staff
5 Learning the UT Football culture
6 Having a presence on campus
7 Reviewing what we've been doing wrong
8 Getting some rest
9 Getting kids in a new school
10 Learning the facility
11 Developing a plan to succeed
12 Identifying recruits
13 Learning the names of players
14 Familiarizing with TN high schools and coaches
15 Reaching out to potential recru...nevermind, he can wait 6 weeks and catch up then

3. Put together the last 10% of his staff that took 24-48 hours to put together the first 90%.

See above...and below

Last edited:

1. Design and implement new work out regime after extensive face to face meetings with every player on the team.

2. Make sure all players are academically compliant.

3. Work with staff on developing routines for coaches and players during off-season.

4. Identify and analyze potential lesser known recruits for the late signing period, since he seems to be punting the early signing period per what he said yesterday.

5. Begin film breakdown of Tennessee to identify weaknesses that need fixing through recruiting and then spring practice.

6. Not work to make Alabama a better team while on our dime. This should be the only reason needed for any Vol fan. There's 0 justification for him making Alabama a better team while he's the Tennessee head coach. None.

There's a reason head coaches work 16-18 hours a day, year round.

Do you realize why that is the dumbest hypothetical you could possibly ask? Sudden death by our Head Coach would be the only way we would be in that scenario.
No I did not realize that. Do you realize you didn't answer the question?

My point is 'where is the line?'. When would we say, "wait a minute dude, we just made your grandkid's grandkids rich beyond any of our imaginations and you want to stay with the enemy another month and a half?"

If I were you I would be looking around for a school I could trust. I know that the people in power are not as smart as you.

VN Store

Back