Who does everyone see winning the East?

Mizzou will put up enough points to beat anyone in the east on a good day. They may not have enough to win the east, but they may wreak a little havoc.

They only scored 13 against South Carolina last year. They ran up the score against some teams at the end of last season who had either quit or just weren't any good to begin with (we were both). They showed their true colors against Texas in the bowl game.

...and I just can't bring myself to believe that Derek Dooley will do anything other than screw up that offense. I hope he has play calling duties.

Reactions: 1 person
UGA most likely.
USC and UF close behind.
Mizzou challenging for top 3.
UT, UK, and Vandy fighting to avoid the bottom spot.

I’m just hoping we get a big push in 2019.

UGA and it is most likely not even close. Roster is still loaded despite their losses from last year. UGA still has a proven QB and depth everywhere. Do not really understand the love for SCAR. The VOLS were absolutely horrible last year and still gave the gamecocks a run for their money while UGA made us look like a FCS squad. If we had competent coaching last year we probably win that game at home against SCAR.

Analyst seem to forget scores and game momentums. They only see wins and loses. They automatically call UF a loss for us but they literally beat us on a hail Mary and had the same terrible record.

I think UT beats Vandy and UK and takes one from the USCe, UF, and Mizzou set. As bad as we were last year, we lost a game on a Hail Mary, a dropped pass, and a last second game at UK. With any type of competent coaching (or at least a coach who doesn't line up in the shotgun from the 6 inch line), that's 3-5.

I think UT goes 6-6 and plays Texas (the fake UT) in the Liberty Bowl.

That?s the same scenario I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d see Fields transferring the traditional route before the graduate transfer option. The new rules only affected graduates iirc.

Thanks for the correction. I thought the new rules banned transfer restrictions to all rather than just grad transfers. Makes me feel a little better. Fields transferring then winning at another school would be a very Georgia thing to have happen.

UGA... Domination over SECe (7-1)

Scar... Best team yet for Chump (5-3)

UF... Lucky breaks usually go there way (4-4)

Missouri... Drew Lock will win a few himself (3-5)

Vols... New schemes on offense and defense with no QB (2-6 possibly 3-5 with rapid improvements)

UK... It's Kentucky (2-6)

Vandy... See above (1-7)

UGA... Domination over SECe (7-1)

Scar... Best team yet for Chump (5-3)

UF... Lucky breaks usually go there way (4-4)

Missouri... Drew Lock will win a few himself (3-5)

Vols... New schemes on offense and defense with no QB (2-6 possibly 3-5 with rapid improvements)

UK... It's Kentucky (2-6)

Vandy... See above (1-7)

1. UGa
2. UF
3. Carolina
4. Mizzou
5. UK
6. Vandy
7. UT

I would go higher with Missouri because of the offense and Lock returning, but then they hired Dooley as OC

I'm not big on the "college football coaches make too much money!" argument, but Dooley's $900k salary to be their OC seems absolutely absurd. It's the first time the guy has called plays in his life. He's making more than something like 40 head coaches. Mizzou must have more money floating around in their athletic department than I thought.

Georgia. Easily. But UF will be dominating the East soon.

I don't get the Dan Mullen hype. He is 2-15 against ranked opponents, which is the worst record in AP Poll history. IMO his potential came from people thinking he would have 4* and 5* recruits running his system. So far it looks like he's still recruiting at MSU. I won't take this as far as OD and say Mullen can't beat Pruitt, but I do think Pruitt will be a better HC and last longer. UF is generally pretty good about not settling for mediocrity and won't let Mullen stay if he's not getting results.

Reactions: 2 people
Vols will shock the world. I can understand being negative in season if you see what we've got...and it sucks...but I'm not gonna just assume we're gonna be bad just because we were last year.

1)Georgia 8-4 and 5-3 in the SEC

2)Tennessee 8-4 and 4-4 in the SEC

2)South Carolina 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC

2)Florida 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC

5)Kentucky 6-6 and 3-5 in the SEC

6)Missouri 5-7 and 2-6 in the SEC

7)Vanderbilt 3-9 and 0-8 in the SEC

I don't get the Dan Mullen hype. He is 2-15 against ranked opponents, which is the worst record in AP Poll history. IMO his potential came from people thinking he would have 4* and 5* recruits running his system. So far it looks like he's still recruiting at MSU. I won't take this as far as OD and say Mullen can't beat Pruitt, but I do think Pruitt will be a better HC and last longer. UF is generally pretty good about not settling for mediocrity and won't let Mullen stay if he's not getting results.

