What venue or home/home series would you like UT to play?

Who was UT's 1st game against? If they still have a program, it'd be cool to have an "anniversary" game.

Sewanee is now div III...That would be painful to watch.
UT played one game all 1891 season and lost 24-0
1892 UT's 1st win was vs Maryville (Div III)
Next game vs Vandy (play every year)
Sewanee
Sewanee again
Chattanooga Athletic Club for the sake of argument Chattanooga (played last year after a long break)
Vandy again
Wake Forest is the last game of that season and first non Tennessee team for UT ever.

Add Wake Forest to my list

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
UCLA that's a good series always enjoyed playing those guys and good bunch of fans.. Always pull for the Bruins in the PAC..

Here are the ones I really would like to see, so we can even the all-time score against them, heh :)
  • Baylor (we're 0-1 vs them)
  • Dartmouth (also 0-1 ... assuming they still play football?)
  • Kansas State (0-1)
  • Nebraska (0-2, a top priority)
  • Oregon (0-2, also a big priority...but let's wait a few years until we can kick they butt)
  • Pitt (0-2...seems to me this home&home series is already on the long-range calendar...)
  • Penn State (2-3)
  • Purdue (0-1)
  • USC (0-4; and please please please let Lane Kiffin be the quarterbacks coach, or waterboy there when we whup em)
  • VMI (0-1)
  • Oklahoma (we're currently 1-2 vs them...if we beat them this year, drop this from the list, heh)
  • Texas (1-2, a priority)
And amazingly, that's it! Of the 142 teams we've played in our long and illustrious history, we only need to even the odds against 12 (plus another 4 in the SEC--Bama, Florida, Auburn, and Mizzou).

So let's get on this bucket list! Go Vols!
Who is VMI?

For some reason, I've always wanted to see how we'd fare against USC. It'd be huge for us to go out to Los Angeles and whoop up on them. We need to be a bigger presence in Cali once again

Who is VMI?

Virginia Military Institute I believe.

Yep, Checkerboards nailed it.

VMI is so key a part of America's military history that I forget it's not a household name among the population at large.

General George C. Marshall (Army Chief of Staff during WW II, later Secretary of State who came up with the Marshall Plan for Europe's postwar recovery), he's a VMI grad. IIRC, Stonewall Jackson was a professor at VMI before the Civil War kicked off. And to this day, VMI (along with Virginia Tech, Texas A&M, & the Citadel) still has an identity-defining ROTC program commissioning officers into the US military.

Good school, great history. Sadly, also now FCS. But they're close enough, I think we could justify playing them as our FCS opponent of the year, one year. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Michigan, Ohio State, USC

I spend 2 weeks a month in Michigan and I am asked constantly to go to the big house. I would rather watch UT on TV than see another team live. But I would like to go there once.

Would like a Penn State home and home after we have established being a SEC power again and him to come and face Butch and company with a full set of players and no Fooley leading us into battle.

Also USC or Texas

Michigan, Ohio State, USC

I spend 2 weeks a month in Michigan and I am asked constantly to go to the big house. I would rather watch UT on TV than see another team live. But I would like to go there once.

It's pretty overrated honestly. Ohio Stadium, Camp Randall, and Beaver Stadium are all better places to watch a game in the B1G.

Yep, Checkerboards nailed it.

VMI is so key a part of America's military history that I forget it's not a household name among the population at large.

General George C. Marshall (Army Chief of Staff during WW II, later Secretary of State who came up with the Marshall Plan for Europe's postwar recovery), he's a VMI grad. IIRC, Stonewall Jackson was a professor at VMI before the Civil War kicked off. And to this day, VMI (along with Virginia Tech, Texas A&M, & the Citadel) still has an identity-defining ROTC program commissioning officers into the US military.

Good school, great history. Sadly, also now FCS. But they're close enough, I think we could justify playing them as our FCS opponent of the year, one year. :)

NO!!! UTC plays them and they are not that great UTC could name the score on them, it would be pointless to play them all your risking are injuries and a game you cannot evaluate from.

I gotta add Michigan on the home/home list. I have two friends who I would love nothing more than to piss them off by stomping Harbaugh.

Texas
PSU (gotta get Franklin back)
FSU (this would be great recruiting exposure in FL not that CBJ needs any help recruiting)
Norte Dame

Home/home
1. Michigan
2. Baylor
3. Ohio st

I'd like to see a Vols game in MetLife stadium maybe against Penn st or another B10 team.

I was looking forward to tOSU. I have never been to the Horseshoe and wanted to go with the Vols. They have some passionate fans from what I remember in Orlando. I wouldn't mind a permanent home and home with Tiger High.

USF since I am in the Tampa Bay Area, they play their games at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers stadium.

Reactions: 1 person
For the cities and scenery...
Texas
Ariz state
So cal

For football and tradition...
ND
PSU
OSU
UM

I would also add to your first list the Universities of Colorado and Montana. I don't believe, however, that the athletic department would agree to a home-and-away with Montana, due to the enormous loss of revenue with the seating capacity of Montana's stadium.

VN Store

Back