What's the latest?

Seems like all Saban had to do was tell SS that we all know Smart will be gone in the next year or two and if he stays on staff he will be his replacement. Then you add in his son and a pay raise. From a coaches' view that's enough for SS to stay at Bama IMO. I hope this is not the case! GBO!

Sal is staying at Bama, I have a good friend there who says he turned us down, We are going to be stuck with Green boy Hamilton did a number on Tennessee football. This is not good

We all know you're lying because you have no friends. Now go have another candy bar.

Excellent!!!!!! Buddy Green with the 3-year deal as defensive coordinator! He will be great!!!!!!!!

Break out the gif's!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tennessee: Sources close to the situation have informed me that Navy defensive coordinator Buddy Green has accepted the defensive coordinator position at Tennesee. I am told that Green will receive a 3-year deal.

Coaching Search Ticker | CoachingSearch.com

That's been a decent source in the past... and hiring Green wouldn't surprise me. Like Dooley, he'll have to prove himself on the field before fans embrace him.

GT hired Paul Johnson from Navy as a head coach and he has done well including a bcs bowl. Just because he is from Navy does not mean he will not do a good job.

Reactions: 2 people
CDD wouldn't be interviewing Green today if Sunseri were still interested in the job. I agree that Saban has probably talked him out of moving.

Dooley passed Mitch Browning in the hall in SA. Looks like some big news is on the way.

I hope so...Mitch Browning would be a clear upgrade to HH. I wanted him hired after the OL coach on Kiffin's staff followed him to USC.

Mitch Browning is the real deal.

I don't mind the green hiring, I think he is creative enough to possibly be succesful at UT. I do mind the wilcox and sirmon for buddy green hiring though... Just goes to show you where we are at UT. A part of me wishes we could fire dooley in order to get kirby smart before someone else does next year.

This has had more twists than a slinky in a tornado.

On the way home I was hearing on local sports talk it was Sunseri as DC and Green was coming in to coach DBs. Now I check in here and it is back to no one knows. I should have went to bed thinking it was done deal. I guess we will know when they want us to know.

All of these twists have been created by rumors as there's never been one word of verifiable info released.

Tennessee: Sources close to the situation have informed me that Navy defensive coordinator Buddy Green has accepted the defensive coordinator position at Tennesee. I am told that Green will receive a 3-year deal.

Coaching Search Ticker | CoachingSearch.com

If this is going to be our DC, our program is in much worse shape than i thought. I've been a supporter of DD and our AD but it is becoming much harder to do so with each move they make. I hope DD survives, but if Green is the best they could do for a DC i have a feeling this could be the beginning of the end.

Reactions: 1 person
Although nobody knows anything for certain, it appears CDD and Hart never really wanted Shannon. Steele was likely downgraded after an embarrassing Orange Bowl performance and other conference points allowed games. Sunseri, Greene and Narduzi are the likeliest candidates. Is that a fair assessment from the limited knowledge we actually have?

Although nobody knows anything for certain, it appears CDD and Hart never really wanted Shannon. Steele was likely downgraded after an embarrassing Orange Bowl performance and other conference points allowed games. Sunseri, Greene and Narduzi are the likeliest candidates. Is that a fair assessment from the limited knowledge we actually have?

Seems very accurate. Bennett is the wild card though

It is simple. Hart wants all of Saban's coaches. UT will hire Steele as DC, Sunseri as DC, and Green will coach the secondary along with Joseph. This was the plan all along. They simply threw Shannon's name out there to mess with the Knoxville media. It is all part of the plan. Finally, UT will steal all of Bammers and Clemson's top recruits and will finish with a Top 5 recruiting class and be National Champs next year.

Armond Armstead to Tennessee? Just graduated 'SC and wants to leave the Kiffin. Would not have to sit out a year and would add to our DL ranks.

It is simple. Hart wants all of Saban's coaches. UT will hire Steele as DC, Sunseri as DC, and Green will coach the secondary along with Joseph. This was the plan all along. They simply threw Shannon's name out there to mess with the Knoxville media. It is all part of the plan. Finally, UT will steal all of Bammers and Clemson's top recruits and will finish with a Top 5 recruiting class and be National Champs next year.

Oh good!

Adco-articleInline.jpg

Can someone clue me in on why burning a mattress is so important if we don't get our way. I have been away from the hill for a while but did I miss something? A captain obvious, duh, whatever...just please let me know what in the world it has to do with vol tradition.

Paint the rock, I get. Paint the lions in front of the frat house and throw all the old couches out so daddy can get a tax write off for halloween, I get. Players robbing people for their "all the way roosters" I get (damn those were good!!!! btw) but where does this mattress burning nonsense come from?

Have YOU EVER BURNED ONE? It's just fun as hell

VN Store

Back