What do you expect Saturday?

Contrary to popular opinion on VN, I actually think we win this game. Butch seems to win one he shouldn’t every year and this is probably the one.

Reactions: 2 people
I want to badly for JG to have a breakout game but nothing he has shown so far leads me to be confident that will happen. Hopefully the extra week and knowing he is the starter will lead to more confidence from him and his teammates.

I agree. However, I agree with those why have stated that we do not have the right QB for the offensive system used by the team at this time. With this system, we need a QB that can scramble and who can throw passes accurately. Unfortunately, I have not seen that from either of our current QBs. Anyway, GBO!

Last edited:
Some of this...
HTTP2ltZzAuam95cmVhY3Rvci5jb20vcGljcy9wb3N0L2Zvb3RiYWxsLWZhaWwtZ2lmLXNhbmRib3gtMTUxNDIxMy5naWYlog.gif

Probably a little of this...
giphy.gif

At least one of these...
giphy.gif

Several of these...
dexter-mccluster-slo-mo-drop.gif

Reactions: 11 people
Contrary to popular opinion on VN, I actually think we win this game. Butch seems to win one he shouldn’t every year and this is probably the one.

this is the one? :no: if that's really the case, that, in and of itself, tells you a lot.

edit: i think we probably win too. kinda ugly, but a w nonetheless. i don't consider it winning a game he shouldn't though. we don't have any games left on the schedule, save bama, that fall in that category.

Reactions: 1 person

how said is that.....Scar being a game that we as fans, dont expect to win, honestly never thought id hear or say that....

edit: Jake read my mind

I expect to see an offense that spent 2 weeks fixing nothing.

I expect to see a defense play admirably but get gashed on the ground and finally run out of gas because the offense can't stay on the field.

Turnovers.

Reactions: 2 people
I expect to see an offense that spent 2 weeks fixing nothing.

I expect to see a defense play admirably but get gashed on the ground and finally run out of gas because the offense can't stay on the field.

Turnovers.

yeah, and USCe is terrible running the ball. we'll see. i actually think the defense probably plays pretty well.

The very fact that SC is “wins one that he shouldn’t” should pi$$ any Vol fan off th the nth degree.

Reactions: 4 people
I expect to do a lot of laughing to keep me from getting mad. I would like to see the players look like they are having fun because it seems to me they are missing that, even in the games they win. Also expect to see JG look like a deer in headlights and nervous instead of having fun and being himself. JMO tho and hope I am wrong

I expect our players to be resilient.

I expect our guys to snap and clear if they have a bad play.

Players to try and win they're one-on-one matchups.

Complimentary football from all 11 guys on the field

I expect our team focused on Details, accountabili.......

Rah. Rah. Rah.

I actually have no idea what to expect but I really want to see our guys come out with a massive chip on their shoulders. Even if we get beat I'd love to see that nasty style of attitude like Miami(minus the dirty plays) had in the 80's and Fulmer's teams had (particularly our OL & DL) in the late 90's. I'd love to see that chip where every play is first and foremost about physically whipping someone with 1st downs and the scoreboard becoming secondary concerns.....

Last edited:
I expect Tennessee to lose by double digits, Muschamp has Butch's number and lets be honest Bob Shoop's defense isn't stopping anyone

As much as I would like to see this team get it together, I have the same thoughts as you.

I expect the percentage of Tullamore Dew in my Irish coffee to continually increase over the course of this game because I expect this game to be sloppy, frustrating and eventually a loss for the Vols.

JG starts off with fresh,well rested linemen and Kelly pounds the rock in determined fashion. We're able to possess the ball on O longer and our D has time to rest and adjust. We don't turn the ball over. Our DB's and LB's have to keep things in front of them. Cat and mouse between Shoop and Roper and how we handle Bentley will factor in bigtime. Best to use Kelly and short passing game and try to control the ball, keeping the ball from Bentley because he can get a rythym and tear our corners a new arse. We can't miss 3 of 5 FGA's. Could be a close win either way.

I EXPECT . . . us to win as I do with every game.

I HOPE . . . we can play great defense until JG gets his game pants on and can help us score enough to win.

I THINK . . . the defense will not be able to play great (or even decent) defense.

Thus, I PREDICT . . . we will lose by a touchdown or more.

VN Store

Back