Gary Patterson
Mike Gundy
Brohm
Justin Fuente
Brent Venables
Chad Morris
PJ Fleck
Bobby Petrino

A lot of the names People here are looking at.

not sure the AD would take Petrino back

Alabama had 3 or 4 misses before they got to Saban.
Florida had a miss after both Spurrier and Meyer.
Notre Dame has all the money in the world and God on their side and they keep missing.

It's just an inexact science.

I don't think that it can be put any better. This is right on the money.

Looks like the Razorback fans are wanting/hoping for :

Bob Stoops
Gary Paterson
MIke Norvil
Craig Bohl.
Mike Leach
Mike Norvell
Gary Patterson
Mike Gundy
Brohm
Justin Fuente
Brent Venables
Chad Morris
PJ Fleck
Bobby Petrino

It's just like Bogart said in Casablanca "roundup the usual suspects". National media puts names out there and its rinse and repeat on every board with a hot seat , it's what we do.

Would TN have won the East w/ Bielama?

This is a great question and I believe he would've won the east at least once in the last 5 seasons. I don't and never did want Bielama, but to answer this question, I think so. UT would've been much more physical unpront and would've ran the ball much more effectively. This is assuming he landed the same recruits Butch has or equivalent....

In the same breathe, winning the East during this tenure would've been something MANY coaches could've accomplished and it's really not saying too much.

Reactions: 1 person

Bob Stoops
Gary Paterson
MIke Norvil
Craig Bohl.
Mike Leach
Mike Norvell
Gary Patterson
Mike Gundy
Brohm
Justin Fuente
Brent Venables
Chad Morris
PJ Fleck
Bobby Petrino

I know we laugh when we think Arkansas but has been a pretty decent school for the most part and should have the funds... The Waltons has donated a lot of funds so money shouldn’t be an issue.

Now with both coaches on the hot seat, what if we'd beat Arkansas to the punch and hired Bret instead. His resume was impressive at Wisconsin. 68-24 record. 3 Rose Bowl appearances. Finalist for COY in 2010. In looking at the he potential candidates to replace CBJ, I would think a coach with a similar Power 5 resume would be a leading candidate. Is Bielama an example of that even if u make a big time hire it doesn't always pan out.

Don't want to hear any more Great Pumpkin jokes.

Bert took over a more talented (not saying much) roster and dazzled with a 3 win season. Butch hasn’t worked out but Arkansas hired a disaster.

Bert took over a more talented (not saying much) roster and dazzled with a 3 win season. Butch hasn’t worked out but Arkansas hired a disaster.

Isn't it amazing how four HC positions opened up the same year (Kentucky, Arky, Auburn and UT) and that Stoops is pretty safe while the other three are or have been on the hot seat?

Bob Stoops
Gary Paterson
MIke Norvil
Craig Bohl.
Mike Leach
Mike Norvell
Gary Patterson
Mike Gundy
Brohm
Justin Fuente
Brent Venables
Chad Morris
PJ Fleck
Bobby Petrino

Ok good so all I am concerned with is if Chip Kelly is on that list...Ummm...NO!...Woohoo

Isn't it amazing how four HC positions opened up the same year (Kentucky, Arky, Auburn and UT) and that Stoops is pretty safe while the other three are or have been on the hot seat?

Shows the difference in expectations at those schools. It took Stoops 4 seasons to get bowl eligible. None of the other 3 coaches would have survived 3 seasons without getting to 6 wins.

Shows the difference in expectations at those schools. It took Stoops 4 seasons to get bowl eligible. None of the other 3 coaches would have survived 3 seasons without getting to 6 wins.

However, UK is trending in the right direction. They should (barring a typical second half of the schedule UK meltdown) be bowl eligible again and be in a position to go to a pretty decent bowl.

Notre Dame is probably the hardest job in the country. High academic standards, demanding boosters not only on wins but in other ways, social challenges at the school for recruits. Money can't fix the problems they face

Notre Dame is a dinosaur that needs to evolve or die. They will eventually be forced to become a full time member of the ACC in football, or risk being a slightly better BYU.

Reactions: 1 person

Well...Kentucky. :hmm:

VN Store

Back