Where is Alexa headed? [Alexa Middleton leaving team]

Wish her the best, but man, beyond designing a good 3-point shooting offense, Fennelly's best record is at being a homophobic bigot. 🤐

No kidding. Bill Fennelly designs his offense around 3-point shooting, and his system will be perfect to capitalize on Alexa's strengths as a player. She will be an immediate impact player for the Cyclones.

The big 12 has an extreme amount of athletic guards and more so skilled than the SEC... I hope she does well and that should be a pretty good fit for Alexa! I hope we get to see her maybe play UT in the tourney when she can play! I would love to see her matched up with Anastasia Hayes!

Reactions: 1 person
Probably because it's unfounded. The accusations against Fennelly was because he promotes the ISU program as a family, and some sensitive souls have deemed that to be homophobic. Seems like a reach to me.

But he did (or the school) had to pay Nikki Moody a 60k discrimination settlement. She wasn't the only player that reported him for discrimination but was the only one tompress forward in filing her complaints. I hope all ends up well with Alexa as she was one of my favorite players. I think having a year to redshirt and learn his system will benefit her greatly !

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-...y-iowa-state-settle-discrimination-suit-60000

Reactions: 2 people
But he did (or the school) had to pay Nikki Moody a 60k discrimination settlement. She wasn't the only player that reported him for discrimination but was the only one tompress forward in filing her complaints. I hope all ends up well with Alexa as she was one of my favorite players. I think having a year to redshirt and learn his system will benefit her greatly !

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-...y-iowa-state-settle-discrimination-suit-60000

At any rate, it has nothing to do with Alexa and shouldn't have even been mentioned in this thread, in my opinion.

Reactions: 4 people
At any rate, it has nothing to do with Alexa and shouldn't have even been mentioned in this thread, in my opinion.

Maybe not but you would have to address the poster that stated about the homophobic slurs and Alexa going there. I was making it clear that it was a racial thing which caused a divided locker room per prior player reports. So if we want to relate this back to Alexa she just left a locker room that was obviously divided so AGAIN I wish her the best and I hope she doesn't have to go thru another situation like she did with the locker room being divided at TN 😀

I don't remember the outcome of the trial, but Fennelly was dropped from the lawsuit as a defendant.

Reactions: 3 people
Smart decision by Middleton!!! ISU's offense will allow her open 3-point looks and openings to drive.

I always thought ISU ran a system that Russell would shine in...

Smart decision by Middleton!!! ISU's offense will allow her open 3-point looks and openings to drive.

I always thought ISU ran a system that Russell would shine in...

Agreed because she can actually hit an10-12 footed with consistency and would have room in the post to go to work. If they play a lot of 4 out and one in we may see an actual double -double average.

Agreed because she can actually hit an10-12 footed with consistency and would have room in the post to go to work. If they play a lot of 4 out and one in we may see an actual double -double average.

UT should have that option this season during spurts if we play Russell with Davis, Nared, Westbrook and Dunbar.

Maybe not but you would have to address the poster that stated about the homophobic slurs and Alexa going there. I was making it clear that it was a racial thing which caused a divided locker room per prior player reports. So if we want to relate this back to Alexa she just left a locker room that was obviously divided so AGAIN I wish her the best and I hope she doesn't have to go thru another situation like she did with the locker room being divided at TN 😀

Should have said I was directing it at the person who mentioned it originally.

Not a problem😀 I was honestly coming from the point I want her to do well and she doesn't need another divided locker room.

I gotcha... I should have clarified - my bad! I'm with you... does not need another divided locker room. Hopefully it won't be and we'll see her thrive. 😊

I gotcha... I should have clarified - my bad! I'm with you... does not need another divided locker room. Hopefully it won't be and we'll see her thrive. 😊

I should have been more clear that I stated it out of concern for Alexa as well. I only have a negative perception of the ISU program (Fennelly has also been accused of using homophobic slurs in his recruiting tactics -- a sensitive spot since these were known to be used against UT in the past, if not directly by Fennelly himself) so I just hope for the best for AM in whatever environment she finds there.

I should have been more clear that I stated it out of concern for Alexa as well. I only have a negative perception of the ISU program (Fennelly has also been accused of using homophobic slurs in his recruiting tactics -- a sensitive spot since these were known to be used against UT in the past, if not directly by Fennelly himself) so I just hope for the best for AM in whatever environment she finds there.

I see... well thanks for clarifying. I sure do hope it proves to be a good choice for her. She certainly deserves the best. I think it's cool so many LV fans are wishing her well... 😊

Some how I have this thread turned on to give me a notification every time someone posts in it. I have no idea how it got turned on. I can go into my settings and see where it is marked "notify" but can not get it turned off. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Some how I have this thread turned on to give me a notification every time someone posts in it. I have no idea how it got turned on. I can go into my settings and see where it is marked "notify" but can not get it turned off. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

No but I think this is a great opportunity for everyone to comment a lot of off-topic comments to blow up your phone with notifications. Lol!

So "thug" is now considered a "homophobic slur?" :question:

VN Store

Back