What's the latest?

Why in the world would we pay more than market value (even though the 800k that is reported as being offered is around the 2nd highest pay out there)? We are 1 week into the process. Last I looked, the sky wasn't falling, only rain.

They will have a hire by this weekend, probably already have one in place. The media has been reaching for awhile, been said a few times by people who most consider to know something that Dooley has been tight lipped this whole process.

Reactions: 1 person
Why in the world would we pay more than market value (even though the 800k that is reported as being offered is around the 2nd highest pay out there)? We are 1 week into the process. Last I looked, the sky wasn't falling, only rain.

They will have a hire by this weekend, probably already have one in place. The media has been reaching for awhile, been said a few times by people who most consider to know something that Dooley has been tight lipped this whole process.

The way I took the 800k figure was that Hubbs said we were willing to pay that much before any offer was made.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The way I took the 800k figure was that Hubbs said we were willing to pay that much before any offer was made.

LWS or Skeeter said that was offered to one canidate, not sure who. So its been said more than one place.

This has had more twists than a slinky in a tornado.

On the way home I was hearing on local sports talk it was Sunseri as DC and Green was coming in to coach DBs. Now I check in here and it is back to no one knows. I should have went to bed thinking it was done deal. I guess we will know when they want us to know.

This has had more twists than a slinky in a tornado.

On the way home I was hearing on local sports talk it was Sunseri as DC and Green was coming in to coach DBs. Now I check in here and it is back to no one knows. I should have went to bed thinking it was done deal. I guess we will know when they want us to know.

This week I have gone to bed thinking that in the morning Shannon would be announced DC, then when that fell through, Steele the DC, then another night Sal the DC, only to come back to Shannon being the DC. If I wake up to Buddy Green being DC, I will go back to bed hoping it was just a nightmare. :mf_surrender:

Reactions: 3 people
I hope Hart has a true List for HC for next year .

All these D minded coaches with out jobs Zook / Shannon types and we can't land one of them what an F ing joke

Just STEELE and be done with it
Would prefer ZOOK

Last edited:
I hope Hart has a true List for HC for next year .

All these D minded coaches with out jobs Zook / Shannon types and we can't land one of them what an F ing joke

I was pretty excited about the Shannon and Zook rumors. The others may prove to be stellar. One can only hope...and drink heavily (my liver may not last much longer though).

Skeeter said this earlier this morning:

This. I heard this morning we already have a dc hired and will announce later today or tomorrow morning. I sure wouldnt bet money on it tho, these guys are sneaky.

He didn't provide any names or clarify any further. This is before Sal was in town so...

Last edited:
Skeeter said this earlier this morning:

He didn't provide any names or clarify any farther. This is before Sal was in town so...

The likely scenario is that SS agreed to accept the job last night. Come to campus today and finalize things. If all goes smoothly we will hear something first thing in the morning. IMO

The son is the only issue I see changing this from happening and that's a very real possibility.

The likely scenario is that SS agreed to accept the job last night. Come to campus today and finalize things. If all goes smoothly we will hear something first thing in the morning. IMO

The son is the only issue I see changing this from happening and that's a very real possibility.

god let this be true.

All I know is I got one of those new temperpedic mattresses and really don't want to burn it, but looking more and more likely I need to get some lighter fluid and a new mattress...sigh

Sal may also want to tell Saban and the players in person rather than them here it somewhere else...i know....important reaching

I don't think Sunseri will leave Bammer as long as his kids are there. He will get a nice raise thanks to Dooley.

The. Kid. Could. Always. Transfer.

If this doesn't happen, it's because Saban convinced him to stay by telling him what he wanted to hear, and paying him what he desired.

The. Kid. Could. Always. Transfer.

If this doesn't happen, it's because Saban convinced him to stay by telling him what he wanted to hear, and paying him what he desired.

Don't you think the kid is more than likely really happy where he is? He played a hell of a lot as a freshman on an NC title team. It isn't the kids responsibility to change here if time together is an issue, its the Dads to his son.

Don't you think the kid is more than likely really happy where he is? He played a hell of a lot as a freshman on an NC title team. It isn't the kids responsibility to change here if time together is an issue, its the Dads to his son.

I'm just saying. I'm not trying to speculate what Ifs. Just saying if he wanted, he could.

I'm just saying. I'm not trying to speculate what Ifs. Just saying if he wanted, he could.

He could but to say that solves that issue isn't close to be reality. SS has missed more of his kids life than most on here realize and coaching him I am sure in some way is an avenue in catching up. For our sake I hope he is willing to give that up.

VN Store

Back