Walking Distance From Neyland Stadium

Park in the Locust St. Garage. I'd say it's probably a mile to mile and a half walk. Love parking there, super easy to get out of after games.

I thought all garages were nightmares after the game?

Any serious tailgating go on there?

I always park at the Methodist Church at Cumberland and Poplar. Money goes to good cause. Plus its easy to get out. I'm on the interstate in 5 minutes headed back west

Is that toward the Henley Street end of Cumberland? Lots of people tailgating?

Pay 10 to park at Tyson Park near the skate park. I do it because it is easy to get in and out of. I travel Middlebrook(no traffic). I walk the strip to see how drunk people are. I get exercise. I like to walk.

That's where I park. Come out on Concord and I head down Kingston Pike to Papermill/Northside Dr.

Park in the Locust St. Garage. I'd say it's probably a mile to mile and a half walk. Love parking there, super easy to get out of after games.

How do you get out of town? Every time I've parked downtown the KPD has all the roads closed!

I see maybe 1 or 2 tailgates each week. It's really too far from campus for good tailgating.

I've always had a very easy time getting out. Almost everyone tries to get out onto Locust St. and then take Henley Street but I take the exit on the other side that takes you to Walnut St. then take a right on Summit Hill to Hall of Fame. Then I can either get on 40 or just take Magnolia out east (we normally stay in Jeff Co. when we're in town).

I have a walk from fort sanders that I practice on my walk to class in Neyland 3 times a week.

Down to 12 minutes

I park in the locust street garage....not much tailgating, but leaving the garage is no problem. Easy to get to the interstate by the way. :)

Reactions: 2 people
I park in the State Street garage. It's probably just over a mile to the stadium. I do this because 1. It's free. 2. I don't mind walking. & 3. I just hook a right onto Central, pull a u-turn on Neyland Dr, & take James White to I-40 then hop on Alcoa Hwy.

I'm back to my house in Maryville about 45 minutes after I depart the stadium even if there's 102,455 there. And did I mention that it's free? It also cuts down on my hourly wage babysitting fees too!

same here. except i get on 75 for a couple of hours.

How do you get out of town? Every time I've parked downtown the KPD has all the roads closed!

Hope I explained it okay in my other post. Generally just don't go the way everyone else is and it can be faster. Assuming you're not going the wrong way on a one way street, which is quite easy to do in downtown Knoxville.

I wish

Just too busy lately and money's been tight this year

Trying to pay off the house and cars, so every extra dollar is going there

I understand. Sounds like you have your priorities straight.

I park in the locust street garage....not much tailgating, but leaving the garage is no problem. Easy to get to the interstate by the way. :)

Good to know. Thanks.

I always park at the Methodist Church at Cumberland and Poplar. Money goes to good cause. Plus its easy to get out. I'm on the interstate in 5 minutes headed back west

That's where I was last weekend

VN Store

Back