War in Ukraine

Why I said make of the ambiguity what you will.
The USG officially recognizes Bejing as the only legal gov of China.
of mainland China. as long as they are peaceful with Taiwan. we recognized that they CLAIM Taiwan, but we would not recognize a violent take over of Taiwan. It was part of the deal that opened up China to trade with the US.

if we only recognized Beijing we wouldn't have official relations with Taiwan. We would treat them like Tibet.

That idiot Medvedev even said the quiet part out loud in public

By declaring that “Ukraine is definitely Russia” and referring to the country as “an integral part of Russia’s strategic and historical borders,” Medvedev has made a mockery of international calls for a negotiated settlement to end the war. His unambiguous comments should be more than enough to remove any lingering doubts that Russia is committed to the destruction of Ukraine as a state and as a nation.

Medvedev, Putin, their state owned media, etc. have stated it.

The West laughed such ridiculous notions off as abstract fantasy. They are not laughing anymore.

Oh, so you admit it was a mistake. So why are we reinforcing failure as more Ukrainians die?

Of course. Training their soldiers in NATO tactics and strategy was stupid without giving them sufficient NATO platforms to execute that strategy.

To the Ukrainian's credit, they told the West to kick rocks and reversed course back to Soviet tactics and strategies as Soviet platforms/technology is primarily what they available to them. They also have been quite ingenious in their development, use, implementation, and strategy of drones. Quite literally rewriting future military strategy on the fly.

The global economy we are trying to protect is crumbling in Europe, the US and Japan.

Globalization on the whole? Sure. We are moving more towards a regionalization model. Europe, US, and Japan are still, relatively speaking, doing great.

It's funny... The United States spent over a decade fighting rice farmers with AKs, two decades fighting goat herders in sandals and were run out of both countries. Yet the Russians are fighting a full NATO supported army and grinding them down and wondering why it is taking two years.

Country building with random insurgency verse war. They are very different things as the Soviets also found out in Afghanistan.

Russians are not fighting a full NATO supported army. They are fighting their much smaller next door neighbors (which they can use their rail logistical network) with limited amounts of mostly quite outdated military platform/technology.

With the current state of the Russian military, it would take less than a week for NATO to clear Russia from Ukraine. That would be full NATO.

Reactions: tvolsfan
If that is true, then Putin should have taken Georgia in 2008.

They did. They still militarily occupy parts of Georgia.

If that is true, then Putin should have taken Kazakhstan in January 2022.

Hard to do that when the bulk of your available forces is on the border with Ukraine preparing for that invasion.

If that is true, then Putin should have taken The Baltics at any time he wipes his nose.

He would if the Baltics were not a part of NATO.

Country building with random insurgency verse war. They are very different things as the Soviets also found out in Afghanistan.

Russians are not fighting a full NATO supported army. They are fighting their much smaller next door neighbors (which they can use their rail logistical network) with limited amounts of mostly quite outdated military platform/technology.

With the current state of the Russian military, it would take less than a week for NATO to clear Russia from Ukraine. That would be full NATO.

Yup, they would probably go through to Serbia in like 2 hours. Russia doesn't have that many goats, duh. I mean look the Ukraine has only lost like 30,000 troops. Just send those GI Joes in there right now. Man, its like you were a reincarnation of Patton with all your military knowledge.

images

ae115be3-73df-48b3-8295-8c88aa685e34_text.gif

of mainland China. as long as they are peaceful with Taiwan. we recognized that they CLAIM Taiwan, but we would not recognize a violent take over of Taiwan. It was part of the deal that opened up China to trade with the US.

if we only recognized Beijing we wouldn't have official relations with Taiwan. We would treat them like Tibet.
You are incorrect. As stated for the third time, we dont officialy recognize Taiwan, only China, and dont even maintain diplomatic relations with Taiwan, But at same time arm Taiwan.

Words vs actions..this is the convoluted policy of the FP savantes that has also hamstrung us with an unwinnable war and hundreds of billions in Ukraine.

Reactions: LSU-SIU
You are incorrect. As stated for the third time, we dont officialy recognize Taiwan, only China, and dont even maintain diplomatic relations with Taiwan, But at same time arm Taiwan.

Words vs actions..this is the convoluted policy of the FP savantes that has also hamstrung us with an unwinnable war and hundreds of billions in Ukraine.

Well, what I find interesting is you have an individual that believes he himself determines sovereignty and others believe that somehow the United States has the sole ability to determine for the whole world who is sovereign. (I know you are not saying that btw) Logic to me says that if one individual or one country can do it.... all individuals and all countries have a similar right to make their own determination.

Without context all is lost in the conversation.

Is Ukraine sovereign? No, they have another country's army on land they believe is theirs, and they're doing exactly what the United States says like a lil bitch. I have a feeling they are going to get a lot more sovereignty coming their way.

The issue with Taiwan is about cooperation between nations, meaning the United States is getting involved in a international dispute which they are not a party. That blade can cut both ways per my previous examples.

Last edited:
Well, what I find interesting is you have an individual that believes he himself determines sovereignty and others believe that somehow the United States has the sole ability to determine for the whole world who is sovereign. (I know you are not saying that btw) Logic to me says that if one individual or one country can do it.... all individuals and all countries have a similar right to make their own determination.

