What if we start out 2-5

There want be much wiggle room getting this going. Fulmer stuck his neck out.
4-3 after oct 20th would be on target for new coach.

Very plausible we start we out 2-5 after the Bama game next year. If we are struggling on offense in particular who all is going to be clamoring for Mike Leach and blaming Fulmer for being to prideful to hire him?

If we start 2-5, a vocal minority of fans will start the process of pushing Pruitt out.

I'm as vocal an advocate as anybody that Mike Leach should have been Fulmer's hire (check my stats, haha), but I will be giving Pruitt a solid 4-5 years to show *progress* in rebuilding UT. We need this hire to work.

I'm sure some will have Pruitt on the short leash, but I believe most will give him a fair chance.

Reactions: 3 people
I don’t worry about “what if” before the season starts. If we start out 7-0, fantastic, if we start out 2-5 then I’m still good considering what we just witnessed this past year. With that said, I believe Pruitt gets this thing turned around rather quickly.

Only the idiots will riot...

After the last couple of years of Botchy Ball, the program isn't sitting too pretty right now... I believe if we give CJP time to build things the right way, we'll be in good shape to compete for the East as early as 2019... just looking at the potential gains from JuCo going into 2018, we may do better than most expect... I'll be patient for now... unless they line up in the shotgun at the 1 foot line...

I had to check the dates on the posts in this thread. Too many sound exactly like the coach worship posts when Dooley and Butch were hired.

Witch Doctor say then our fans will start hearing Gruden talking in their heads again. "He wants to come here and coach!! Some guys on an internet board agrees so it must be true and the more we say it makes it even more true!!!"

BNL

Just not true. There will always be some complaining about something but nobody expects us to be competing for the East next season. But we aren't near as far away as some claim. We just need the players to get coached up and keep adding pieces to what we already have. JP looking at transfers and numerous JUCO guys is a great idea. It adds depth if nothing else and lessens the amount of true freshman we would have to rely on instead of bringing them along at their pace. Hopefully he can land a few transfer and JUCO Olineman, atleast 1 or 2 DB's, atleast 1 TE and a browser at RB. Sucks we have to go after more JUCO's than normal but that's the position Butch left us in.

This isn't the same job CBJ had with nearly no talent on the roster. We have solid players but they need to be coached up and put in a scheme that plays to their strengths. We will likely still have a thin OL which will make the running game tough but if we play even average defense and get the offense out of the cellar we should be much improved against the teams we "should" beat.

This.
Six wins and a bowl game next season would be a minor miracle.

That is a real loser mentality. We will be better next year. Our qb that looked better and better as the season went along won't be a freshman. All our other most important players are back. With good coaching we could have won 7 last year. 6 wins should be the floor. I wouldn't be surprised at anything from 6-6 to 9-3.

If Pruitt is a good coach, he finds a way to win WVU, UF, and SC. And least two of those three. He gets a pass on UGA, Auburn, and Bana.

That is a real loser mentality. We will be better next year. Our qb that looked better and better as the season went along won't be a freshman. All our other most important players are back. With good coaching we could have won 7 last year. 6 wins should be the floor. I wouldn't be surprised at anything from 6-6 to 9-3.

Our team is poorly coached. Thats almost as bad or worse than not having any talent. Its possible that CJP can turn things around in year 1 but I dnt expect it.

Also, how can you have anything but a losing mentality when it comes to UT football? What did we show last year that instills a winning attitude? I sure didnt see anything. Suffering under Dooley and Butch has done a number on many of us.

Can someone explain why everyone says West Virginia is a loss? I know we stunk it up this year but I think that game should be W. Yes they are in the Cotton Bowl. Here are their wins East Carolina (3-9) Delaware ST (1-11) Kansas (1-11) Texas Tech (6-6) Baylor (1-11) Iowa St (7-5) Kansas State (7-5). That's 26-58 I believe we would have made a good bowl with that sch.

Don't make the mistake of expecting us to lose. 4-8 was a fluke and/or an outlier NOT the new norm we should expect.

Reactions: 1 person
Witch Doctor say then our fans will start hearing Gruden talking in their heads again. "He wants to come here and coach!! Some guys on an internet board agrees so it must be true and the more we say it makes it even more true!!!"

BNL

Lol I enjoy. Witch Doctor say ........:salute:

Our team is poorly coached. Thats almost as bad or worse than not having any talent. Its possible that CJP can turn things around in year 1 but I dnt expect it.

Also, how can you have anything but a losing mentality when it comes to UT football? What did we show last year that instills a winning attitude? I sure didnt see anything. Suffering under Dooley and Butch has done a number on many of us.

Because we are UT. We should never expect to be that bad. Even if we went 0-12 the yeaqr before.

We have plenty of talent. Like you said we were poorly coached. I think that we will be coached so much better that guys will start to live up to their rankings. I also think we are going to get some jucos to strengthen our team. 6 should be the minimum.

VN Store

Back