What round will Josh Dobbs get drafted in, if at all?

Exams, Finals doesn't really matter when you have and keep a 4.0 in his majors.

I'm sure you aced your Aerospace Engineering degree also, right?

:eek:lol:

Dobbs studying for an exam is not the reason why he couldn't throw a football that night. His major is tough but it's still an excuse. I've had to stay up until 4 AM doing assignments before playing in a rugby tournament that morning at 10. Dobbs had an off game and it wasn't because of school

Reactions: 1 person
The thread title is Dobbs and the NFL. Not Vandy nor SC. You're already off topic. Just adding to "your" off topic discussion.

You're pulling ish out of thin air. I answered a specific poster, not you, and you decided to jump in and go completely off topic.

Dobbs staying up late and studying before the SCar game had nothing to with the offense not being able to score in the second half of the Vandy game a month later.

Last edited:
I think people are underestimating his athleticism. Dobbs is pretty close to being a freak athlete for a guy his size. He'll measure 6'3" or 6'4" and around 215 lbs. He'll run in the high 4.4-low 4.5 range. And I'm willing to bet his short shuttle and 3-cone drill will be elite for his size.

People keep assuming he can't play the way he did in college in the NFL. I disagree. I think he'll be very much the same player. He'll be just as dynamic a runner. He'll be just as elusive. He'll make just as many WOW plays. Add to that better player from his o-line and wide receivers and I don't see why he isn't much better in the pass game as well.

I'm telling ya'll people will be surprised at the combine. Then everyone will pretend that they knew all along he would test like a freak athlete.

He's a good player no doubt.

But because of his quirkiness, he will not get drafted.

He's not the type of leader NFL teams want.

He cant make plays on the ground i the NFL on a regular basis. Defenses are too fast and hit too hard.

I disagree. He can still make an impact running the ball in the NFL. It can't be the main feature of your QB. But a scrambling QB with some designed runs can work. Russell Wilson and Cam Newton have made it work for a number of years. Dobbs doesn't have Cam's build but he does have Wilson's elusiveness.

I think he can have seasons in the NFL where he passes for 3,000 yards and runs for 500 yards.

Just look at Russell Wilson's rushing stats: Russell Wilson Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

In his first 5 seasons in the NFL, he's run an average of 97 times for 538 yards per season at 5.6 yards per rush attempt.

Dobbs is as good a runner IMO and he protects himself just as well. I don't see why he can't have the same success.

JD is a better runner that Wilson, but, not in his stratosphere as a passer. During some of your film studies, take a look at how the ball comes out of Wilson's hand v JD. Wilson throws with a compact motion, at a fast rate (not Romo fast, but pretty quick) with great velocity. JD has a loping motion, slow release and average to below average velocity. This does not mean he cannot throw it 70 yds, it means that it takes the ball a while to get there. Think of a 3rd baseman v a right fielder.

Reactions: 1 person
JD is a better runner that Wilson, but, not in his stratosphere as a passer. During some of your film studies, take a look at how the ball comes out of Wilson's hand v JD. Wilson throws with a compact motion, at a fast rate (not Romo fast, but pretty quick) with great velocity. JD has a loping motion, slow release and average to below average velocity. This does not mean he cannot throw it 70 yds, it means that it takes the ball a while to get there. Think of a 3rd baseman v a right fielder.

I was responding to people who said Dobbs won't be able to run in the NFL. I was not comparing Dobbs to Wilson as a passer.

Dobbs studying for an exam is not the reason why he couldn't throw a football that night. His major is tough but it's still an excuse. I've had to stay up until 4 AM doing assignments before playing in a rugby tournament that morning at 10. Dobbs had an off game and it wasn't because of school

Doing assignments for which class? And your comparing assignments to an aerospace engineering and biomeducal engineering exams?

Also comparing rugby to football is just as much of a stretch. Tackles with each are compareable but it stops there.

VN Store

Back