What is going on with Alabama recruiting?

Smh. You believe that media lie?

The SEC has actually never been stronger if you look at the TALENT on the field. 5 of the top 8 teams over the last 4 years in terms of recruiting rank are in the SEC. Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, and Tennessee are all in the top 8 nationally if we are ranking programs based purely on their 4 year recruiting rank.

Alabama has been dominate the last 3 years but things can change very quickly. I think this year the SEC championship game will actually be competitive and Alabama (if they make it there) will have at least one loss.

SEC is weak right now. No team from the East is worth a damn and no West team has a prayer of challenging Bama. When the SEC is strong, there's 2, maybe 3 teams that are double digit win teams and legitimate national title contenders. There's no such thing in the conference right now. It's Bama and everybody else.

Bama was like 70th during the summer of 2010. Wound up #1 when February rolled around.

That won't happen this year unless tOSU suffers a bunch of decommits. But Bama will still wind up Top 5. Maybe even Top 3.

2010 didn't have an early signing period.

Bama was like 70th during the summer of 2010. Wound up #1 when February rolled around.

That won't happen this year unless tOSU suffers a bunch of decommits. But Bama will still wind up Top 5. Maybe even Top 3.

The only thing that might keep them from top 3 is the numbers. If they truly only take 17-18, then it may be harder to get that high. I would've said, there's no way Saban doesn't find a way to get between 23-25 but I'm starting to believe < 20 may in fact happen (Emmons) leaving opens a slot). It boils down to Saban being much more selective this year as a result of the numbers.

Last edited:
The only thing that might keep them from top 3 is the numbers. If they truly only take 17-18, then it may be harder to get that high. I would've said, there's no way Saban doesn't find a way to get between 23-25 but I'm starting to believe < 20 may in fact happen (Edmond leaving opens a slot). It boils down to Saban being much more selective this year as a result of the numbers.

I don't see a situation where Bama takes less than 21 or 22.

SEC is weak right now. No team from the East is worth a damn and no West team has a prayer of challenging Bama. When the SEC is strong, there's 2, maybe 3 teams that are double digit win teams and legitimate national title contenders. There's no such thing in the conference right now. It's Bama and everybody else.

Auburn may have a shot in the West. A long one. But that's it.

I don't post in the recruiting section much but I've got to ask what in the world is going on with Alabama's recruiting right now? I'm not rooting for those SOB's but I'm shocked to see them at this point in the season this far down in the rankings. I hope they stay there but I don't count on it. I just find it super peculiar that with just a few weeks away till kickoff of college football season that they only have six recruits and none of them are five stars. I know you guys keep up with all that crap and can get me up to speed in a hurry.

Saban taking his time. There are plenty of top 300 players with real interest in Bama. They will finish top 5.

Getting wound up over recruiting rankings in July is like making a prediction on who will win the Daytona 500 based on a practice lap.

Reactions: 1 person
Getting wound up over recruiting rankings in July is like making a prediction on who will win the Daytona 500 based on a practice lap.

This is more like September of a normal year given the early signing period.

I'm not sure what the upside is for a highly touted recruit to verbally commit to Alabama this early. A lot of those 5-star guys love the limelight, the interest in where they are going is really high, and they want to make a show on NSD.

VN Store

Back