What oil(and filter) do you use?

Really not impressed with the bosch. When I replaced it after 5,000, it looked bad. The pleats looked mangled and looked a lot more worn than other filters.

I went with Ford Motorcraft this time. It's as close to oem as I could get on amazon.

What about the T6? Are you liking it?

I have no complaints at all. I just wish they offered 5q jugs instead of the gallon ones they have. But yeah, it seems to consume a bit less oil on the t6 than the Mobil 1.
Open lid
Add 32oz water
Replace lid
Shake well - boom 5 qts & money saved

I'll be using whatever the Toyota dealership puts in for the first 25,000 miles

Nerd, you still use G Oil?

I'm going with Mobil 1 for the Cobra. AmsOil is too expensive to get shipped here in Alaska

Really not impressed with the bosch. When I replaced it after 5,000, it looked bad. The pleats looked mangled and looked a lot more worn than other filters.

I went with Ford Motorcraft this time. It's as close to oem as I could get on amazon.

Hate to hear this. I switched to Bosch from Mobil 1 after seeing a side by side, cut-open comparison between Mobil 1 and Bosch. I've paired it with the Mobil 1 regular synthetic just once so far.

I wish I knew more about cars to try and do it myself. Love reading about all that people do to theirs though.

Could only tell you that Quaker State is in my car. No clue on the filter.

I wish I knew more about cars to try and do it myself. Love reading about all that people do to theirs though.

Could only tell you that Quaker State is in my car. No clue on the filter.

I used to put the cheapest oil you could find at Walmart into my car back when I was younger. If memory serves I'm pretty sure it was Super Tech. :)

I eventually graduated from that to Castrol and then finally Mobil 1. This was back in the day when synthetic was new and you used to hear all kinds of crazy things like, "don't use synthetic if you've been using dino oil". "Synthetic is thinner than dino oil so if you have an older car it'll show more leaks". Lol

Nerd, you still use G Oil?

I'm going with Mobil 1 for the Cobra. AmsOil is too expensive to get shipped here in Alaska

I stopped. It became hard to find. I think my local walmart stopped carrying it. I run Rotella T6 in the Speed 3. I may or may not go to synthetic in the miata.

Found out my oil cap has been missing. Not sure how long. Enough oil was in there so I don't think it was burning anything up.

Found out my oil cap has been missing. Not sure how long. Enough oil was in there so I don't think it was burning anything up.

That's messy!
My cousin had a similar experience. She drove a good 20 miles from having her oil changed to a family retreat. Her car was smoking after she parked it. Popped the hood and they didn't put the oil cap back on so there was oil over everything inside the engine bay.

VN Store

Back