What do you expect Saturday?

One team will make a big play or two and then the other team will spread their legs and assume the submission position!

Defence will keep Vols in the game for a half. If offence scores twice, in first half, we have a game. If OL and WRs help JG have more good plays than bad, he will make some outstanding plays in the mix. But it is hard to expect JG to become consistent and go on a roll, like SC tends to do at some point in games against us. If Vols fight until the end, they have a chance. If they go to pieces, playing stupid, the rooster will crow in the afternoon.

I think SC loads the box, forces a new qb to beat them throwing the ball. The offense runs in quicksand the entire game and we generate 7 to 13 pts. Defense will be on the field too long, eventually surrenders 20 pts or so.

I expect the good guys to show eye discipline and play complimentary football and pull out a win. JG shows why he was highly recruited. All of a sudden Bama doesn't look at the third Saturday as a bye week.

GBO, 9-3 Baby!!!!!:rock:

Up until this week I have ALWAYS expected the Vols to win every game.....now that expectation has changed. I HATE IT. I hope we drill Muskrat but just don't know if we will even make it a game. Your thoughts please. Go Vols.

Muschamp has his team pretty pumped up right now, they are full of confidence, especially his D. Jake Bentley is legit. UT is going to have to play well to get the win, SC is not a pushover this year. I expect the UT D to show up and play well. It's all about what version of the O shows up? I think a low scoring game and I want the best QB in that environment. That's Bentley.

Objectively speaking (NOT being a Nega), how could anyone think we get a win this weekend with how bad the offense has looked and breaking in a new QB (that hasn't looked at all ready)?

I expect a win for the Vol's

or a win with a new coach.

I want to see a game win much more (as I see Butch getting fired anyway), but either way the fans will get a win.

Objectively speaking (NOT being a Nega), how could anyone think we get a win this weekend with how bad the offense has looked and breaking in a new QB (that hasn't looked at all ready)?

SC horrible rush offense.
TN horrible rush defense.

Tennessee has looked totally garbage on D mostly because teams have run it all over and around them.

SC will certainly be able to run, but they cant pull a GA (200+).

For SC to win the game it will come via their passing game. Tennessee held Fromm to his lowest yards (by far), his lowest completion % (by far), his lowest TD to Int, and his shortest "long" completion.......of his season........Teams do not pass a ton on Tennessee (because they can run it so well); however Tennessee holds QB's to an average of 52%, and a QBR average of 50 (very bad). Not saying this will hold true on Saturday, but it certainly gives Tennessee a chance.

Unless the players are "done" (so to speak) this should be a game.........two bad teams one should win (should be close)

Anyway, love the Vol's hoping for a win, and I think they pull it out.

SC horrible rush offense.
TN horrible rush defense.

Tennessee has looked totally garbage on D mostly because teams have run it all over and around them.

SC will certainly be able to run, but they cant pull a GA (200+).

For SC to win the game it will come via their passing game. Tennessee held Fromm to his lowest yards (by far), his lowest completion % (by far), his lowest TD to Int, and his shortest "long" completion.......of his season........Teams do not pass a ton on Tennessee (because they can run it so well); however Tennessee holds QB's to an average of 52%, and a QBR average of 50 (very bad). Not saying this will hold true on Saturday, but it certainly gives Tennessee a chance.

Unless the players are "done" (so to speak) this should be a game.........two bad teams one should win (should be close)

Anyway, love the Vol's hoping for a win, and I think they pull it out.

I get what you're saying, but Bentley is probably the best QB we have faced this year (yes Fromm is decent, but UGA's running game is outstanding, which makes him look better). Yes, our pass D is rated very high nationally, but are relatively untested since we have not truly seen a QB that can sling it around. I'm just not very confident, especially when we have shown to not get pressure on the QB and Taylor being out.

Let's GO JK!!

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0376.JPG
    IMG_0376.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 58
I get what you're saying, but Bentley is probably the best QB we have faced this year (yes Fromm is decent, but UGA's running game is outstanding, which makes him look better). Yes, our pass D is rated very high nationally, but are relatively untested since we have not truly seen a QB that can sling it around. I'm just not very confident, especially when we have shown to not get pressure on the QB and Taylor being out.

Bentley certainly has more yards passing, but his completion % and QBR is not real good. Their passing O is around 55th in the nation.......not bad, but not good. If he gets around 280+ passing yards we could be in trouble, but he has only thrown for more than 215, 3 times and they lost 2 of those games.

Again if Bentley goes off......SC will certainly win..........don't see them being able to do it on the ground like other teams.

Bentley certainly has more yards passing, but his completion % and QBR is not real good. Their passing O is around 55th in the nation.......not bad, but not good. If he gets around 280+ passing yards we could be in trouble, but he has only thrown for more than 215, 3 times and they lost 2 of those games.

Again if Bentley goes off......SC will certainly win..........don't see them being able to do it on the ground like other teams.

So your saying over 60% is not good?

Coach said the last week's off-week was one of the best ever (I suppose it's real easy to speak about progress, during the off-week).

Did Coach happen to comment on how this week's pre-game week went?

I see two different scenarios that could play out.

1. It's a close game. We trade scores for 4 quarters and the last team to score wins.

2. They beat us by 2+ possessions and take a knee to end the game.

We will only win if it's a close game. We aren't beating them by multiple scores.

I see two different scenarios that could play out.

1. It's a close game. We trade scores for 4 quarters and the last team to score wins.

2. They beat us by 2+ possessions and take a knee to end the game.

We will only win if it's a close game. We aren't beating them by multiple scores.

It’s likely a low scoring game IMO. I watched all the games this year for both teams. There’s not much seperation between these teams at all. Both are carried by their D. If it is a close game, I want the best QB, and that’s Bentley.

I'm really worried about turnovers. That and play calling. Take what the defense gives you and thus far we either haven't tried or have failed to take advantage of that.

I expect to...
hear boos,
see question marks paired with exclamations (?!!)
and
smell fresh apples, cinnamon, and fried dough.

Not gonna let any games or fans ruin my Saturday.

I'm really worried about turnovers. That and play calling. Take what the defense gives you and thus far we either haven't tried or have failed to take advantage of that.

SC does a good job of takeaways......and Tennessee does a bad job of limiting turnovers.

If they can get JG to be a game manager and not try to "win it" himself.........Tennessee has a chance.

But like you I am worried about turnovers.

SC does a good job of takeaways......and Tennessee does a bad job of limiting turnovers.

If they can get JG to be a game manager and not try to "win it" himself.........Tennessee has a chance.

But like you I am worried about turnovers.

The SC defense leads the conference in turnovers I think, they have that as a big part of their game plan every week and practice creating turnovers at every practice. So turnovers could be an issue if not very careful with the ball at all times.

VN Store

Back