What oil(and filter) do you use?

I have a Dodge 2500 with a Cummins turbo diesel. I run Mobil DelVac (sp?) with a fram filter.

222220%20NEW_Delo%20400%20LE%201540_FE_Jug_1.JPG

FL-1995.jpg

Use Mobil 1 synthetic in my Avalanche and my wife's car. Used to run Castrol Synthetic Edge and man, that stuff seems to never get dark, even after 5000 miles. I use Penzoil in my Wranger TJ. All get Fram tough or Extra guard filters.

What do other filters use?

The Fram end-caps are cardboard. I've yet to see another manufacturer. Mobil, Royal Purple, K&N, Napa, etc all use metal end-caps.

They also use plastic pressure bypass valves where other companies use metal.

index.php

kn_oil_filter_detail.jpg

Last edited:
The Fram end-caps are cardboard. I've yet to see another manufacturer. Mobil, Royal Purple, K&N, Napa, etc all use metal end-caps.

They also use plastic pressure bypass valves where other companies use metal.

index.php

kn_oil_filter_detail.jpg

I've never heard of an oil filter failure. More pleats aren't always better & plastic vs a piece of sheet metal isn't a huge difference. There are other Fram filters with more pleats however. Regardless of build materials or supposed quality differences what does it really matter in something that's gonna be changed every few months as long as it lasts & does what it's suppose to do.

Use Mobil 1 synthetic in my Avalanche and my wife's car. Used to run Castrol Synthetic Edge and man, that stuff seems to never get dark, even after 5000 miles. I use Penzoil in my Wranger TJ. All get Fram tough or Extra guard filters.

I use Castrol Edge in my Ridgeline. I agree, at 5000 miles it looks new. It gets dark around 8000 miles.

I've never heard of an oil filter failure. More pleats aren't always better & plastic vs a piece of sheet metal isn't a huge difference. There are other Fram filters with more pleats however. Regardless of build materials or supposed quality differences what does it really matter in something that's gonna be changed every few months as long as it lasts & does what it's suppose to do.

Whoa! Are you telling me im supposed to change this filter thingy?

Do you throw away real gold after 3k miles? No matter the filter or the oil they get changed & disposed of at the same time.

24k gold filters are where it's at. I wouldn't put anything less in my vehicle

VN Store

Back