Where do we have to improve?

JazzMaster001

For me our D line has to get a lot better. Little QB pressure and when we got some we couldn't get a sack. Anytime WV ran the ball they got at least 4 yards. A lot of the guys on our D line are juniors or seniors, so it's time for them to play well or get out of the way so we can develop the younger guys.

I know our secondary didn't play well, but a lot of those guys are Freshman so I was expecting to take some lumps. We need Warrior to be a leader back there. I'd like to see either Jackson or Shamburger play more too at the other Safety spot.

What is your take?

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
1Secondary
2line of scrimmage
3 offensive play calling (don’t play safe all the damn time)

Reactions: KingGenius
For me our D line has to get a lot better. Little QB pressure and when we got some we couldn't get a sack. Anytime WV ran the ball they got at least 4 yards. A lot of the guys on our D line are juniors or seniors, so it's time for them to play well or get out of the way so we can develop the younger guys.

I know our secondary didn't play well, but a lot of those guys are Freshman so I was expecting to take some lumps. We need Warrior to be a leader back there. I'd like to see either Jackson or Shamburger play more too at the other Safety spot.

What is your take?
Couldn’t agree more. DL for sure, they’re awful and are nowhere near SEC caliber. Obviously, the OL is likewise.

We’re far below average at the line of scrimmage and that’s why we’re gonna be the worst team in the SEC again and likely 0-8 for a second straight year in conference play. I don’t see an SEC win on the schedule.

Couldn’t agree more. DL for sure, they’re awful and are nowhere near SEC caliber. Obviously, the OL is likewise.

We’re far below average at the line of scrimmage and that’s why we’re gonna be the worst team in the SEC again and likely 0-8 for a second straight year in conference play. I don’t see an SEC win on the schedule.
Tennessee will beat Vanderbilt and if they don't improve it could be the only SEC win of 2018. Vandy will have 2-3 wins this season.

The offensive line, the defensive line, the linebackers, quarterback play, play calling, wide receivers, the defensive backfield, technique, effort, intensity, return game. Kicking looked okay and maybe RB, but WVA is a horrific defensive football team that we just made look a lot better than they will look the rest of the season.

The most alarming thing to me was the missed tackles. There were several times that their RB was pushing a pile of 5 or 6 of our defenders forward. We've got to be able to get guys on the ground. The lack of pressure from our front 7 is another concern.

I think the offense will get better as the season moves on.

What is your take?
Take your pick.... Oline...Dline.... secondary.... lbs.... there's plenty to go around

What is your take?
Break a decade-long impediment and stop being afraid to win! Run with authority when the game is tied, not when you're down 14.

VN Store

Back