Without context all is lost in the conversation.
Dont get me wrong..I think Tawain should be recognized as as a nation. We certainly treat them as a nation by providing arms. In theory, the way it is devised, the USG is illegally arming foreign non state actors, or according to the Taiwanese Constitution, we are supporting an insurrection as they maintain One China that is opposite of our official recognition. I mean how ****ed up is that?

Back to Ukraine..we are bound by a piece of paper signed by a President that wasnt even approved by the Senate.

None of this stupidity has any consistency or legality, so spare me any Our Word is Ironclad ****.

good read

Reactions: LSU-SIU
Then WTF is all of this hand wringing about?

Question... how many NATO troops would you need to do what you are talking about? How long would it take to mobilize them?

The overwhelming majority of nations outside of NATO would take the cheaper, more effective Russian weapons vs the more expensive, maintenance heavy American/Western equipment. And even Turkiye wants Russian S-400 air defense but the US/NATO wants to c*ckblock that.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?
1000007009.png

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?
View attachment 634148

Well, Russia is in a war on their border, I would be shocked if weapon exports didn't drop significantly if not completely even if they wanted to export them. I mean that is like saying if gas exports from Russia drop significantly, which it is.... would be saying countries don't want their gas. No, Russia has stopped gas exports on certain gas because their refineries were attacked, not that countries don't want their gas.

Of course, I'm surprised by any arms exports because obviously all Russia produces is shovels.

You are missing the causation piece of the pie. This also leaves out all the other factors that might have an impact on all this - say sanctions. Other facts could be like the U.S. dictating to countries what weapon systems they can buy thereby lining the pocket of their choice of neocon. Turkey bought Russian AA systems and see what that has done.

The article you posted either is saying that or implying it.

The world has replaced critical thinking skills with the ability to do a google search. Any dummy can do a google search, which is why all stupid people were wearing diapers on their face thinking it could stop a a virus.

My general opinion, most of the US weapons systems are kind of junk, meaning the larger weapon systems. They are either way too expensive that fails the cost/reward tests, or generally have huge requirement which could be training, complexity, repair, fuel, etc. Its a generalization though. In a real war which the U.S. weapons really haven't been in since WW2, the Russian overall thinking in their weapon systems makes the most sense - generally speaking.

Last edited:
Well, Russia is in a war on their border, I would be shocked if weapon exports didn't drop significantly if not completely even if they wanted to export them. I mean that is like saying if gas exports from Russia drop significantly, which it is.... would be saying countries don't want their gas. No, Russia has stopped gas exports on certain gas because their refineries were attacked, not that countries don't want their gas.

Of course, I'm surprised by any arms exports because obviously all Russia produces is shovels.

You are missing the causation piece of the pie. This also leaves out all the other factors that might have an impact on all this - say sanctions. Other facts could be like the U.S. dictating to countries what weapon systems they can buy thereby lining the pocket of their choice of neocon. Turkey bought Russian AA systems and see what that has done.

The world has replaced critical thinking skills with the ability to do a google search. Any dummy can do a google search, which is why all stupid people were wearing diapers on their face thinking it could stop a a virus.

My general opinion, most of the US weapons systems are kind of junk, meaning the larger weapon systems. They are either way too expensive that fails the cost/reward tests, or generally have huge requirement which could be training, complexity, repair, fuel, etc. Its a generalization though. In a real war which the U.S. weapons really haven't been in since WW2, the Russian overall thinking in their weapon systems makes the most sense - generally speaking.
So many words, and yet, so little substance.

1713024314340.png
1713024397228.png

I agree you are not thinking. The weapon exports have decreased for a reason, you're a moron that didn't even read the article you posted i.e. causation.

**** dude, you even posted the article. 😂

I see that you struggle to comprehend bar charts.

I don't think I can put the information in a format that you are capable of understanding.

I see that you struggle to comprehend bar charts.

I don't think I can put the information in a format that you are capable of understanding.

It has nothing to do with bar charts you moron. You are using a bar chart to say its a fact that these countries would rather U.S. weapons, that's can't be assumed due to the article you yourself posted They are mostly unable to buy Russian weapons due to the war and or most likely can't due to the sanctions.

Hey guys on March 24th I prayed to the moon god that night it would a full moon, what do you know it was a full moon.... my prayer was answered.

The Russian are not selling as many weapons because there probably isn't many left to sell and than sanctions, of course the bar chart is going to say all that. You posted the article that says or implies exactly that.

Hey guys the bar chart for live dinosaur sales went to 0, boy, we need to fire our sales and marketing department. Dinosaurs R' Us 😂

Is this some type of troll, I really have a hard time telling.

you-serious-clark-eat.gif

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with bar charts you moron. You are using a bar chart to say its a fact that these countries would rather U.S. weapons, that's can't be assumed due to the article you yourself posted They are mostly unable to buy Russian weapons due to the war and or most likely can't due to the sanctions.

Hey guys on March 24th I prayed to the moon god that night it would a full moon, what do you know it was a full moon.... my prayer was answered.

The Russian are not selling as many weapons because there probably isn't many left to sell and than sanctions, of course the bar chart is going to say all that. You posted the article that says or implies exactly that.

Hey guys the bar chart for live dinosaur sales went to 0, boy, we need to fire our sales and marketing department. Dinosaurs R' Us 😂

Is this some type of troll, I really have a hard time telling.

you-serious-clark-eat.gif

You're really struggling dude, maybe you should go back to LSU and see if you can get some remedial help in statistics?

1713025827720.png

VN Store

Back