Walking Distance From Neyland Stadium

I parked at the Children's Hospital parking lot. It was cheaper, and they provided a receipt for a charitable contribution. 3/4 mile or so.

Get the joyride mobile app. Park for free in state street/market/locust garages and ride over for like 5-7 bucks

Reactions: 1 person
Get the joyride mobile app. Park for free in state street/market/locust garages and ride over for like 5-7 bucks
When did Locust become free. I have parked at State street several times and Market Square when available but only Locust Garage I know is a Tennessee parking pass.

Why don’t you get on trolley at Market Square Garage or can walk a few blocks from State Street Garage to Market Square instead of the hassle of that joyride app?

Why don’t you get on trolley at Market Square Garage or can walk a few blocks from State Street Garage to Market Square instead of the hassle of that joyride app?

What hassle? You click one button and have a ride when you are ready. Plus I was trying to help a handicapped person and joyride is an easy set up for that vs a crowded trolley. I’m assuming they can’t walk that far. Why are you hating on my suggestion to help?

I thought I would add the link to gameday parking. I’ve parked in numerous places. Depends on whether I’m acquiring street tickets, want to hit the strip, havepeople with me who aren’t in great physical condition, tailgaters, etc. Agree Locust Street is convenient. 11th Street a little closer. Ft Sanders has a lot of small lots that are convenient. Garage behind the Law School is quick to bookstore. And the Methodist Church lot off Cumberland. It is four hours to Knoxville and two coming back with time change. I’m hoping to get to more games this year. Football | Parking & Transit Services

What hassle? You click one button and have a ride when you are ready. Plus I was trying to help a handicapped person and joyride is an easy set up for that vs a crowded trolley. I’m assuming they can’t walk that far. Why are you hating on my suggestion to help?
Not hating but the time you actually get someone to pick you up you could have been dropped off by the bus at University. Then if you’re not in a hurry and want a beer or a bite to eat then go to Square Market and contact them 10 minutes before you leave.

Not hating but the time you actually get someone to pick you up you could have been dropped off by the bus at University. Then if you’re not in a hurry and want a beer or a bite to eat then go to Square Market and contact them 10 minutes before you leave.

You still have to wait on the bus and go up stairs to the bus which is hard to do for handicapped. Trust me, my mother is and we found it very easy and quick( usually I book in advance but longest I waited was 5 min) to use the carts of joyride. So, seeing as how the OP was asking about handicap parking suggestions, I thought joyride is a better option than a trolley or bus not equipped for disabled

Just wondering how far your walk is from where you park to the Stadium for those that don't ride the trollies or buses.I guess my walk is about 3/4 of a mile.I park in the garage at Market Square!!

Same here when I was able to travel to do it. Had a free guesthouse stay 3 miles from campus. Arrived at Market Square 6:00 - 6:30AM. Breakfasted at Pete's at 7:00AM. Loaded up the ice chest and backseat with farmers' market purchases. Depending on game time, walked about taking pictures, visiting the always crowded UT bookstore(?), walking about the campus. Enjoyed the Vol Walk every time. We usually purchased a carryout lunch from Pete's to eat at the stadium. We never were stopped even when security saw that it was our own food we were hauling in. Saw some who were but suspect it was due to their attitudes.

Like others have mentioned, usually park at the church on Cumberland Ave. It’s maybe a mile from the stadium.

You still have to wait on the bus and go up stairs to the bus which is hard to do for handicapped. Trust me, my mother is and we found it very easy and quick( usually I book in advance but longest I waited was 5 min) to use the carts of joyride. So, seeing as how the OP was asking about handicap parking suggestions, I thought joyride is a better option than a trolley or bus not equipped for disabled
I must have missed something about someone being handicapped. The only thing I seen was a guy trying to help his pregnant wife out with less walking. Riding the bus would be great since you can park free at Market Square and at worst only a few blocks from other free garage at 500 State Street parking garage.

Last edited:
Like others have mentioned, usually park at the church on Cumberland Ave. It’s maybe a mile from the stadium.
If you’re going to east sideline or north endzone or park at poplar lot you’re looking at 0.4 miles walk and less than 10 minutes cutting through lot 7A on to estabrook rd that will take you to gate 1. I love that place and Poplar but hard to get a place if you are not early.

Last edited:
I requested handicap this year and they pushed me out to ag campus which makes me mad before this year had a closer parking. Hope I can walk the mile with my bad back dont to wait for shuttle cause friends start tailgating in 16 5 hours before game and shuttle only starts 3hrs before game

This is what I was referring

VN Store

Back