What I am hearing about reasons for current UT Football dysfunction

Not even a page ahead I posted exactly my opinion on this matter, but I guess you can't read.

"I've sat through a decade or more of incompetence because we keep hiring bargain barrel experiments but I have "hate in my heart" because I said I don't want to sit through another one that was brought up as the premise to start this thread. Clownshow."

hurr durr hateful anti-tee man hurr durr

You said if Tee was made coach, that's not what we are going back and forth over.
If Tee Martin becomes Tennessee head coach I'll quit following the program.

So...don’t keep him...but...don’t replace him? 🤨

Ok Butch, now I want to be clear so you're no longer confused. I want him gone. Now that that's made clear, I also think his firing will not lead to a competent hire. That's based on our past coaching hires. We're screwed either way because of our current leaders.

You said if Tee was made coach, that's not what we are going back and forth over.
Is Tee Martin not a bargain barrel option? Is he theoretically becoming head coach not one of the main topics of this thread? Holy nuts Batman, you're denser than a 12 year old fruitcake.

Talking to local reporters, some ex-players and others, below is what I have been able to gather about current state of football program. Now this all comes from informal chats and people claiming they know this stuff so take is for what it is worth.

1. Fulmer still likes to act like he is the head coach. He meddles into everything from basic practice to game planning, personnel etc. Pruitt is sick of being micro-managed.
  2. There are three factions in coaching staff:
    1. Tee and Jay are Fulmer's boys and they act very much like it too. Tee in particular acts like he is above head coach and has been cause of a lot of friction with in staff.
    2. Pruitt, Friend, Nerdimeyer, Weinke are in another camp. Tee and Jay particularly dislike Nerdimeyer
    3. Derek Ansely, Chaney and Shelton Felton generally stay away from these groups.
  3. Ansley has a weak personality and deflects any pressure to Pruitt. Lacks leadership.
  4. Pruitt micro-manages the offense through Chaney while Tee tries to run his own stuff. Chaney is very disengaged and even does not run a lot of meetings. He was not like this in his previous stunt here. He just stopped caring.
  5. Shelton Felton, Osovet, Brambaugh etc are/were good coaches who are just caught in amazing dysfunction. Brambaugh got fired because he was tired of Pruitt dissing DL all the time and he got into heated argument with Pruitt a lot.
  6. Tee tells people around him that he will be HC here someday and he will run this place like Belichik runs Patriots.
  7. Pruitt will be forced to let go of his guys (Friend gone, Nerdeimeyer and Weinke next). Tee will likely be Co-OC for 2021. Pruitt is fed up with Fulmer and would be happy to take his buyout and leave.
  8. Fulmer has a lot of boosters support and Pruitt still feels like outsider.
  9. Team is completely divided.
The amount of dysfunction and politics at UTAD is disgusting. Fulmer is root of it. Pruitt does not have the personality to be a HC who can handle all this and Tee is an opportunist who is waiting his turn fueling the infighting.

Whut?

1202461152.jpg.0.jpg

Talking to local reporters, some ex-players and others, below is what I have been able to gather about current state of football program. Now this all comes from informal chats and people claiming they know this stuff so take is for what it is worth.

1. Fulmer still likes to act like he is the head coach. He meddles into everything from basic practice to game planning, personnel etc. Pruitt is sick of being micro-managed.
  2. There are three factions in coaching staff:
    1. Tee and Jay are Fulmer's boys and they act very much like it too. Tee in particular acts like he is above head coach and has been cause of a lot of friction with in staff.
    2. Pruitt, Friend, Nerdimeyer, Weinke are in another camp. Tee and Jay particularly dislike Nerdimeyer
    3. Derek Ansely, Chaney and Shelton Felton generally stay away from these groups.
  3. Ansley has a weak personality and deflects any pressure to Pruitt. Lacks leadership.
  4. Pruitt micro-manages the offense through Chaney while Tee tries to run his own stuff. Chaney is very disengaged and even does not run a lot of meetings. He was not like this in his previous stunt here. He just stopped caring.
  5. Shelton Felton, Osovet, Brambaugh etc are/were good coaches who are just caught in amazing dysfunction. Brambaugh got fired because he was tired of Pruitt dissing DL all the time and he got into heated argument with Pruitt a lot.
  6. Tee tells people around him that he will be HC here someday and he will run this place like Belichik runs Patriots.
  7. Pruitt will be forced to let go of his guys (Friend gone, Nerdeimeyer and Weinke next). Tee will likely be Co-OC for 2021. Pruitt is fed up with Fulmer and would be happy to take his buyout and leave.
  8. Fulmer has a lot of boosters support and Pruitt still feels like outsider.
  9. Team is completely divided.
The amount of dysfunction and politics at UTAD is disgusting. Fulmer is root of it. Pruitt does not have the personality to be a HC who can handle all this and Tee is an opportunist who is waiting his turn fueling the infighting.

I don't doubt that there's something wrong over there but I don't know how much of it is Fulmer interfering. First, he is the guy who hired Pruitt. If Pruitt fails, then Fulmer will be in jeopardy and if anything is true, it's that Fulmer is loving his return to relevancy. His two biggest hires are going to be Kellie for women's BB and Pruitt. I'm still undecided about Kellie but her recruiting is not exciting me. If she and Pruitt fail, Phil is toast.

But the thing that really doesn't ring true is that Fulmer is putting that much time into it. What got Fulmer fired as HC was 2 things, first was his unwillingness to hire the best available Offensive Coordinator from outside his circle. Sure he was thrilled to have Cutcliff, but he knew Cut was totally loyal and wouldn't do to Phil what Phil did to Johnny Majors. Then when he hired Clawson, he wouldn't let him install his offense.

