What if we start out 2-5

I think 3-4 is where we will be. I bet we beat them Gators in Knoxville and CJP gets his signature win in year 1 unlike that bag of ham Butch Jones.

Reactions: 1 person
Just be competitive and dont false start on the damn 1 yard line and I will be fine.
Would like to see a good run defense but even I know that takes time to build

Fans are all in and rosey right now saying he will need time. As soon as he has a winning record, he better be competing for the EAST the next year. No patience allowed.

Fans are all in and rosey right now saying he will need time. As soon as he has a winning record, he better be competing for the EAST the next year. No patience allowed.

Honestly I think great coaches don't need that much time. People have been swindled by that snake Butch Jones telling everyone it takes years to rebuild.

Year 1 will be a bloodbath but after that you can get 5 or 6 win improvement if you know what you are doing. Coaches do it all the time.

Very plausible we start we out 2-5 after the Bama game next year. If we are struggling on offense in particular who all is going to be clamoring for Mike Leach and blaming Fulmer for being to prideful to hire him?

Of course not. Any realistic fan knows he aren't at a championship caliber yet. Although I highly doubt we start 2-5. There's a reason Leach has never gotten a big time job, especially in the SEC. He can't out scheme many SEC or the better Defense's in the country. And highly doubt he would ever be able to recruit well enough here to win anymore than Butch did. He's better fitted for Wash St and Texas Tech. Just back at Saban's first year at Ala. That team was a trainwreck and it took him a season to change the culture there. It's not an overnight fix.

Schedule definitely harder early next year so 2-5 can certainly happen. I will disappointed however if we aren't 6-6 or better when the season is over.

I think one of the QB's (don't know which one) will thrive with a new coaching staff. It will still be a spread option but more freedom for the QB. Also think play calling will be far superior. Hopefully, the OL will also be much, much better.

What if we start out 7-0?

See what I did there? We don't have the answer for either question, but mine is way better. Why fret over something like that?

Don’t recognize this Wylo. :)

Hell I don't care. I will just wait for all these people in love with Fulmer to turn on him and want to burn him at the stake. And I will break out the bratwurst and marshmallows.

Screw this slow start crap. They come out playing like lost dogs scared of their own shadow, and nothing has been fixed. Look at the guys we got. We are still better than 2-5.

Lord the Leach love on here is perplexing and ridiculous. IMO, we shouldn't expect mire than 5-6 wins next year. Anything over that is excellent.

I mean just look at how many JUCO players Pruitt is going after. That shoukd tell you a lit about this team. We are far from a good team. Its entirely possible we go winless in the SEC again in 2018. If so, would I be calling for Fulmers head? No. Would I be clamoring for Leach? Hell no. Vol fans may not want to hear itor believe it but this is going to take time.

Reactions: 2 people
Very plausible we start we out 2-5 after the Bama game next year. If we are struggling on offense in particular who all is going to be clamoring for Mike Leach and blaming Fulmer for being to prideful to hire him?

Our fans will give him time. We gave Dooley and butch time. Dunno why people think our fans impatient. Butch got 4 years and he got worse in year 4.

What if we start 5-2 then will you apologize and get back on board or start another ignorant thread claiming you told us so?

Now GTFO!

:thud:

If we start 2-5, then we start 2-5.

Wayyyyy to early for fans to get their panties in a wad.

6-6 next year would be huge.
4-8 very possible.

CJP needs time, as in 3 years minimum. Deal with it.

VN Store

Back