Where is Alexa headed? [Alexa Middleton leaving team]

I appreciate her effort but she's a turn over machine and was very inconsistent. She was going to ride the bench as a senior. She's doing the right thing. Good luck to her.

With Harris being a 5 and the likelihood of Ododa possibly choosing SC over us Harris will see time backing up KK in 2018, Collins will more than likely back up Green so unless there is a Post that transfers i I don't see the need for her to leave just yet.

MeMe will see time because she plays defense, Dunbar would be the only other person I think that should look else where as she probably wont play next year either

She didn't play this past season either.

Thank you for 3 years of playing Alexa. You are a talented player and will be a solid addition to many programs. Transfers are the name of the game these days and it won't change. I don't think it is good for the game, but it is the new reality.

Reactions: 1 person
We just lost our most experienced point guard and best three-point shooter, and you all seem to think it's a good thing. SMH. And as for turnover-machine, while we have those on the team, none of them are named Alexa, and one of them is the person you're counting on to replace her. And you've really got to be wearing orange-colored glasses if you think a bunch of freshmen are going to upgrade this team right out of the gate.

Reactions: 8 people
We just lost our most experienced point guard and best three-point shooter, and you all seem to think it's a good thing. SMH. And as for turnover-machine, while we have those on the team, none of them are named Alexa, and one of them is the person you're counting on to replace her. And you've really got to be wearing orange-colored glasses if you think a bunch of freshmen are going to upgrade this team right out of the gate.

Thank you FLVF!!!! I agree we are going to miss her... especially aspects of her game.... the cynics will say that with our team makeup this coming year, especially with the recruiting class and Te'a returning, that losing anyone to transfer will be inconsequential.... but i disagree as i think you do also

Thank you, FrozenLVFan for taking the words right out of my mouth. You are 100% correct. these Middleton bashers are freaking crazy.

Reactions: 3 people

Hmm. The person I'm counting on to replace Jordan at point is Te'a to start the year. Then hopefully Evina will be even better. I hope Alexa left because she knew she'd have fewer minutes this year since better players would be available. And, I'd leave too if I thought that. She's probably got one year of her life left to really play ball other than rec leagues. She loves to play. Go somewhere to get 40 minutes per game and be a star. Hope it's wonderful for her. And glad it seems the Lady Vols will have better players to put on the floor.

I think people should give Alexa the benefit of knowing her skill level. These players know who can play and who cannot. Being from Murfreesboro.... how many times has Alexa watched Hayes play at Riverdale? Everyone goes back home and watches their old team and compares that team with with when she played! She surely watched the McDonalds AA game and the Jordan game. She is a smart young lady that obviously wants to play more minutes than she KNEW she would get at UT this year! The young lady knows what she is doing and her choice!!

Thanks Alexa ....you won some games here that we would have lost without you.

For the last time Nared does not need to be at the PF position. That's what killed us last year opposing teams out rebounded us because she's not a physical player in the paint. Jamie is a SF. With her talent she needs to be out on the wings stroking the 3 in slashing to the rim. I guarantee you in the WNBA she will not be a PF. Green and KK at the PF position is what we need something we lost in Graves. Look back at this season and see how we we're outplayed in the paint with Jamie at the PF. Now if we play small ball that's okay.

So are you saying you put her in a rotation at SF with Diamond? Both of them will be on the court at the same time regardless. They will work to get her better at PF if it means the both of them playing. She just needs to get stronger and tougher. She is a tough cookie she just needs help from Mercedes to battle for rebounds.

The Nashville Tennessean news paper:

"Middleton wanted to make it clear that the possibility of reduced playing time did not affect her decision."

"That recruiting class had nothing to do with why I left,". "I feel confident in my abilities. ".

Enough said! ????

The Nashville Tennessean news paper:

"Middleton wanted to make it clear that the possibility of reduced playing time did not affect her decision."

"That recruiting class had nothing to do with why I left,". "I feel confident in my abilities. ".

Enough said! ????

Then why is she leaving? Serious question,not knocking anyone. I really like Lex and hate she is leaving.

Reactions: 2 people

Cooper will be back. I'm not worried

Then why is she leaving? Serious question,not knocking anyone. I really like Lex and hate she is leaving.

Another interesting point. She will finish spring semester at UT. So she can be a graduate transfer ??? Or why transfer during the year??

If she has to sit out a year... that would make her eligible at mid year !!!

Will Holly have a special seat for her towatch the lady vols until she transfers?

You can only take so much playing for Holly....her game and her abilities were underutilized at Tennessee....she was named a mcdonalds AA for a reason...she also won the girls 3 point shooting contest that year...but noooo you'll keep thinking Holly is the best coach and can develop talent....you keep thinking that....like I said Alexa at her new school will be so much better!

I think when these players meet with Holly she is telling them how much playing time they can expect and then they make their own decision whether to stay or go. I don't think Dunbar and Harris can look forward to much playing time next season. If they decide they want to stay then they will at least know what position they are in beginning the season.

Everyone talks about Te'a being the rock on the back line... she didn't exactly send fireworks off with her first year... with shooting percentage.... assist to turnover ratio.... I hope she can be depended on.... Westbrook is a freshman.... and she needs to grow into the college game

I admired Alexa's effort and enthusiasm, and I think she loved being a LV. Tough girl. I'd want to have her beside me if there was trouble. I hope wherever she goes she gets what she wants and needs to continue her life and her plans.

I really think many of you are being questionably confident with the first year students and Te'a. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: 2 people
You can only take so much playing for Holly....her game and her abilities were underutilized at Tennessee....she was named a mcdonalds AA for a reason...she also won the girls 3 point shooting contest that year...but noooo you'll keep thinking Holly is the best coach and can develop talent....you keep thinking that....like I said Alexa at her new school will be so much better!

It looked to me that she was happy playing for Holly, just watch past games and look how they relate. Her physical flaws can not be coached up. Being an elite shooter is on the player, and that was her only chance of being successful at this level. She was given opportunities and we all witnessed it. She seems like a great young lady and represented the team very well. She is just not athletic enough to be good at this level. I think she is skilled enough, but her athletic short-comings always had her rushed, lacking confidence, and at a defensive disadvantage imo.

VN Store

Back