Who does everyone see winning the East?

I said on here last week that the week 2 game should be a tight one. I think UGA is better, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see South Carolina win. That place will be hoppin.

Gotta give it to the USCe fans, they've always shown up. WB has given UGA trouble in the past, so I also wouldn't be surprised to see USCe win. UGA will definitely be favored, but that is one of the games that worries me most. Early season on the road with a young defense doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Gotta give it to the USCe fans, they've always shown up. WB has given UGA trouble in the past, so I also wouldn't be surprised to see USCe win. UGA will definitely be favored, but that is one of the games that worries me most. Early season on the road with a young defense doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

To me, that’s y’alls biggest chance at slipping up this season. Auburn in Athens, you guys should be fine.

To me, that’s y’alls biggest chance at slipping up this season. Auburn in Athens, you guys should be fine.

Georgia fans might want to keep an eye out for LSU in Baton Rouge too. LSU is 57-7 at home if it's a night game, which it may be if LSU has a strong first half of the season. That place can get crazy. Anything can happen.

They only scored 13 against South Carolina last year. They ran up the score against some teams at the end of last season who had either quit or just weren't any good to begin with (we were both). They showed their true colors against Texas in the bowl game.

...and I just can't bring myself to believe that Derek Dooley will do anything other than screw up that offense. I hope he has play calling duties.

He was a bad HC... but his offense scored a lot of points here, especially when he had a QB. Anyone who says otherwise is giving a revisionist history.

Last edited:
Georgia fans might want to keep an eye out for LSU in Baton Rouge too. LSU is 57-7 at home if it's a night game, which it may be if LSU has a strong first half of the season. That place can get crazy. Anything can happen.

I think 2 of those 7 loses came from UGA. Kirby will have those mangy mutts will be ready, the Mark Richt days of stepping on their D's are over. Wouldn't be shocked to see UGA go undefeated with their schedule.

I am kinda starting to think Mississippi state is going to beat Florida on Sept 29th.

Dan Mullen’s old team is going to beat them down in Starkville. And it’s going to be amazing. They fired Muschamp. He went to South Carolina and beat them. They hire Mullen, his old team beats them.

If it actually happens, That’s going to be amazing.

And as far as UGA is concerned, man, I am REALLY Starting to think the preseason hype and overconfidence is going to smack them in the mouth harder than any SEC could. The level of arrogance coming out of Athens is the highest I have ever witnessed from a cfb team. I can imagine those young players think all they have to do is show up and collect a W at this point. Good luck with that going into Columbia. Scar gives UGA fits in Columbia. Early in the season too...

And as far as UGA is concerned, man, I am REALLY Starting to think the preseason hype and overconfidence is going to smack them in the mouth harder than any SEC could. The level of arrogance coming out of Athens is the highest I have ever witnessed from a cfb team. I can imagine those young players think all they have to do is show up and collect a W at this point. Good luck with that going into Columbia. Scar gives UGA fits in Columbia. Early in the season too...

The young players are thinking about what they need to do on a daily basis to play on Saturdays. Competition to start or get on the two deep is intense at most positions. They aren't thinking about the season.

I'm more worried about Mizzou than South Carolina right now. They have a really good QB, return their entire OL, and have talented receivers. Their defense is their achilles heel, but their offense will likely put up points. Games against teams like that are always dicey. I expect QB play in the SEC to be improved, which likely means closer scores going into the fourth quarter. The teams with quality depth will likely prevail.

Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida, Mizzou, Kentucky, Vanderbilt...book it!

Tennessee back in the Citrus bowl against Michigan after a spectacular 2018 season.

UGA beats Bama in the SEC without Pruitt. UGA national champs. We win SEC East in 2020. National Champs in 2021.

I would go higher with Missouri because of the offense and Lock returning, but then they hired Dooley as OC

On SEC channel they said Lock was seriously thinking going Pro but he was impressed after talking with Dooley and his 5 years in Pro ball with Dallas. Believe it or not.

On SEC channel they said Lock was seriously thinking going Pro but he was impressed after talking with Dooley and his 5 years in Pro ball with Dallas. Believe it or not.

everyone was impressed when Dooley talked.

he's a lawyer.

That’s a good point, never an easy out in Baton Rouge. If they win those 2 road games it’s probably a safe bet they win the East. Although, I’d like to think we’re going give them a big time fight after that ass kicking last season. Florida won’t backdown either. UGA has a big time target on their back that they are going to have adapt to. They will get everyone’s best game from now on.

Reactions: 1 person

Missouri wont be any better than 5-7 and i think they go 2-6 in the SEC. Lock will wind up in the NFL in 2019 because he will put up great stats on a bad team.

He made that comment in an interview with Finebaum. My first thought when he said it was, "Shottenheimer". His NFL experience didn't work out too well for UGA's offense. Can't install plays in college like you do in the NFL. Too many time constraints in college football.

there's a lot here i agree with.

i think the eye test is going to be important for TN this year.

you will be able to tell, even in a loss, whether or not this team is "better"....physically, mentally, schematically....etc....

go to a bowl, avoid getting embarrassed and show a path to recruits that we're really not that far off. do that, and this year is basically successful.

Tennessee is a strange case this year.

We have a ton of talented veterans. That have lost some games, but still have a good amount of experience.

We have a few bright spots on both sides of the ball.

Chandler
Callaway
Bituli
Warrior can play for any team in College football.
And we have all 4 with some other talented guys....

I think this is a 9 win team with the bowl game included

We have a ton of talented veterans. That have lost some games, but still have a good amount of experience.

Chandler
Callaway
Bituli

It'll be a fun year if Tennessee goes 8-4:thumbsup:

Chandler
Callaway
Bituli

i posted someting in the RF on this topic earlier.

i dont' think last year's roster was a 4-8 team. really don't.

it's not like last season didn't have it's fair share of outside influences that helped dictate the final result.

but. it did happen, and as much as last year's result may be an outlier, i think it's fair to say that having an exact opposite result this season, with all the "new" and the many "unknowns" we have going in, the schedule etc.... that it would also be considered an outlie to see us go to the other end of the spectrum at 8-4 or 9-3.

i think you break this season down like this....the first 4 games are extremely important to how the season ends up. there's nothing about anyone picking UF or WVU beating TN that says a single thing about how GOOD either of those teams are, as much as it is just expecting TN to be bad, and we should lose.

so if we're a tad better than we think, those games are probably more winnable than most think. maybe you get out of there 3-1.

the last 4 games are made a lot harder because the 4 we play right before it. but go 3-1 on the last 4 and you get to a bowl.

win any of the games in that middle 4, and i say throw a party.

VN Store

Back