What round will Josh Dobbs get drafted in, if at all?

Doing assignments for which class? And your comparing assignments to an aerospace engineering and biomeducal engineering exams?

Also comparing rugby to football is just as much of a stretch. Tackles with each are compareable but it stops there.

If his workload affected his ability to play, didn't he or his coaches have a responsibility to do something about it?

If his workload affected his ability to play, didn't he or his coaches have a responsibility to do something about it?

If he was majoring in a Bama dummy course? Quick fix. This is real school and legitimate major stuff. :wavey:

Doing assignments for which class? And your comparing assignments to an aerospace engineering and biomeducal engineering exams?

Also comparing rugby to football is just as much of a stretch. Tackles with each are compareable but it stops there.

Rugby is a helluva lot more physical than playing QB. Are you saying the fact he stayed up late is why he couldn't throw a football? He was throwing balls into the ground on 10 yard curl routes. He played bad, there aren't any excuses to be made. If he wasn't mentally prepared he should have used the bye week to do the homework or prepare for USCe

Reactions: 1 person
Uh oh it's about to get real!

Not really. He's absolutely right about Guarantano's talent level. I love Dobbs but Guarantano is more gifted. He's taller, has a stronger arm, and is faster. If he puts it all together his ceiling is higher than Dobbs. In fact, Guarantano's ceiling is higher than any other QB in college football right now.

The only reason I'm not ready to guarantee that he'll be better than Dobbs is because intangibles are huge at the QB position. Dobbs for now has the advantage when it comes to intangibles. Dobbs is durable, insanely competitive, incredibly confident, ridiculously smart, and has a tireless work ethic that drives him to improve. I have no concerns about his ability to succeed in the NFL because I have no concerns about his intangibles and obviously he has all the tools physically.

From the little bit I've seen in interviews from Guarantano he does have similar traits to Dobbs when it comes to confidence and intelligence. We'll have to see if he's as durable, competitive, and has the tireless work ethic to reach his insanely high ceiling. Guarantano based purely on physical tools has the ability to be the GREATEST QB OF ALL-TIME. But then again so did Colin Kaepernick and we all saw how that turned out. Hopefully Guarantano reaches his potential unlike Kaepernick.

It must be such a hassle to log out and then back in with a different username just to respond to yourself.

Don't know the guy. And FYI I'm not the type of have multiple accounts or usernames. I'm me at all times and say what I believe. I don't have time to pretend to be someone else.

Not really. He's absolutely right about Guarantano's talent level. I love Dobbs but Guarantano is more gifted. He's taller, has a stronger arm, and is faster. If he puts it all together his ceiling is higher than Dobbs. In fact, Guarantano's ceiling is higher than any other QB in college football right now.

The only reason I'm not ready to guarantee that he'll be better than Dobbs is because intangibles are huge at the QB position. Dobbs for now has the advantage when it comes to intangibles. Dobbs is durable, insanely competitive, incredibly confident, ridiculously smart, and has a tireless work ethic that drives him to improve. I have no concerns about his ability to succeed in the NFL because I have no concerns about his intangibles and obviously he has all the tools physically.

From the little bit I've seen in interviews from Guarantano he does have similar traits to Dobbs when it comes to confidence and intelligence. We'll have to see if he's as durable, competitive, and has the tireless work ethic to reach his insanely high ceiling. Guarantano based purely on physical tools has the ability to be the GREATEST QB OF ALL-TIME. But then again so did Colin Kaepernick and we all saw how that turned out. Hopefully Guarantano reaches his potential unlike Kaepernick.

Dear Lord help us all during these dark times ahead.

Reactions: 2 people
If that is what he wanted to do (after NFL or if not make NFL) what choice does he have?

I don't think my suggestion came off how I meant it. I'm not saying that Dobbs should not have studied.

I guess I don't understand how he and his coaches wouldn't have been aware that he was worn out. Did the backups get more reps in practice that week? It seems like they should have to both give Dobbs a rest and to make sure they were ready if Dobbs wasn't (and I'd argue that he wasn't).

Write up on gridironnow.com .....

QB Josh Dobbs, Tennessee
The buzz: Dobbs (6-3, 210) was an outstanding college player, with 7,138 passing yards and 2,160 rushing yards. But his skill set raises concerns on multiple levels. His delivery and accuracy need work, as does his decision-making in the pocket. Dobbs threw 29 career interceptions. His mobility will entice some teams, but he also has a slight frame, which will raise his injury risk. Dobbs needs to focus on his delivery from the pocket this week. Teams know he can run, and Dobbs has to start convincing teams he can win from the pocket in the NFL. He enters the week as a late-round prospect.

Reactions: 1 person

Could not agree more these are exciting times if Butch makes the proper call in handing the offense to JG. After film study of JG, I cannot believe a high school kid had arm strength like that.

Could not agree more these are exciting times if Butch makes the proper call in handing the offense to JG. After film study of JG, I cannot believe a high school kid had arm strength like that.

I would let him beat out Dormady before I anointed him. Just saying...

Rugby is a helluva lot more physical than playing QB. Are you saying the fact he stayed up late is why he couldn't throw a football? He was throwing balls into the ground on 10 yard curl routes. He played bad, there aren't any excuses to be made. If he wasn't mentally prepared he should have used the bye week to do the homework or prepare for USCe

The total game doesn't compare. Hundreds of plays needing memorized not just for the QB but also knowing each route of each reciever compared 5o just taking off running in rugby. He didn't play good but being in the library till 2am three times that week didn't help any.

VN Store

Back