We do not win that game without…

If only he could play a lot of minutes without getting in foul trouble.
Over the years I've noticed certain players can get away from fouls by nuance deceptive tricks. Awaka just plays hard no tricks, and he gets IMO more than his share of fouls. When a game that was played with a lot of ticky tack bumps are let go. JMO not bashing refs for the always ref defenders on here just saying some players make it easier for refs to foul them up.

Reactions: Lankykong
We torched these same rims 48 hours ago, though. Very strange. Maybe a top-3 offensive performance and a bottom-3 offensive performance in 2 days time in the same gym.
Yep, rims looked tighter tonight. Not to be a conspiracy tinfoil guy but they now have nut and bolts that can be monitored and tightened by computer to keep the right foot/lbs. tension on them for sensitive equipment. The conspiracy theorist would wonder if someone in the control room is checking the tightness and adjusting at halftime to the detriment of the team he's betting against. Just don't think the goals meet the cost involved with tension monitored goals but after seeing this technology that thought did vaguely cross my mind as a betting man. :D

It’s ironic that on a night we couldn’t throw one in the ocean, we iced the game with 7/8 from the FT line.
Hiting foul shots.That's the big one imo. They fouled us 2 or 3 times to put us on the line, which was good strategy. We made them pay. Aidoo and DK iced the game

Last edited:
Bro, did you really just show up in a thread praising Awaka to simply bash two other players? Get out of here with that nonsense.

Exactly. I don't even respond to troll posts like that, designed for nothing other than provoking and getting a response. If you're incapable of enjoying a win without looking for negatives, what's the damn point of even bothering with sports?

And I don't want to hear the "I'm being realistic" garbage - we all watch the games and know the deal, and we have all week to discuss the things that need to improve or change, but on the same night of a win getting us into the Sweet 16? We have a team with a legit shot at a Final Four, or beyond - if you can't find any enjoyment in that, best to look for something else to occupy your time.

Big contrast to Oregon who missed the front end of a 1-1 that would have iced their game. They went on to lose in double overtime.

The worst part of that was he was the one kid you don't want to get the ball to in that spot, and Creighton designed their defense specifically with that in mind. You could see Altman's exasperation when they inbounded to him, but I would blame Altman for even having that kid on the floor in that spot instead of having five guys that could shoot FT's.

this is one game when although there were off offensively, the defense was sublime. Everyone contributed.

Reactions: rdavis007
JJJ gets crap because a certain group of our fanbase sucks and revels in insults instead of supporting.

JJJ deserves a ton of credit for his performance last night. His three from the corner late in the game was huge. Was great to see that he had the willingness to take the shot and the confidence to knock it down.

This is true. TA has one speed ... "ON". He's so active and physical his rebounding is crazy. But that aggression leads to those fouls too. Thankfully we have him and Aidoo, so we're not usually susceptible to getting our big and foul trouble.

At least two of Awaka's fouls were bad calls, but he's so physical that he's an easy target for officials. Jackson even said at one point "don't go for that rebound with two fouls, stay on the court", but TA doesn't know any other way to play.

Maybe, maybe not, but if we end up playing Purdue it would be nice to have his size and his 5 fouls to battle Edey.

I know There's almost no chance it happens, but it would make my day if Utah St upsets them today.

It wouldn't surprise me if Gonzaga beats Purdue next round

Tobe Awaka. He was fierce.

Honorable mention to JJJ with 9, clutch points when we needed them.
I think Texas learned that you don't mess with the Awaka. When he decides he is going to get the ball you better not be in his way. Another offseason of S&C and he will be a true monster.

Reactions: knox73
Bro, did you really just show up in a thread praising Awaka to simply bash two other players? Get out of here with that nonsense.
Bro, I praised Awaka for playing like you are supposed to. Not bashing anyone. Just telling it like it is. I want them all to do good.

The worst part of that was he was the one kid you don't want to get the ball to in that spot, and Creighton designed their defense specifically with that in mind. You could see Altman's exasperation when they inbounded to him, but I would blame Altman for even having that kid on the floor in that spot instead of having five guys that could shoot FT's.
Nailed it. Altman blew the game right there. He should know better than to even have him on the court in an OBVIOUS immediate could situation. I couldn't believe it when he ran into the TV frame and caught that pass!

Reactions: sami

VN Store

Back