We Digress...

Live with parents? Your own place? Alone or roomate(s)? Male or female?
Got a job? Car?
Right now I live with my parents but i graduation with an associates in may and switching schools, there's a chance I could still live with my parents but going to try and live on campus, I have a truck, have a part time job that's most,y weekends and when I don't have class. Male

Right now I live with my parents but i graduation with an associates in may and switching schools, there's a chance I could still live with my parents but going to try and live on campus, I have a truck, have a part time job that's most,y weekends and when I don't have class. Male

Haha, I meant if you had room mates, were they male or female.

Just trying to see what your situation is. A lot of that, if not all, is important in the dating game.

So, you have a girl you like. She have a boyfriend or seeing anyone?

Checkerboards, my man, don't place time frames on it. Saying "it better happen by 30" is placing so much pressure on yourself. You're only 20. You have plenty of time to figure this out and also figure out what you actually want in a significant other. It will also change a lot over the next decade.

I'm 31. I've already been married and divorced because I made a poor decision and rushed in. Patience, my man.

Also, I've friend zoned as many women as have friend zoned me. You will too. Some of those friendships are long lasting and rewarding.

Haha, I meant if you had room mates, were they male or female.

Just trying to see what your situation is. A lot of that, if not all, is important in the dating game.

So, you have a girl you like. She have a boyfriend or seeing anyone?

Yeah there's a girl.... I was told by a friend over break she broke up with her bf, but today I found out that info was misleading, she was talking to me before class today complaining about him, long story short I tried to make a move and she shut it down with we are friends and that's all you will ever be to me

Better to get advice from someone closer to your age than this old fawker. My best advice was, to learn how to be really good at eating...tacos.

Word of that gets around.

Reactions: 1 person
Checkerboards, my man, don't place time frames on it. Saying "it better happen by 30" is placing so much pressure on yourself. You're only 20. You have plenty of time to figure this out and also figure out what you actually want in a significant other. It will also change a lot over the next decade.

I'm 31. I've already been married and divorced because I made a poor decision and rushed in. Patience, my man.

Also, I've friend zoned as many women as have friend zoned me. You will too. Some of those friendships are long lasting and rewarding.

Your advice makes sense I just always felt that by the time I turned 30 I would have a good idea of what the next 20 years or so would look like, and I would know if it involved a girl or not

Better to get advice from someone closer to your age than this old fawker. My best advice was, to learn how to be really good at eating...tacos.

Word of that gets around.

Amen brother. Find something they like and focus! Lol

Last edited:
Checker,

I had 2 kids right outta high school. If I could've had the same 2 babies older, I would've loved to have waited. But we don't get that option.

I had to work a lot and didn't get to enjoy my time with my younger two like I wanted. I missed so much that I'd give years off my life to hold them as babies again.

The only point of that is to not hurry or rush. Do what you want with your life. Women, kids, family... All of that will come. It's easier to say that while I'm sitting here already done it over and over and over and over again. Lol

But I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying. I started not much earlier than where you are right now and it might not be a bad thing to wait a bit until you're stable and truly ready.

Hate that.

Good post to checkers.

But, that ain't helping him get laid.

Good God, you're right. I started that with the intention of patience and turned it into a dad speech.

Lord I'm old.

Checker,

I had 2 kids right outta high school. If I could've had the same 2 babies older, I would've loved to have waited. But we don't get that option.

I had to work a lot and didn't get to enjoy my time with my younger two like I wanted. I missed so much that I'd give years off my life to hold them as babies again.

The only point of that is to not hurry or rush. Do what you want with your life. Women, kids, family... All of that will come. It's easier to say that while I'm sitting here already done it over and over and over and over again. Lol

But I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying. I started not much earlier than where you are right now and it might not be a bad thing to wait a bit until you're stable and truly ready.

Yea I get what you're saying, be young and dumb while you can be don't try to grow up too fast.

Thanks I definitely will heed these words wisely

There was a big gap in years (volly will know the #) when likes were disabled, so some of you old veteran posters have surprisingly few likes.

Then you get posting fools like [deleted because I try to behave] with crazy high numbers until people get sick of them the novelty wears off.

Back before I came to my senses, I was a mod at a large forum, and it was fun to giggle in the mod lounge at who was posting the likes. It was easy to find the alts.

You're no mod, now, pup. Those of us who've seen a few decades aren't ruffled by your "down card" braggadocio, whippersnapper. if you've an ear for a bit of friendly advice, don't be posting "giggle" when you mean "snicker." Do let us know when your body changes from adding hair to losing some.

I think we need a heart button for my posts, like Facebook added😬

What in the crap is this?

A thread for those discussions which may or may not have inadvertently started in another but cannot be fully explored without derailing the original topic. You know, "stuff."

The first topic is/was likes and like/post ratios. When it's played out, someone will start/pull in a new one.

VN Store

Back