Who does everyone see winning the East?

I disagree, I live in GA and take great pride in the UGA choke factor. They always choke when it counts and especially when they get a lot of preseason hype..they are loaded with talent but history tells me they won't live up to their expectations.

I don’t think they have to live up to the hype to win the east. There’s room for error for them to still win the east.

UGA will cruise. People talking about Dawgs resting on their laurels are way off base. Kirby had no problem recruiting over Eason and he's put Fromm on notice the year after winning the SECCG. UGA has not hit their ceiling yet.

Nobody knows what’s gonna happen as far as UGA’s “ceiling”. Last year might have been their ceiling. Say they meet Bama in the SEC Championship game this year, who do you honestly see winning that game?

Georgia will win the East but they aren’t making it back to the playoff.

"Since 2000, UGA QBs have only thrown 5 TD in WB stadium."

Thats is a amazing stat.

USCjr has a very good, competitive QB and an elite playmaker as well. That’s a good recipe for success. I just think having UGA in Columbia early is a big deal for a inexperienced, but talented team.

Nobody knows what’s gonna happen as far as UGA’s “ceiling”. Last year might have been their ceiling. Say they meet Bama in the SEC Championship game this year, who do you honestly see winning that game?
They had the #3 class in 2017 and the #1 class this year. UGA can give Bama a game any day of the week. How many years of Pruitt will it take before Vols fans can say the same?

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think South Carolina is that good, I just think the east is that bad.

Samuel and Dowdle returning should help Bentley a lot, assuming Samuel returns to what he was in 2016, but still I see UGA winning the East. UGA loses a lot on D, but so does Bama every year and it never seems to effect them too much. UGA had recruited on that level the last couple of seasons so there should be no drop off talentwise. And SC is no where near UGA talentwise. And I don't see SC having a coaching edge to offset that.

With South Carolina hosting UGA in Columbia in week 2, whoever wins that is in the drivers seat in my opinion. To me it’s the biggest game in the SEC this season. Sucks, but I think it is. Columbia will be an absolute hornets nest that day. So I’m going USCjr in the East. That said, they don’t have much room to slip up.

SC has lost 4 in a row to Ky. I’d say realistically they need to worry about the Kys if the world before they can talk winning the east.

USCjr has a very good, competitive QB and an elite playmaker as well. That’s a good recipe for success. I just think having UGA in Columbia early is a big deal for a inexperienced, but talented team.

Is he tho? He ratio last year was 18/12 TD/INT and against defenses with a pulse he completed less than 50% in every game. His yards weren’t many more than Fromm’s and most games Fromm never threw a 4th qtr pass and Bentley is throwing against prevent defenses who just want to run the clock. I do thing he is a gamer and is aaa competitive as any but he took a step back last year in his stats once everyone got film on him. His #1 target and safety blanket TE Hurst is gone to the NFL, that guy was a beast.

Like most of yall are saying it's Georgia's to lose and they will probably win the East. With our luck tho it would not surprise me to see the d#!m Gators in first at the end of the season. I know they are about even with us and have a coach in his first season also but it would be just what some people would love to rub in our faces.

Georgia has no excuse for not winning it. I say that without even looking at their schedule.

This pains me more than most know......but I say UF has a chance to be real good. JMO, but they have the best chance to knock off the dawgs.

Im going to take South carolina and i'll take Mizzou as a sleeper.

Ga will finish better than Florida and probably the Vols but they will be disappointed in their season. 5-3 in SEC probably.

Who'll win the SEC East, eh? Let us gaze into the crystal...
wizard-3-marvel.jpg

I see Tennessee!
maxresdefault.jpg

No, wait... That's Auntie Em.

I would go higher with Missouri because of the offense and Lock returning, but then they hired Dooley as OC

UGA
USCe
Kentucky
Missouri
UF
Tennessee
Vandy

South Carolina won’t be great. The division just sucks outside UGA.

Who'll win the SEC East, eh? Let us gaze into the crystal...
wizard-3-marvel.jpg

I see Tennessee!
maxresdefault.jpg

No, wait... That's Auntie Em.

VolNation be like...

Attachments

• 20171222_210703_1524278063541.jpg
    20171222_210703_1524278063541.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1
They had the #3 class in 2017 and the #1 class this year. UGA can give Bama a game any day of the week. How many years of Pruitt will it take before Vols fans can say the same?

Point being, if Pruitt is who we all hope him to be, then UGA will have better competition in the east by the time Saban retires. And how many #1 classes has Saban had? UGA is all hype right now and Smart benefited from having the best UGA squad (recruited by Richt) in 40 years and still couldn’t get it done. Whether some want to admit it or not, the leadership of Smith, Chubb and Michel is not just something that’s gonna be easily replaceable.

Reactions: 2 people

If we have "our guy," we will be consistently competitive against the likes of Bama within 3 years. That's not to say we can't pull upsets sooner than that, because, ya know, sometimes good coaching staffs have been known to put their teams in positions to beat more talented teams.

Everyone is picking Georgia to win the East it seems, but with as much talent as they lost last year, I think they will struggle early on in the season. South Carolina has them week 2 and I would not be shocked to see the Dawgs fall. I think you may see a UGA team that rests on their laurels to a certain degree. I think South Carolina wins the east. Their offense has the potential to be really good this season, and Muschamp on defense is usally very good. It will be interesting to see. I am really rooting against Georgia. I am so tired of all their loudmouth fans.

Who do y'all see winning the East?

Ga. Too much talent. The rest of the east is weak. If not them, UF, or UT

One of two things will happen:

-- a -- UGa will win the East going away. Not even close, a lock by the end of October. Or...
-- b -- It will be anybody's game between UGa, Florida, and USCe. Down to the final two weeks.

What I would like it to be: Tennessee, of course. But if not us, Vandy or Kentucky. Just to stick a fork in UGa and Florida's eyes, while flipping the bird at USCe. :)

Vandy! Although that could be a sign of Armageddon.

Georgia is ripe to lay an egg. They still have the most talent, especially with that loaded 18 class. But they may pull a Georgia this season (or do you call it a Donnan, Richt?).
They lost a ton of starters, especially on defense and at RB. Early games will decide if they choke out.

Second most likely is SCAR due to favorable conference schedule. I still think we go into Columbia and pull the upset.

After that 3-6 is wide open.

Derek Mason's seat gets hotter as he regains his rightful place in the SEC East cellar.

VN Store

Back