Where do we have to improve?

Everywhere on defense, and OL. Bad thing is we’re thin on the DL, and extremely inexperienced in the secondary.

I thought we looked slow in all aspects of the game. We were chasing way too much in this game. Also, concerned about toughness. We were not playing a SEC team today and I thought we were very soft.
I agree with the CHASING part and the TOUGHNESS part...I was disappointed the corners could not find the ball...but if they really do have the talent then they will improve...no way this team regresses as in the past...not way

Where were we badly coached today?
1. The O line was not ready for prime time.
2. Took too long to change the offense calls after their NT kept hashing through our Oline.
3. Need more stunts or crossover to make up for our Dline lack of push.
4. Blocking, blocking, blocking.

I'm not aware of any in game errors though.

Reactions: awaitingawin
I thought Helton found a groove after awhile...Jordan did very well...looks like Banks will definitely play more....but I dont think there was 1 downfield throw...
Bob on the Vol Network said Tennessee didn't have any burners at WR. Coach Pruitt and Staff will have to work on that with recruiting.

1. The O line was not ready for prime time.
2. Took too long to change the offense calls after their NT kept hashing through our Oline.
3. Need more stunts or crossover to make up for our Dline lack of push.
4. Blocking, blocking, blocking.

I'm not aware of any in game errors though.
I was talking about in game. I didn’t see anything I thought was terrible today. I wish we would’ve taken more shots downfield tho

I was talking about in game. I didn’t see anything I thought was terrible today. I wish we would’ve taken more shots downfield tho
I think JG is a huge positive. He looked legit out there. Even with a porous O line. Hope we can build around him.

Reactions: Vol Main
I thought that JG threw the ball better today then he did at any point of last season, and it seemed like Helton was timid in just letting him throw it. The O-line is a major issue as well as the D-line. With the secondary being so young it is imperative that pressure is put on the QB, if that doesn't improve than it will be a long season. Also I saw many plays where one of our guys hit the ball carrier and it seemed like the rest of the guys on D just stopped and assumed that he was going to bring him down, not enough gang tackling and it led to yards after contact that they wouldn't of got if there was more gang tackling by this defense. Overall there are a lot of issues that needs to be fixed, however I am hopeful that this staff can make improvements, they have 2 weeks against opponents that shouldn't create a threat to prepare for the heart of the season.

The Oline played terribly in the first quarter, but we're much better the rest of the game. The Dline played well the first quarter or so, but failed to get much pressure after that.

The secondary is young and inexperienced right now, so their will be a lot of growing pains. RB is loaded I think, WR is also pretty stacked, I think Guarantano will be pretty good this year once the OL gains more consistency. LB didn't have a huge impact today, but they weren't bad either. We will need them to be difference makers.

At the end of the day, we were playing a veteran team with a veteran coach, QB, receivers, etc. and it showed. They knew our weaknesses and figured out how to exploit them. This will be the best offense we play all year including Alabama, so hopefully we can learn from this game.

Put every aspect of the game on a board, set aside the dart and unload with a scatter-gun. That is where we need to improve.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
For me our D line has to get a lot better. Little QB pressure and when we got some we couldn't get a sack. Anytime WV ran the ball they got at least 4 yards. A lot of the guys on our D line are juniors or seniors, so it's time for them to play well or get out of the way so we can develop the younger guys.

I know our secondary didn't play well, but a lot of those guys are Freshman so I was expecting to take some lumps. We need Warrior to be a leader back there. I'd like to see either Jackson or Shamburger play more too at the other Safety spot.

What is your take?
DB’s are bad

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
For me our D line has to get a lot better. Little QB pressure and when we got some we couldn't get a sack. Anytime WV ran the ball they got at least 4 yards. A lot of the guys on our D line are juniors or seniors, so it's time for them to play well or get out of the way so we can develop the younger guys.

I know our secondary didn't play well, but a lot of those guys are Freshman so I was expecting to take some lumps. We need Warrior to be a leader back there. I'd like to see either Jackson or Shamburger play more too at the other Safety spot.

What is your take?
We have to improve everywhere on defense and OL on offense. The skill positions on offense are pretty decent. Special teams were OK today also.

VN Store

Back