What oil(and filter) do you use?

Yeah, hadn't considered diesels. I don't know what A/F ratio diesels run at, but as long as all the fuel burns, it shouldn't affect fuel economy. So you would probably need to have a filter absolutely caked in dirt to affect anything.

It makes a difference on all vehicles. The more motor you have the bigger gain you see.

My cobra loves all the air it can get. Especially the cold dense air.

We are talking about fuel economy, not power. Makes no difference on gas vehicles.

Yeah, hadn't considered diesels. I don't know what A/F ratio diesels run at, but as long as all the fuel burns, it shouldn't affect fuel economy. So you would probably need to have a filter absolutely caked in dirt to affect anything.

Well you can go to far on diesels where they are getting to much air, making them run hotter. Which affects performance.

It makes a difference on all vehicles. The more motor you have the bigger gain you see.

My cobra loves all the air it can get. Especially the cold dense air.

Nothing better than cold dense air on a Forced Induction motor. Some of these cats running Honda motors or what not wouldn't understand that feeling. Nothing better than blower whine or the sound of a Bypass Valve.

Folks with my car see a gain of 24hp and 25ftlbs with a cold air intake.

Wow. Those are great numbers from cai.

Data says that 15 hp at the crank.

I'm waiting on pulleys, meth,and custom tune to get were I want to be to compete at the track this year

Drag.

Auto cross has never appealed to me.

The speed of drag is appealing to me but auto cross takes a fair amount of skill and that's not me saying drag doesn't take skill.

I have some friends that auto cross and I have mad respect for their car control skills.

Nothing better than cold dense air on a Forced Induction motor. Some of these cats running Honda motors or what not wouldn't understand that feeling. Nothing better than blower whine or the sound of a Bypass Valve.

Exactly. Forced air is a rush like no other.

Hearing the whistle of a turbo or whine of a blower. Either is music to my ears

The speed of drag is appealing to me but auto cross takes a fair amount of skill and that's not me saying drag doesn't take skill.

I have some friends that auto cross and I have mad respect for their car control skills.

Skill is very much needed on both these sports. We have a dirt track here that my buddies race on. Same track they found Mark Martin on.

Love the way a whipple (sp) SC sounds. And really nothing like hearing a BOV between shifts in a turbo.

Whipple is my blower of choice. Kenny Bell also makes a great product.

My buddy is building a 34 ford coupe with a 91mm turbo. Expected to make 1100-1300 horses.

Whipple is my blower of choice. Kenny Bell also makes a great product.

My buddy is building a 34 ford coupe with a 91mm turbo. Expected to make 1100-1300 horses.

Had a guy at the drag strip running a 90mm on a Nova. Sounded like an air plane taking off... was awesome!!

I have heard a few Cobra's like yours with a Kenny Bell that sounded straight nasty... like they were going to eat another car for dinner.

Had a guy at the drag strip running a 90mm on a Nova. Sounded like an air plane taking off... was awesome!!

I have heard a few Cobra's like yours with a Kenny Bell that sounded straight nasty... like they were going to eat another car for dinner.

Lol lol. Yeah they can get real nasty real cheap too. Mine ate 2 Hondas last week. Both were over after I pulled 2nd.

I'm going to have my blower ported. Along with other mods I am shooting for 600 wheel horsepower. Which if driven correctly with drag radials will get me in the 10's.

Just getting to 600hp with a eaton takes some creativity.

I used to AutoX occasionally. I have since gotten bored of it. It's a great way to learn your car, but it is about $40 for about 4 minutes total of seat time. Plus you have to stand around all day in the sun and track marshal.

No thanks.

I used to AutoX occasionally. I have since gotten bored of it. It's a great way to learn your car, but it is about $40 for about 4 minutes total of seat time. Plus you have to stand around all day in the sun and track marshal.

No thanks.

I have only been to one auto cross event and of course all I did was watch. The even I went to there weren't a ton of cars and all three of my friends that were in the event got about 5-6 runs a piece. Is that normal?

VN Store

Back