Well I am sorry...but good grief

Just a thought here but you think Vandy shooting like 85% from the field and 83% from 3 point in the 2nd half had anything to do with this? Just a question...,I personally can only remember one team in the last 35 years shot those type % against us and I believe it was UAB who shot like 73% for the game against us once.....

Reactions: 3 people
There really isn't much to say and often it is best to just not say anything. Then, too, nobody can criticize you for saying something when you just remain silent and just sit and stare, like one of his stuffed birds. They know I can't move a finger, and I won't. I'll just sit here and be quiet, just in case they do... suspect me. They're probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching... they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, "Why, he wouldn't even harm a fly..."

Reactions: 1 person
Because Dooley didn't accomplish a damn thing, and Martin was a possession from the Eilite 8.

Explain it away however you want, Martin accomplished something, Dooley didn't.

If any basketball coach is the Dooley of bball coaches, it's Buzz Peterson and it's not even close.

Martin was a possession away from losing a play in game and was very lucky Duke lost in the first round.

Martin was a possession away from losing a play in game and was very lucky Duke lost in the first round.

So? He didn't lose. And a ton of NCAAT teams benefit from upsets. It doesn't diminish what a team does.

Again, you can piss on his Sweet 16 all you want, the fact remains he did way more as a basketball coach than Dooley did as a football coach and it's not even debatable. Dooley didn't even have one winning season and lost to a Kentucky team using a WR as a QB.

So? He didn't lose. And a ton of NCAAT teams benefit from upsets. It doesn't diminish what a team does.

Again, you can piss on his Sweet 16 all you want, the fact remains he did way more as a basketball coach than Dooley did as a football coach and it's not even debatable. Dooley didn't even have one winning season and lost to a Kentucky team using a WR as a QB.

Yea, I never understood that comparison. Even without the Sweet 16 run, Martin had better success than Dooley. Martin actually beat several ranked teams his first two years.

Reactions: 2 people
Geez...I can not stand Martin's coaching, but to compare him to Dooley is crazy. Dooley is the worst coach in the history of Tennessee football. Martin is just an underachiever that finally lucked out and slipped into the tourney and got a manageable road to the Sweet 16. Dooley will go down as an epic failure...Martin is nothing more than a slightly below average coach who could not recruit. When a coach like Dooley can alienate an entire alumni base of ex football players and turn every high school coach against him then there is no comparison. Martin was just lackluster and needed to go and will be a blip on the screen and long forgotten..Dooley and his ineptitude will go down in Vol lore for all time.

Yea, I never understood that comparison. Even without the Sweet 16 run, Martin had better success than Dooley. Martin actually beat several ranked teams his first two years.

Especially when you have coaches like Wade Houston and Buzz Peterson to choose from. Both of them are worse than Martin, so there's no way Martin can be the Dooley on the bball side.

Geez...I can not stand Martin's coaching, but to compare him to Dooley is crazy. Dooley is the worst coach in the history of Tennessee football. Martin is just an underachiever that finally lucked out and slipped into the tourney and got a manageable road to the Sweet 16. Dooley will go down as an epic failure...Martin is nothing more than a slightly below average coach who could not recruit. When a coach like Dooley can alienate an entire alumni base of ex football players and turn every high school coach against him then there is no comparison. Martin was just lackluster and needed to go and will be a blip on the screen and long forgotten..Dooley and his ineptitude will go down in Vol lore for all time.

You cannot compare SEC football and SEC basketball. They are two totally different monsters. A decent SEC football coach goes 5-7. A decent SEC basketball coach gets 19 wins.

You cannot compare SEC football and SEC basketball. They are two totally different monsters. A decent SEC football coach goes 5-7. A decent SEC basketball coach gets 19 wins.

Huh? You can win 4 patsy non conference football games, which means 1 conference game. 1-7 is decent?

You are off on your comparison. 19 wins in basketball gets you on the bubble in most years.

One is the worst ever...the other is not...pretty simple...lol...
On another note to VolsSportsFan...can you imagine if Buzz actually was given a few more years with the fact he brought in both CJ and Lofton...he probably would not have had the success Bruce did but I do not think he would be laughed at nearly as much as he is now. His style of basketball was terrible but he was actually a solid recruiter.

One is the worst ever...the other is not...pretty simple...lol...
On another note to VolsSportsFan...can you imagine if Buzz actually was given a few more years with the fact he brought in both CJ and Lofton...he probably would not have had the success Bruce did but I do not think he would be laughed at nearly as much as he is now. His style of basketball was terrible but he was actually a solid recruiter.

Yeah he would. We just would have lost games by fewer points.

VN Store

Back