VT message board on our Thursday night game

Fuentes is a pretty good coach. If the NFL draft is any indicator, he also had a pretty good quarterback the last couple of years. Don't guess he is following to VT.

And to think Dobbs and company will only score 24 is absurd. And I personally think IT WILL be a cakewalk. Turn it around and make it 42! They might score 10.

WE ROLLING!

Fuente...he ain't Mexican.

Reactions: 1 person
Well they lost to Peterman last year so...

This. They lost to bad teams lately, and their entire defensive front is gone. This plus breaking in a new qb, new system, and they give up a ton of sacks. VT talent wise would be last in the SEC. Vandy would probably beat them.

I don't see why they're so butthurt. They clearly said the AD was approached about moving it to Thursday and Butch signed off on it. It's not like we went out of our way to move it. Maybe if VT was expected to be in the running for the playoff they would have the same luxury. It's a proven fact that UT consistently pulls in great TV ratings and what better way to start off the season by putting one of the best football programs on a kickoff Thursday. They are completely oblivious to everything and don't realize that we will be running laps around them in Bristol. No pun intended.

Reactions: 3 people
Comparing recruiting rankings over the past five years:

rjh85x.jpg

We will blow out App State in the opener.

App State was 11-2 last year, but they got blown out by Clemson (ranked #2 in final polls), and lost to Ark State (ranked #45).

Then they beat their remaining opponents who were ranked in the range of #69-124, with an average ranking of 101. As someone else mentioned, all of App State's 11 wins came against trash teams.

Northwestern was no match for us in the 2015 bowl game.

VA Tech will likely put up a stronger fight than Northwestern did, but will not be able to hang with us as the game wears on.

Reactions: 3 people
I won't be surprised if Tech hangs around in the first half, but I think our depth and speed advantage will eventually wear them down and we win comfortably. I'll say 34-16 Tennessee

Reactions: 2 people
UT will win by a minimum of 21 points. VT just doesn't have the talent to hang with us right now. They may keep it somewhat close on the first half, but second half we will crush them. I honestly expect a 45-14 type game.

Reactions: 1 person
Seeing their forum really makes you appreciate how awesome volnation is.

This was my first thought as well. Their board is awful and Volnation is the nicest message board I've ever visited. Not brown nosing, just speaking the truth.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm not saying it will be a cake walk, but Tennessee is on a whole different level when compared to VT.

I think we'll come out of the gates firing and I really think the physicality of this offense is going to surprise some people this year. Plus, our Defense is set up to be out right nasty, and I think we'll completely shut down their offense.

This happened over and over last year. I think people will prepare harder for us, but I do think that we will have more of a four quarter mentality and if our defense is better, we should pull away towards the end of those that keep it close and stretch the lead for those who don't as opposed to lose it lol

Reactions: 2 people
Tech has a horrible offensive line and little to no skill in the backfield. With our defensive talent and improved coach, they will struggle mightily to score on us.

My dad went to Narrows High School he said they were given free tickets by VPI. He said it was him, some Hokie parents and another high School there that day. He can't remember who they played but he knows they lost.

I went to Narrows High. Go Green Wave.

i expect us to win by 10-14 points with the game being fairly close until the third quarter. I hope the venue doesn't distract our team.

Amazing isn't it? I said UT would win by 10, and it's not good enough for some

I'm sure you wouldn't complain about that score...LESS NEGATIVE posters wouldn't be so passive. :)

VN Store

Back