Westworld (HBO)

So..... Now that we know about a new Arthur character, I think it's safe to assume...

that he's the man in black. He died at the park, and what we've seen of his existence so far is only a memory of the hosts. Which means there was probably a power struggle between him and Ford and others, so he probably put himself in the park and tried to program the hosts to be his way. Seems like he succeeded.

I'm interested where this Wyatt story line is going though.

Teddy has no success shooting his gang, so it appears like they could be guests. Why would guests be working for one of these hosts?
Okay, so I was wrong. Now I think...

Logan is the man in black... He's wearing black. He mentioned going black hat. He mentioned finding an Easter egg in the big game. I think he's obsessed.

Through 4 episodes it's far and away better than GoT was. Part of that is becaue GoT had to introduce so much **** at once, but it's still how it is.

Disagree. The first 5 minutes of the first GoT episode was better than anything I've seen in Westworld. But..apples and oranges.

Reactions: 4 people
Through 4 episodes it's far and away better than GoT was. Part of that is becaue GoT had to introduce so much **** at once, but it's still how it is.

Being better than GOT through 4 episodes is not the same as being better than GOT.

Disagree. The first 5 minutes of the first GoT episode was better than anything I've seen in Westworld. But..apples and oranges.

Thats absurd.

You guys have Walking Dead syndrome it seems, thinking something is far better than it really is on name alone. Game of Thrones is still the best show on TV currently, sure, but through the same time in their first seasons Westworld is a far better story and more unique concept. Even my friends who would murder people over Game of Thrones agree to this, and most review sources do to.

Will Westworld recieve the acclaim or viewership GoT has? Probably not. But "cybernetic cowboy future theme park mystery" based on a movie from 40 years ago is a lot harder to sell than "Dragons with soap opera intrigue and incest causing all the problems" based on a best selling book series bigger than the Bible of which we most likely will never see the end to because screw GRRM and his slow writing.

To each their own, but I and most people I know, and have met online outside of these forums, agree that Westworld is better so far in its short time.

Being better than GOT through 4 episodes is not the same as being better than GOT.

I don't think anywhere I said it's better than Game of Thrones. I said to this point it's better. And it is.

We didn't compare 19 year old Lebron James to Jordan's entire career. Some did, but they were stupid to do so. Most of us compared them year by year if we did so at all, while recognizing the potential regardless.

That's how Westworld should be compared if it's going to be done at all. Once it's near the end it can be decided, but so far it's ahead at the same point in time as Thrones was.

You guys have Walking Dead syndrome it seems, thinking something is far better than it really is on name alone. Game of Thrones is still the best show on TV currently, sure, but through the same time in their first seasons Westworld is a far better story and more unique concept. Even my friends who would murder people over Game of Thrones agree to this, and most review sources do to.

Will Westworld recieve the acclaim or viewership GoT has? Probably not. But "cybernetic cowboy future theme park mystery" based on a movie from 40 years ago is a lot harder to sell than "Dragons with soap opera intrigue and incest causing all the problems" based on a best selling book series bigger than the Bible of which we most likely will never see the end to because screw GRRM and his slow writing.

To each their own, but I and most people I know, and have met online outside of these forums, agree that Westworld is better so far in its short time.

What I like about the show mostly, is that it seems like its writing itself as we watch it.

So many possibilities. And the cast has wonderful talent.

Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins are awesome. So is Evan Rachel Wood.

I don't think anywhere I said it's better than Game of Thrones. I said to this point it's better. And it is.

We didn't compare 19 year old Lebron James to Jordan's entire career. Some did, but they were stupid to do so. Most of us compared them year by year if we did so at all, while recognizing the potential regardless.

That's how Westworld should be compared if it's going to be done at all. Once it's near the end it can be decided, but so far it's ahead at the same point in time as Thrones was.

I was arguing the idea that it was the best show on tv. I'm not disagreeing with this post.

I will say, GOT episodes 5-10 were a lot better than 2-4. If westworld approaches that level I'll be pretty happy.

Reactions: 1 person

I have to disagree. I think the fact that Game of Thrones has maintained this level of acclaim is actually incredible. In addition to being a genre show featuring magic and dragons that passed up its original source material, it includes large amounts of violence, sex, rape, and it killed its most well known actor in season 1. Throwing in the fact that it's a huge pop-culture show just makes it all the more impressive that it has continued to be critically praised.

Last edited:
Why can't they just both be great? Apples are awesome, and so are Oranges. So just let it be. By the way..this story is based on a book by one of my favorite authors Michael Crichton. Not just on an old movie. He was great at story's that examined these concepts. Humans playing God et cetera.

Episodes get better and better.

I'm hooked to this show.

HBO kicks a $$

Exactly. I watched the most recent episode last night and felt the same. Thought it was solid and things keep getting better.

I like WestWorld, but it is far from a unique concept considering it's based off of Chricton's WW movie with Yule Brenner.

I like WestWorld, but it is far from a unique concept considering it's based off of Chricton's WW movie with Yule Brenner.

Game of Thrones isn't a unique concept, even by its source's genre, but praised it as the best show ever.

Kind of getting the Ex Machina vibe where the Alicia Vikander character makes the break for the human world. Maybe that is Delores' destiny.

That episode was awesome from top to bottom. Seriously launched my interest forward in this show.

I'm just 3 episodes in and this show is incredible.

My only complaint is the constant shots of Bernard looking over his glasses.

I'm just 3 episodes in and this show is incredible.

My only complaint is the constant shots of Bernard looking over his glasses.

I think he just wears them that way. It's been on my nerves the past few weeks. Nowhere close to enough for me to not watch, just annoying when he's onscreen.

VN Store

Back