What if we are better?

Not really. You hate CBJ.

No. I really don't. But just judging from your comprehension and reasoning ability generally... I can see why you would say so.

Was it you are someone else who accused me of acting as if I have "clairvoyance"? I can say without doubt that you have no idea what you are talking about.... but by all means continue with your delusions.

But IF you were right and IF I truly hated Jones... it still wouldn't matter if he wins. Just because you have some emotional attachment to the guy doesn't mean that everyone else's opinions are based on hatred or hero worship.

FTR, the only UT coach I can remember really "hating" was Kiffin and yes before he left. I just didn't like the guy's smug disrespect for UT and his attempts to turn UT into the UT Trojans.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Last year's roster was full of his players. How does that roster or the one this fall prove that he knows how to build a "winning" roster?

And most of the key players got hurt or quit. As has been stated in nearly every thread of this type, being down to 3rd or less position players makes a big difference.

And most of the key players got hurt or quit. As has been stated in nearly every thread of this type, being down to 3rd or less position players makes a big difference.

And... injuries are in large part a product of decisions made within the program from S&C to player rotation to tackling and blocking techniques.

Not ALL injuries are preventable. You can't account for what the other team does. But many are... especially those that are a product of S&C or fatigue.

We'll get our chance.

I like the way things are going so far.

120 talked about seeing how great they could be, 121 will get their chance to be great.

I'm looking foward to a wonderful year.

Go Vols!

If Tuttle and Kirkland are healthy, the defense will be much better.

Offense could improve due to the online. It'll be interesting to see the new scheme

If Tuttle and Kirkland are healthy, the defense will be much better.

Offense could improve due to the online. It'll be interesting to see the new scheme

That would be two big steps in the right direction but UT needs to have at least 6 guys who can rotate in at DT.... even if some just give a series a game or spot relief.

I don't know where LB depth comes from unless some guys who have not been factors for their first 2 or 3 years suddenly find themselves.

Defense will be better with those guys... but it won't last the season unless they play with more depth.

The O could really go either way. I like what Kelly brings but a solid #2 and # 3 need to emerge. There's little returning star power at WR and no proven deep threat but IMO either QB will give the WR's more chances to make big plays than Dobbs did.

The OL should be better... but we said that last year and they weren't by any stretch.

I'm a Jones supporter as you can tell by the screen name. I think if we are better this year it means he had the wrong coaches in place for to long. I don't think we that much less talent or experience returning, our schedule isn't that much easier, etc... I guess what I'm trying to say is I believe this coming season will give us answers to the big questions we have had over the last 4 years. I'm really excited to see

That would be two big steps in the right direction but UT needs to have at least 6 guys who can rotate in at DT.... even if some just give a series a game or spot relief.

I don't know where LB depth comes from unless some guys who have not been factors for their first 2 or 3 years suddenly find themselves.

Defense will be better with those guys... but it won't last the season unless they play with more depth.

The O could really go either way. I like what Kelly brings but a solid #2 and # 3 need to emerge. There's little returning star power at WR and no proven deep threat but IMO either QB will give the WR's more chances to make big plays than Dobbs did.

The OL should be better... but we said that last year and they weren't by any stretch.

I don't know if there's a team in the country that has six DTs who can rotate it and be effective.

I agree at lb. It's time for some of them to mature.

Byrd could be a superstar. His athleticism is off the charts. By far the fastest guy on the team. I'm hoping he breaks out this year. I'm curious to see how the new staff uses him.

Reactions: 1 person

I think we have more production at wr returning than left

This is really very simple.

HISTORY shows us that preseason expectations do not lead to any particular result. Some of our greatest seasons were not expected or predicted. The SEC Champion teams of 1985 and 1989 were unranked in the preseason polls, just to name a couple of examples. When we lost the GOAT at the end of the 1997 season, nobody expected us to win the national title the very next year. It's football, folks!

And being optimistic is a lot more fun than being pessimistic. So there's also that.

Reactions: 4 people

To me, this is the key to how well we will play this year. Agreed the O is a question mark, but our O-line should be improved with a lot of returners and the addition of "the beast". I think our O will produce but if we can control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, I think we have the potential to be very good.

