Where is Alexa headed? [Alexa Middleton leaving team]

This really speaks volume to Coopers recovery and growth. She was going to play quite a bit...but maybe she sees the righting on the wall. It is a shame...her own confidence was her biggest weakness. I hope the best for her. Is she a graduate? I would love to see her at Mississippi State replacing the cosches daughter. She is a smart player with a beautiful shot

Holly run people off? Warlick needs to be run off.

Middleton should have been our point guard. She was a better player than Reynolds, who was at best a mediocre point guard and never improved--never really became a difference-maker, as Phil Fulmer liked to say. Middleton, I will add, was also our best three -point shooter. Her three-point shooting percentage was good, borderline very good--and she should have shot more threes. Now the Vols are left with 1 three-point shooter, and that is not at all good because we, as a team, should be taking and making more threes: That is what good teams do these days. It's not 1980 anymore. This, as far as I'm concerned, is just another indictment of Warlick.
Nared...Diamond...Westbrook...Dumbar...equals one?

Alexa is finally free!!!! She will be able to play her game watch and see! Side note I'm surprised Harris and Dunbar have not yet transferred Harris

With Harris being a 5 and the likelihood of Ododa possibly choosing SC over us Harris will see time backing up KK in 2018, Collins will more than likely back up Green so unless there is a Post that transfers i I don't see the need for her to leave just yet.

MeMe will see time because she plays defense, Dunbar would be the only other person I think that should look else where as she probably wont play next year either

With Harris being a 5 and the likelihood of Ododa possibly choosing SC over us Harris will see time backing up KK in 2018, Collins will more than likely back up Green so unless there is a Post that transfers i I don't see the need for her to leave just yet.

MeMe will see time because she plays defense, Dunbar would be the only other person I think that should look else where as she probably wont play next year either

KD I don't think will transfer. She seems to be a LV for life and I can appreciate her for this. Most involved on bench as anyone I have ever seen. Love her passion!! JMHO

Reactions: 2 people
Holly gotta move Kort back to her position. She's been playing in the post out of necessity, but with a full roster should be able to put her back at the 3 to back up Diamond. Or insert her when they go to their big lineup slide Diamond to the 2 Kort in at the 3.

Reactions: 1 person
Holly run people off? Warlick needs to be run off.

Middleton should have been our point guard. She was a better player than Reynolds, who was at best a mediocre point guard and never improved--never really became a difference-maker, as Phil Fulmer liked to say. Middleton, I will add, was also our best three -point shooter. Her three-point shooting percentage was good, borderline very good--and she should have shot more threes. Now the Vols are left with 1 three-point shooter, and that is not at all good because we, as a team, should be taking and making more threes: That is what good teams do these days. It's not 1980 anymore. This, as far as I'm concerned, is just another indictment of Warlick.

Holly is a detriment to the Lady Vols program! I had hoped Nia Moore would of transferred when she had the opportunity. She would had been better off at any other program because Holly did not know how to coach her iin becoming an intrigal part of the LVs.

Here's hoping Kortney and Kamera think it over and jet out too!

Best of luck to Alexa. I'm still a fan of hers and I know she'll have success wherever she goes. Looking forward in watching her play at another school. At least she was smart enough to see the writing on the wall.

Now if only Holly would leave! :eek:k:

I agree KD can finally move back to the perimeter to do what she does best. The only thing is can she be solid on the defense side of the ball. I don't expect her to shut any one down but as you saw this past season with Alexa, teams will expose your weakness. I saw teams repeatedly challenge AM. Hopefully this is our only transfer.

Holly is a detriment to the Lady Vols program! I had hoped Nia Moore would of transferred when she had the opportunity. She would had been better off at any other program because Holly did not know how to coach her iin becoming an intrigal part of the LVs.

Best of luck to Alexa. I'm still a fan of hers and I know she'll have success wherever she goes. Looking forward in watching her play at another school. At least she was smart enough to see the writing on the wall.

YOU PPL ARE SMOKING IF YOU THOUGH MIDDLETON DUNBAR OR MOORE IS BETTER THAN ANY OF THE PLAYERS THAT PLAYS> AGAIN WHAT DID MIDDLETON DO THis year and also dubar had more than enough time to earn minutes this year and she choose not too. You think with the depth issues holly wanted dubar not to be productive,please take your negative to another program

Reactions: 3 people

Why does Holly have anything to do with this? She showed class and respect for Alexa in the press release... See Baylor's press release for Beatrice.

Holly recruited guards who are likely to take quite a bit of court time away from Alexa. She can transfer to school that fits her game better and where she will get more playing time.

