What is going on with Alabama recruiting?

In that you feel the need to get it off your chest, let me do the same. EVERYONE is the same. You are not dealing with a fan base, or a color, or a team, you are dealing with human nature. From the moment we get smacked on the bottom, there is this strong inclination in each one of us to be selfish, to think more of ourselves than we should.

That alone explains why we do the crazy things we do with our families, friends, workmates, favorite football team, even country. Nothing virtuous about it at all. And frankly, pride, ego, ambition, contentiousness and many more of the same low characteristics that come from selfishness are programmed in every person's DNA since conception.

So you see, giving just partial credit for such qualities to only a few, or a particular fan base, is to miss the common imperfection and thus the real problem completely. Can you dig it?
Nah, every fanbase has their segment...alabamas is just much, much larger than everyone elses

Really i dont like any team that attracts bamdwagon fans, but with the change in culture now its a bit more common. I only go for team in the state of tennessee, and of course the Atlanta Braves. My association with the Marine Corps has made me a Navy sports fan as well. After that i generally hate all teams equally. Then i hate teams like the Warriors and other bandwagon teams.

Then i hate things like ISIS and Hilter, liberal democrats and such.

The somewhere far, far below all those evil crimes against humanity folks...you shall find my deep hatred of Alabama football. I even found myself going for Florida aganist them last year.

Reactions: 1 person
Nah, every fanbase has their segment...alabamas is just much, much larger than everyone elses

Really i dont like any team that attracts bamdwagon fans, but with the change in culture now its a bit more common. I only go for team in the state of tennessee, and of course the Atlanta Braves. My association with the Marine Corps has made me a Navy sports fan as well. After that i generally hate all teams equally. Then i hate teams like the Warriors and other bandwagon teams.

Then i hate things like ISIS and Hilter, liberal democrats and such.

The somewhere far, far below all those evil crimes against humanity folks...you shall find my deep hatred of Alabama football. I even found myself going for Florida aganist them last year.

There you go. You definitely have all your priorities lined up. I'm a firm believer in no wasted effort.

Kids go where they can show out and compete and get drafted. Right now all the draft guys are saying Alabama is done. Basically they peaked out.

didn't read the whole thread, but i'll just say that i think Bama will be fine in recruiting once it's time to put names on paper. it's early.

I hadn't been watching recruiting much yet but after seeing this thread popped over to Rivals and looked at Bama's class. It's certainly true the size is small, only 7 commits so far, but the quality is certainly there. The only player that isn't a 4* is a kicker and he's ranked #2 at that position. In fact the position rankings for those 7 are 2, 3, 6, 15, 16, 18 & 18.

I hadn't been watching recruiting much yet but after seeing this thread popped over to Rivals and looked at Bama's class. It's certainly true the size is small, only 7 commits so far, but the quality is certainly there. The only player that isn't a 4* is a kicker and he's ranked #2 at that position. In fact the position rankings for those 7 are 2, 3, 6, 15, 16, 18 & 18.

Yes they will. And all the posters on here celebrating are doing so way too early. This isn't like spiking the ball on the 1 yard line. It's like spiking the ball on your own 25 yard line. It will be a top 5 class.

Exactly. On the 247 composite, Bama is ranked in the low 40s, but has the #4 average.

Exactly. On the 247 composite, Bama is ranked in the low 40s, but has the #4 average.

Dont keep up with recruiting much, but have read where they are taking a smaller class. Is that legit and the reason the number (at least it seems) is low at the present?

Its obvious the quality is there as it has been.

Dont keep up with recruiting much, but have read where they are taking a smaller class. Is that legit and the reason the number (at least it seems) is low at the present?

Its obvious the quality is there as it has been.

As the #s currently stand, Bama can only take 22. But you can never be confident of that number until after the season.

Kids go where they can show out and compete and get drafted. Right now all the draft guys are saying Alabama is done. Basically they peaked out.

Can you link that info? Or are the voices in your head telling you that?

The voices in his head are saying:

"Why are you typing that?"

"That's stupid. Stop typing."

"Don't hit 'submit.' Read how stupid that it is before you..."

"Oh for God's sake. You hit 'submit.'"

"That's it! You're on your own."

77669_126061_b0o_320_180.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Bama is supposed to be taking a smaller class so they might be trying to be more selective. I think this year ends their reign of #1 classes but they'll be top 3 on NSD

Pruitt is currently installing the new "Sal Sunseri Break & Bust" defense.

Hearing that Saban plans to retire on Jan 1, 2018.

Recruits running away in droves.

This is what my Uncle Loy is saying in Birmingham.

Check my stats.

VN Store

Back