What do you expect Saturday?

The SC defense leads the conference in turnovers I think, they have that as a big part of their game plan every week and practice creating turnovers at every practice. So turnovers could be an issue if not very careful with the ball at all times.

Yea they are tied for 11th in the nation in turnovers gained and are 13th in the nation in turnover margin.

I sure hope Tennessee can get the running game going.

Unfortunately there are 3 things that play a major factor against the Vols before the game even kicks off.

1. Butch is still the coach
2. We typically dont play well for 12pm games
3. Mushcump owns Butch

When I factor those 3 things in I dont expect much

"2. We typically dont play well for 12pm games." UT has never been a great "early in the day" team for as long as I really followed them, and that was back in the late 80's. I am sure they have won a bunch of noon games, but I know they will not be at their best.

Saturday: Vols lose to SC.

Sunday: Butch Fired.

Monday: While in Nashville, Gruden announces he's new coach effective immediately.

Saturday: UT beats Bama.

Up until this week I have ALWAYS expected the Vols to win every game.....now that expectation has changed. I HATE IT. I hope we drill Muskrat but just don't know if we will even make it a game. Your thoughts please. Go Vols.

I've been a fan for 50 years. There are only about two seasons since the late sixties where I expected to win every game and that was during Fulmer's tenure when we had better players than everyone else. Not sure what has deluded you into EXPECTING them to win every game. I WANT them to win every game. Big difference there

I've been a fan for 50 years. There are only about two seasons since the late sixties where I expected to win every game and that was during Fulmer's tenure when we had better players than everyone else. Not sure what has deluded you into EXPECTING them to win every game. I WANT them to win every game. Big difference there

I certainly get what you are saying. When I am looking over their schedule before the season, there are games I expect Tennessee will prob lose.

However from 1995-2001 there was only 1 year where I expected Tennessee to lose any regular season games........now there were times I thought they might, but only the 2000 did I expect to lose any.

I expect Muschamp to beat Jones with an inferior team yet again.

Ugly, low scoring game with Guarantano making a few plays to get our hopes up and making the crushing mistakes that helps a team lose.

No rhythm on offense with several head scratching calls and an ultra conservative gameplan in a misguided attempt to protect Guartano.

This defense can't consistently stop the run and gets lost in coverage. Year and a half into the Shoop regime and I dont think any of that changes.

Reactions: 1 person
This is the most somber we've been the Friday before game day that I can remember.

I don't expect much tomorrow.

if JG can play with poise and get good OL protection we may see
a good game, but I expect some struggles getting the ball downfield if
we see some of the same play as before. I want to expect a win but
it's hard to get that excited.

The meh unfortunately has already set in with me. So I just want to see JG offer some kind of spark offensively, and be more consistent throwing the ball. And I want to see Byrd come out of nowhere and purchase ownership of some fictitious Island!!!

Last edited:
Saturday: Vols lose to SC.

Sunday: Butch Fired.

Monday: While in Nashville, Gruden announces he's new coach effective immediately.

Saturday: UT beats Bama.

THIS Saturday morning: :snoring: Bobby Ewing steps out of the shower and you realize this season was only a dream* :confused:

*if you weren't watching TV in 1986... don't bother to ask

Vols still -3, O/U is 47 1/2. Vols can't cover anything this year, either on the field or in Vegas, so...

Sorry, I can't make me say it.

Go Vols.

Up until this week I have ALWAYS expected the Vols to win every game.....now that expectation has changed. I HATE IT. I hope we drill Muskrat but just don't know if we will even make it a game. Your thoughts please. Go Vols.

We lose by double digits , end of story

Kelly's Heros turn in a stellar display of power blocking... Vols ground game wins it Saturday.

We lose by double digits , end of story

Seems like a lot of people predicting a epic VOL collapse, but our defense actually made some decent plays and stopped several drives in the first half against GA. Now they were inconsistent and would give up big plays (especially some of our DB's), but our offense kept putting them out on the field and they wore down in the 2nd half. Not saying we will definitely win, but people are so focused on CBJ they forget about how we still have a lot of talent on this team that can make plays.

Smoked chicken with big orange sauce!

I'm thinking it's gonna be a super close game, but after last game who knows. I'm worried about the fans showing up. Extra tickets this week at my work for the free drawing, ouch. If fans show we roll, if not we get chicken squat.

Go volzz

My neighbor offered me 2. So did my sister.

VN Store

Back