It took Dan Mullen 5 years to turn MSU around and Florida wont give him that much time

UGA's talent is still superior and their recruiting has been top notch. They run away with it if they stay relatively healthy.

South Carolina isn't anywhere close to the talent Kirby has put together in Athens. It's laughable to even suggest anything otherwise. The spread today is 14 I think and that's with Vegas knowing "South Carolina plays good at home". By game time the spread will be 17 and the by game's end you will know why. This game won't be close. Mark Richt ain't coaching in Athens, Ga anymore and you can bet Kirby Smart will have his team ready.

South Carolina isn't anywhere close to the talent Kirby has put together in Athens. It's laughable to even suggest anything otherwise. The spread today is 14 I think and that's with Vegas knowing "South Carolina plays good at home". By game time the spread will be 17 and the by game's end you will know why. This game won't be close. Mark Richt ain't coaching in Athens, Ga anymore and you can bet Kirby Smart will have his team ready.

If I can agree without being a homer....but even with that said, Sakaralina will be a test for our defense....our offense I think will be fine...….and we still have to deal with LSU at night AND in Red Stick. Both LSU and the Barn are real question marks as to how they well they will play.

Nobody has any clue how good or bad we'll be. We will find out. Pruitt may be a tremendous coach who elevates us to being the surprise team in the SEC. Or...he may not be that good after all and we stay the same...but the possibility exists that we are really good. We don't know jack about this team. Everything is guessing...or in most cases on this board....assuming the worst.

Reactions: 2 people

Thee only game I put money on last year was the USC UGA game. Since the spread was something outrageous like 21-24 points I took USC and the points. While UGA is better than USCe, they weren't/aren't 3 touchdowns better. If the line is similar this year I'd suggest to take the points again. However, beginning of the season pretty much anything can happen. I try not to bet on my team, UGA. I'd like to think i'm objective most of the time, but it's easy to get caught up in some hype. I remember in 2008 my UT friend saw how good Bama was before I did and took my money after the infamous blackout game.

Nobody has any clue how good or bad we'll be. We will find out. Pruitt may be a tremendous coach who elevates us to being the surprise team in the SEC. Or...he may not be that good after all and we stay the same...but the possibility exists that we are really good. We don't know jack about this team. Everything is guessing...or in most cases on this board....assuming the worst.

This isn't going to be determined during or even at the end of the 2018 season. Pruitt is a first time HC, in the toughest conference in college football, with 6 months on the job, trying to clean up 5 year of Butch Jones' ineptitude. Flipping the script from 4-8 to 8-4 is most likely not going to happen this season.

He's going to make rookie HC mistakes, he's going to have to try to fit players that he didn't recruit into his system even if they wouldn't start for him otherwise. Until he gets his recruits, in his system, and has enough time to coach them into his system, he's not going to produce these miraculous turnaround results that people are throwing out with these 8+ win expectations for this season.

This isn't going to be determined during or even at the end of the 2018 season. Pruitt is a first time HC, in the toughest conference in college football, with 6 months on the job, trying to clean up 5 year of Butch Jones' ineptitude. Flipping the script from 4-8 to 8-4 is most likely not going to happen this season.

He's going to make rookie HC mistakes, he's going to have to try to fit players that he didn't recruit into his system even if they wouldn't start for him otherwise. Until he gets his recruits, in his system, and has enough time to coach them into his system, he's not going to produce these miraculous turnaround results that people are throwing out with these 8+ win expectations for this season.
there's a lot here i agree with.

i think the eye test is going to be important for TN this year.

you will be able to tell, even in a loss, whether or not this team is "better"....physically, mentally, schematically....etc....

go to a bowl, avoid getting embarrassed and show a path to recruits that we're really not that far off. do that, and this year is basically successful.

Thee only game I put money on last year was the USC UGA game. Since the spread was something outrageous like 21-24 points I took USC and the points. While UGA is better than USCe, they weren't/aren't 3 touchdowns better. If the line is similar this year I'd suggest to take the points again. However, beginning of the season pretty much anything can happen. I try not to bet on my team, UGA. I'd like to think i'm objective most of the time, but it's easy to get caught up in some hype. I remember in 2008 my UT friend saw how good Bama was before I did and took my money after the infamous blackout game.

I said on here last week that the week 2 game should be a tight one. I think UGA is better, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see South Carolina win. That place will be hoppin.

VN Store

Back