Our lack of depth at D line has really hurt us the last few years. Depth and skill at this position needs to be a priority this summer.

The idea that so called naegavols actually want the Vols to lose is probably the most ridiculous thing going on VN

The Negavols may not want them to lose but when they do it validates themselves and their non stop "the coach, the AD, etc suck and always will" mantra.

Reactions: 3 people
Only three sec teams have won 9 or more last two years tn,fl,al. Only three have won bowl games three years in a row ga,tn,al Al won a semi but lost to clemson.

There are a very few that do want the Vols to lose hoping for Butch to be fired. If there are 2, I have to believe there are more, that just won't admit it here.

If defense ends up being the strength of this team, then I could see us winning more than last year. We can't get into shoot outs with Vandy, South Carolina, Kentucky, etc. Got a lot of potential this year, but we won't know exactly how much til mid-September.

On the o-line we've got tons of talented depth, multiple pontential starting rotations, and possibly even packages where we can put some fresh legs in on goal-line packages. If Dormady or Guarantano can get time to throw they're gonna make some sick throws this year, of that I have no doubt. Running game will be good, some even say great, depth is the question mark. Hoping that some of the young receivers can step up and match up physically with teams like Florida. I think they can do it.

If CBJ wins, we should keep him. But, If he looses, we should fire him. As a true fan, I will wait to see what happens and THEN rant and cuss appropriately!

The idea that so called naegavols actually want the Vols to lose is probably the most ridiculous thing going on VN

Not so far fetched as you would think. There are some people that bring an nfl mentality college football. Like tanking your last games to get better draft picks. I've heard fans wish that vols wold lose all their games so that Majors would be replaced. Any one remember the fans that wanted all vol fans to give their tickets to Alabama fans so we could get rid of Fulmer? Never forget!!!!

Some people seem to think that the university exist to give us a professional football team. The nfl mentality is taking over college football.

The savants that profess to understand the mind of the Nega are truly entertaining.

As a Charter Nega-Butch, I will be the first to jump on to heap whatever praise he deserves, should he mature as a game-day coach. That will involve a season where he doesn't lose a game he shouldn't...and where he guides the team to some form of championship befitting their talent level.

You see....the Nega Butch's are not Nega-Vols. We love the school and the program to the point we want better than Butch has shown he can give. When I'm wrong in my assessment of him, I'll profess it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The last 3 end of the season records for Tennessee are 7-6 in 14 and 9-4 in 15 & 16.

Lol. Good get. And look at all the guys who "liked" that erroneous post. Do believe that says a lot....par for the course.

The post was not only wrong for Tennessee, it was also wrong regarding Florida.

Btw, "you're a negavol, you're not a "real fan", go pull for Florida or Alabama, or just go straight to he**" for correctly pointing that out. 😁😳

The savants that profess to understand the mind of the Nega are truly entertaining.

As a Charter Nega-Butch, I will be the first to jump on heap whatever praise he deserves, should he mature as a game-day coach. That will involve a season where he doesn't lose a game he shouldn't...and where he guides the team to some form of championship befitting their talent level.

You see....the Nega Butch's are not Nega-Vols. We love the school and the program to the point we want better than Butch has shown he can give. When I'm wrong in my assessment of him, I'll profess it.

I think that we all can agree that Butch has l left a win or two on the table each season has been at UT. Where I differ from you and other fans is the fact that I'm not certain that UT can replace Butch with a better coach. For all the fans wishing for an immediate change, I ask this question?

What is your plan to replace Butch, and are you prepared to give him some leeway until he gets his players in the program?

Nick Saban isn't coming to UT so if UT deserves better, who is it?

I don’t think that even Alabama could play well with third team freshmen and sophomores having to play because of injuries.

We didn't play any freshmen to speak of last season outside of special teams. Tyler Byrd was the only freshman that got much playing time at all on offense or defense.

Also, we very rarely ever got to a third string player at any position playing any significant time. The second DT spot was pretty much the only position, alongside starting DT Vickers who started and played in every game.....and that was during the second half of the season vs the easier part of our schedule.

VN Store

Back