What if we start out 2-5

Why should we beat WVU?
We shouldn't and we won't. Their offense will be one of the best in the country again. WR Sills had 19 TD catches/1000 yrds and WR Jennings had almost 100 catches for over a 1000. They also have WR Simmons who transferred in from Alabama who's going to be a star there and WR Sims who had 600 yds rec, more than 200 more than any WR we have. LOL Not gonna be pretty if we can't establish any ground game to slow them down.

It’s not a dice roll. You don’t just randomly get 2 wins or 10 wins they aren’t the same probability. Low talent level, new coaches, new scheme, etc all point to a poor season especially when your rivals are in better shape all around.

We’re fighting just to be 3rd or 4th in the East for the foreseeable future.

It’s not a dice roll. You don’t just randomly get 2 wins or 10 wins they aren’t the same probability. Low talent level, new coaches, new scheme, etc all point to a poor season especially when your rivals are in better shape all around.

Sure bub :eek:lol:

Then the likelihood of us finishing 3-9 increases.

Pruitt seems like a solid upstart HC. I’m rooting for him because I like his personality. But to be completely honest I think Leach is more proven. Here’s hoping he does things the right way and bring us multiple national championships.

Leach would never be able to recruit here the way he would need to be successful. Both of his HC jobs have been at low stress schools and doesn't have to recruit top 10 classes every year. I really think there's a reason he's never gotten a more elite type job. He was going to bring Hal Mumme as his OC( who is at Jackson St as their OC) , who hasn't had a job at a power 5 school since UK in 2000. It would not have ended well if I had to guess.

I think we have talent, Not Ala or GA talent but enough to easily win 6 and possibly 8 with some break's. As an overall recruiting average the last 5 yrs the only teams on our Schedule with higher rated classes in that period is Ala, Ga and Auburn. Only Ga is ahead of us in the East. We had the worst coaching staff in the SEC as a whole or at the very best the top 2 worst overall staffs. Comparing the résumés of our current Coach's to that of Butch's last year and it's not even close. It's painfully obvious why our players weren't developing like they should have.40+% of our roster and soon to be roster were 4* or 5* on atleast one of the services. I really believe it was horrible coaching, player development, being soft and looking clueless in games. Way much more than looking like they had any clue on what they we're supposed to do every play. But we really won't know for sure until we start playing games. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic but I don't think we are near as bad as some think.

I think we have talent, Not Ala or GA talent but enough to easily win 6 and possibly 8 with some break's. As an overall recruiting average the last 5 yrs the only teams on our Schedule with higher rated classes in that period is Ala, Ga and Auburn. Only Ga is ahead of us in the East. We had the worst coaching staff in the SEC as a whole or at the very best the top 2 worst overall staffs. Comparing the résumés of our current Coach's to that of Butch's last year and it's not even close. It's painfully obvious why our players weren't developing like they should have.40+% of our roster and soon to be roster were 4* or 5* on atleast one of the services. I really believe it was horrible coaching, player development, being soft and looking clueless in games. Way much more than looking like they had any clue on what they we're supposed to do every play. But we really won't know for sure until we start playing games. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic but I don't think we are near as bad as some think.

It all about depth.....still.

Our starting 22 will have stars next to their names and will have gotten quality reps to develop. It's the backups that will make or break this team. I'm encouraged to hear CJP's strategy of cross training in position group so that the next man up will be the most talented and not just the backup for a certain position.

I expect CJP&S to figure out way to prepare out guys for the grind of the season and get more starts and game reps from our 1's. The quality depth we desire will take 2 more classes.

I don't expect CJP&S to have such conservative game plans.

Reactions: 1 person

Our starting 22 will have stars next to their names and will have gotten quality reps to develop. It's the backups that will make or break this team. I'm encouraged to hear CJP's strategy of cross training in position group so that the next man up will be the most talented and not just the backup for a certain position.

I expect CJP&S to figure out way to prepare out guys for the grind of the season and get more starts and game reps from our 1's. The quality depth we desire will take 2 more classes.

i think it's a forgone conclusion that one thing we'll see more of than we did with the last staff is rotating players. i think you'll see guys in and out more often.

that will help limit reps and opportunities for injury while also helping to develop other guys that are lower on the depth chart.

Saban and Smart both have done this very well in the past. and i have to think Pruitt will follow suit......

Agree with everything you said. Depth will definitely be a concern, especially if there's numerous injuries.

We definitely aren't built from a depth standpoint to have games consistently get decided late in the 4th or OT. We had what 5 games last year decided by the last play or two? Ga Tech, Fla, SCe, UK and Even UMass.

Interesting subjective take...then again it is April.

I don't think it's a big secret or it puts me in the minority saying that.Its not like I'm saying that about Ala, GA, Aub or even SCe.Anyone who watched TN and Fla play last year could see how equally bad both were. Fla was just as bad as we were. Fla just benefited from having Butch Jones calling the shots on the other sideline. They have just as many question marks as we do, especially at QB. Just like the Vols, they are in a coaching change with all new schemes and starting from scratch. I give us the advantage because it's in Neyland. If it was at the Swamp, I'd give Fla the advantage.

What’s with the power T and the number 19 right next to it in the twitter promo posted today? Siap I’m out of the football loop st the moment

VN Store

Back