We're Actively Pursuing Another RB

Cross and Hill are both around 6'1" / 6'2" and around 220 - 225 lbs. So far this year, Cross is having the better year. Only thing is Hill runs a 4.6 40, and Cross a 4.5 40. Would love it if either or both ran a 4.4.

I don't know where you're getting those numbers and I'm not calling you a liar but I'd be surprised if either was accurate.

I haven't seen any 40 times on Cross but ESPN says Cross "may not possess the speed or flash to gain a lot of national attention". That doesn't make sense if the guy has 4.5 speed.

The listed 40 time on Hill is 5.04

Has Cross been clocked in the 40 that's been documented anywhere that you're aware of, Jmoore? I haven't seen one.

No, & what I have heard is that Cross doesnt like going to camps b/c of his lack of speed. TIFWIW but thats just what I was told by someone from GA.

Cross looked like a 4.5 guy in his Jr. film but from the few clips I saw of him this year he is sloooow, looks to be 4.7. Now granted that was just a few clips & if he has a Sr film released it could look better than what I saw but from what I did see I wasnt impressed.

Cross looks to be more than 225 in the highlights I saw of him, looked more like 235. & he does NOT run a 4.5, he is a 4.7 guy. Hill is a legit 220-225 & ran a 4.51 out our camp over the summer.

Hand timed or electronic?

They are bruisers but I do not think they are what Dooley would consider "playmakers" at the RB position, meaning a threat to score with every carry.

Can agree with that. If they can catch the football it'd help

Cross still averages over 200 yds/game at 4.7 in a good GA division. I know it's somewhat slow for a RB, but he's obviously still a tremendous back. He can work on his 40 time.

Both Cross and Hill will get looks at RB. Everyone is too caught up in the forty time. They're bruisers not speedy/shifty scat backs. Blount is a good example. Hell look at Bettis too. His career turned out ok.

Plenty of "slow" RBs are successful and get drafted. OW is right, some people are looking into Cross' speed way too much.

Cross looks slow... At the 3min mark of his video a midget ran him down but he's definitely a bruiser. B Brown is a game changer kid is the full package would love to see this kid in Orange any new info on him?

There's no rule against being big AND fast. Anyone expecting Cross and/or Hill to be premier SEC backs is probably going to be disappointed. Could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Give me 4 yards a carry and I will win games

I dont need them to make 20 yard runs everytime they touch the ball

Out of that batch I would take B. Brown every day of the week. Great, explosive cuts with the size to go with it. Pender would be a close second.

1. Pender
2. Brown

We have RB committed that are similar to Brown's skill set. I like both but Pender is much more explosive.

VN Store

Back