VT message board on our Thursday night game

Man are they a cocky fanbase for a team with so many questions. They have absolutely zero respect for our team. Living in Knoxville most my life I've met only a few VT fans and they've all been like this though, small sample size I know but their boards seem to indicate it might be a trend.

Man are they a cocky fanbase for a team with so many questions. They have absolutely zero respect for our team. Living in Knoxville most my life I've met only a few VT fans and they've all been like this though, small sample size I know but their boards seem to indicate it might be a trend.

It's all of them. I am faculty at va tech. I wear a UT polo into work every Friday before game day. Catch so much hate. The main things they repeat are, 'it's not the 90s anymore so quit living in the past' and they claim we all 'have some ungodly sense of entitlement since we play in the sec.' They get so excited up here the couple games a year they sell out. I just laugh at them and remind them that we have more at our spring games in the stands even when they do sell out a real game.

Reactions: 3 people
Lol I'm from Kingsport, my family is from Gate City and I work at the big E. There are way more Vol fans in all three of those places than Tech fans. It's just that the Tech fans are more obnoxious and you remember them more.

Actually VPI fans are more noticeable because of their neck tattoos.

Screenwriter
After the Hokies pull off the Bristol upset, how does the season play out?
I honestly believe Tennessee is overhyped and will finish 8-4 this year. To clarify, VT beating TENN will not be an upset in my opinion, but at that point the talking heads will view it as an upset.

Does VT:

A. Build off the momentum, go 10-2 and make it to the ACC Championship game

B. Flame out, not handle the success and go 6-6 like Ohio State victory 2 years ago.

C. Somewhere in between 8-4

D. None of the above, fill in your scenario

[Post edited by Screenwriter at 05/25/2016 12:20PM

Last edited:
Screenwriter
I honestly believe Tennessee is overhyped and will finish 8-4 this year. To clarify, VT beating TENN will not be an upset in my opinion, but at that point the talking heads will view it as an upset.

Does VT:

B. Flame out, not handle the success and go 6-6 like Ohio State victory 2 years ago.

Yeah I posted there shortly after haha

Reactions: 2 people
Actually VPI fans are more noticeable because of their neck tattoos.

That would probably get you run out of Gate City. It's one of those town that time forgot sort of places. Pretty but a little backward.

:post-4-1090547912
Screenwriter

Does VT:

:post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912:

VN Store

Back