Nia Moore was recruited by very few schools out of high school and was likely only going to be a small role player at Illinois before following Law to Tennessee. She had virtually no offensive game and could barely keep up with the physicality of 5'10 and 5'11 posts in high school. She was D1 material only for her height, mobility and ability to block a shot here and there. She was recruited much like Harris was... to provide depth in case of an injury disaster. Thank Holly and the coaching staff for working with her and motivating her to become a good enough player for you forever negative fans to constantly ***** about her lack of playing time.

Reactions: 10 people
YOU PPL ARE SMOKING IF YOU THOUGH MIDDLETON DUNBAR OR MOORE IS BETTER THAN ANY OF THE PLAYERS THAT PLAYS> AGAIN WHAT DID MIDDLETON DO THis year and also dubar had more than enough time to earn minutes this year and she choose not too. You think with the depth issues holly wanted dubar not to be productive,please take your negative to another program

Foremost I'm a fan of Alexa Middleton. I'm saddened that she's leaving but it was the right move for her because CHW....(insert negative thoughts about Holly)

Have a good night.

:moon2:

KD I don't think will transfer. She seems to be a LV for life and I can appreciate her for this. Most involved on bench as anyone I have ever seen. Love her passion!! JMHO

Agreed. I'd be shocked if Dunbar were to transfer. She seems to be loving every second of the ride even if she's on the bench for 90% of it.

Why does Holly have anything to do with this? She showed class and respect for Alexa in the press release... See Baylor's press release for Beatrice.

Holly recruited guards who are likely to take quite a bit of court time away from Alexa. She can transfer to school that fits her game better and where she will get more playing time.

Nia Moore was recruited by very few schools out of high school and was likely only going to be a small role player at Illinois before following Law to Tennessee. She had virtually no offensive game and could barely keep up with the physicality of 5'10 and 5'11 posts in high school. She was D1 material only for her height, mobility and ability to block a shot here and there. She was recruited much like Harris was... to provide depth in case of an injury disaster. Thank Holly and the coaching staff for working with her and motivating her to become a good enough player for you forever negative fans to constantly ***** about her lack of playing time.

Nia was a good basketball player for the Lady Vols and she proved it in 4 straight nonconference games. Unfortunately she had Holly as her coach and that was her downfall thereafter.

:yahoo: for Holly. She has you as her nr. 1 fan!

I don't think this is going to be that big of a factor for next year's team with all of the incoming freshmen and Deshields returning. Depth chart you have:
PG-Cooper/Hayes
SG-Westbrook/Jackson
SF-Deshields/Davis
PF-Nared/Green/Dunbar
C-Russell/KK

Realistically, that rotation should be trimmed to about 8 players, who I predict will be:
Guards: Cooper/Hayes/Westbrook
Forwards: Deshields/Nared/Davis

Athletically, I think Middleton would have a hard time beating out any of the above guards, plus Diamond could see time on the wing too. Wish her all the best.

Will be interesting to see what alexa will contribute at her next school...btw, can next season get here already..has to be one of the most anticipated seasons in recent lady vol history

I don't think this is going to be that big of a factor for next year's team with all of the incoming freshmen and Deshields returning. Depth chart you have:
PG-Cooper/Hayes
SG-Westbrook/Jackson
SF-Deshields/Davis
PF-Nared/Green/Dunbar
C-Russell/KK

Realistically, that rotation should be trimmed to about 8 players, who I predict will be:
Guards: Cooper/Hayes/Westbrook
Forwards: Deshields/Nared/Davis

Athletically, I think Middleton would have a hard time beating out any of the above guards, plus Diamond could see time on the wing too. Wish her all the best.
For the last time Nared does not need to be at the PF position. That's what killed us last year opposing teams out rebounded us because she's not a physical player in the paint. Jamie is a SF. With her talent she needs to be out on the wings stroking the 3 in slashing to the rim. I guarantee you in the WNBA she will not be a PF. Green and KK at the PF position is what we need something we lost in Graves. Look back at this season and see how we we're outplayed in the paint with Jamie at the PF. Now if we play small ball that's okay.

Wherever Alexa goes I think she will be great for her new team. See her averaging 20 plus especially at a smaller school.

Where is Alexa headed?

Just a second, I'll check with my sources. "Alexa - Where is Alexa headed?"

No Alexa, I don't want the definition of headed. (Sorry folks, my source failed me.) :D

Last edited:
Wow. I'm surprised. And people thought she would be getting mins over the freshmen.

I think Middleton knew her mins would be greatly minimized with out new class coming in.

Good luck to you Alexa!

Here is the deal, Holly Warlick might bring in the number one recruiting class in the nation (and that is always debatable), but she cannot coach. She is totally unable to get the players on the same page and get the best out of them. She is a horrible coach, and before it is all over, the whole house of cards will come down.

Some people can see this--Alexa. Wait and see.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back