But the big thing for me was Fulmer got lazy. He didn't get out on the recruiting trail like he once did and some of you may remember that when the OL started underperforming he rejected suggestions that he take over that unit because he was so busy. With guys like Spurrier running their teams whole offense, that just didn't ring true.

The clincher for me was when we had an open week before a Florida game in the early 2000s. Instead of getting with his coaches and work on scheme, he took Vicki to Colorado for a three day weekend and the following week was beaten by Florida. That was nothing short of malpractice. Find me another college coach who would do that.

The dysfunction is you believing that anyone is saying he'd be the HC at UT. No one is saying that. And for you to make a claim that you'd stop following the team if he did shows how much you like him. Proven even more that no one was saying anything about him as HC. Stop reading into what you want to see and hear. Reading is fundamental there Karen.

Ok Butch, now I want to be clear so you're no longer confused. I want him gone. Now that that's made clear, I also think his firing will not lead to a competent hire. That's based on our past coaching hires. We're screwed either way because of our current leaders.
Think I got it. You’re done with the program but will remain to keep us updated.

Lol, you're a real piece of work. I make 2 posts on this thread, one simply calling the fact less thread as being BS and the other stating simply that we weren't the dumpster fire the NegaVols continue to claim us to be. You somehow try to make it a moral issue which is another one of your advanced trolling skills when it was simply a statement that a faction of our fanbase, a faction you're a part of, has become unhinged. I don't run from anything or anyone unless they have a gun pointed at me, me choosing to not debate the woulda shoulda coulda crowd you're a part of would be a stupid waste of time as I'm sure your trolling self is aware.
LOL... you are completely self-unaware. You really are. You automatically dismiss things that don't line up with what you wish to believe.... then YES... you act morally superior just as you've done here. It isn't that you could POSSIBLY have a skewed perspective... it MUST be that I'm "trolling" or "unhinged" or "negative" or "dishonest".

You are "superior" because you are "always" right... and if we don't agree then we're just really bad people.

Notably... you didn't give one reason why the OP's presentation of things they CLAIMED TO HAVE HEARD was factually incorrect. You don't know.... but that didn't keep you from calling it "BS".

The dysfunction is you believing that anyone is saying he'd be the HC at UT. No one is saying that. And for you to make a claim that you'd stop following the team if he did shows how much you like him. Proven even more that no one was saying anything about him as HC. Stop reading into what you want to see and hear. Reading is fundamental there Karen.
Several have floated his name. Kingston if you need a specific.

Burden of proof is one you. If you can paste 5 posts advocating for Tee’s promotion as HC at UT I’ll be shocked
I am not going to do the work for you. How could you have missed the comments about Tee being the HC? Just because you dont want to go search yourself will not make me go do it for you.

Tee needs to try HC at a middle school and work his way up. There is nothing impressive about him. Fulmer needs to be fired with Pruitt
Maybe we get rid of Fulmer and get a competent AD and let him work it out. Tee is now and has been a drama queen since he came to interview with Jones. I say this knowing that up until recently, he was my favorite UT QB.

Reactions: tnvols72
Lol, and just like that the debate was over. I sincerely hope you have a good life, bye bye.
Predictable as heck.
Why is it some posters on here are like the pot calling the kettle black?
When you quote them you know beforehand that it’s going to go back and forth 4-5 times because you have a different opinion than them, and by the third reply you’re going to get called a 5th grader or worse?
Thank you sir for carrying on the tradition.
I know I can always count on you! LOL

Well finally I think we agree on something

Pick a thread. I am sure you will find it at least 3-4 times. Its there and the ones who have said it knows its there.
No, there may be a couple of posters here who are advocating for him as HC but no more. The fact that they post it repeatedly doesn't mean it is widespread.

No, there may be a couple of posters here who are advocating for him as HC but no more. The fact that they post it repeatedly doesn't mean it is widespread.
Here is just one thread and its either OC or HC and he would suck at both.....
Time for Tee Martin? (merged)

Reactions: Border Vol
ESPN has also been advocating for him and Fulmer loves positive media adulation.

This is why a fan base as bad as Vandy can stop by, read this garbage and laugh louder at us. We're the laughing stock of the SEC. Elitest attitude, led by inbreds. If you didn't play, get a degree, or coach here then you don't belong here. Then fans have the nerve to say which of those who did play, got a degree, or coached here should be AD or HC. Better yet why they aren't qualified. You want to know why no one wanted to coach here and we settled on Pruitt? Pruitt, a DC from Bama. We'll never have a good coach who knows how to win and has a proven track record. Then someone who actually would love to coach here, the fans would run them off. You could offer Urban, Jumbo or Dabo 15M a year and they wouldn't take it the job from this incestuous minded school. Football here will never be great again.
You know I almost see your point, but....

What has caused this stink among the fan base? You seem to be ignoring that fact. Your claims about other coaches is purely emotional and it has nothing to do with the fan base. The fan base at UT is no different that any other major SEC school, Clemson, or Ohio State. This fan base has nothing to cheer for.

Because most of us do not worship certain coaches does not mean that we are anti-Tennessee. Coaches will not come here because of the leadership and booster dissension.

Reactions: igotworms
You know I almost see your point, but....

What has caused this stink among the fan base? You seem to be ignoring that fact. Your claims about other coaches is purely emotional and it has nothing to do with the fan base. The fan base at UT is no different that any other major SEC school, Clemson, or Ohio State. This fan base has nothing to cheer for.

Because most of us do not worship certain coaches does not mean that we are anti-Tennessee. Coaches will not come here because of the leadership and booster dissension.
Championship expectations within 2 years.

Reactions: Cormock Mac

VN Store

Back