VT message board on our Thursday night game

I think it will be a game similar to the bowl game, and by the end UT will be firing on all cylinders absolutely dominating them.
I assume you mean Tennessee's last bowl game, and NOT the last time we played Virginia Tech in a bowl game.

They truly believe they will shut Dobbs and company down. And they also think their offense is a huge secret like UT cant watch the Memphis tapes from last year.
Dream on. Dobbs will give em 300/100 with about 4 or 5 total scores. Their offense will be lucky to score 10.

What do you expect when your mascot is a turkey?

A good stuffin'.

Reactions: 4 people
I live up here amongst them, here in the Shenandoah Valley...

They are DELUSIONALLY optimistic about this game...

I just wear my ORANGE proudly and smile...

I live in Dublin, 15 mins from VT and 5 from Radford. They think they're VT of early 2000s, in denial that they're talent has dropped significantly. Every time Butch comes up here and steals a recruit it's "we didn't need him anyway he's overrated" hahaha

Reactions: 2 people
No, it IS a rebuild project. Recruiting the past few years under Beamer has fallen way off. They're in the same position we were after we ran Fulmer off. And if you think Beamer retired on his own, you're way off. Hokie AD whit Babcock basically went to him and told him he was going in a different direction the next year and wanted to let Frank go out in a better way than we handled the Fulmer situation basically. Hokies have no depth, new qb, lost entire defensive line, have a weak LB and secondary and they give up a ton of sacks. This has blowout written all over it. I'd say in all honesty, they may have 1 or 2 players total that would start for us.

Agree, Beamer wanted to coach another yr but was denied. Anyone that says otherwise is fooling themselves. VT handled it about as classy as they could because Beamer handled it classy. If he'd been an *******, it would have gotten ugly.

Reactions: 1 person
As someone posted before, it will be pretty close through the first quarter --- we will start to wear them down before half and then steadily widen the gap the second half.... they are always a mentally tough team who are not scared to play anyone and that is why this game will be closer than a cake walk.....

Absolutely can't stand VA Tech. I hope we beat them by 70. Being a Tennessee fan in Virginia I've taken so much crap during their "glory years". Half of the ones around here were UT fans until the Vick years.

Reactions: 3 people
As someone posted before, it will be pretty close through the first quarter --- we will start to wear them down before half and then steadily widen the gap the second half.... they are always a mentally tough team who are not scared to play anyone and that is why this game will be closer than a cake walk.....

Mentally tough under Beamer, I think some of you are putting CJF on a pedestal for no reason.

Absolutely can't stand VA Tech. I hope we beat them by 70. Being a Tennessee fan in Virginia I've taken so much crap during their "glory years". Half of the ones around here were UT fans until the Vick years.

This, in the 90s Kroger would give you 2 free tickets for spending 75 on groceries.

This, in the 90s Kroger would give you 2 free tickets for spending 75 on groceries.

My dad went to Narrows High School he said they were given free tickets by VPI. He said it was him, some Hokie parents and another high School there that day. He can't remember who they played but he knows they lost.

They were 11-2 with one of those losses coming to Clemson. I think they return most of their starters as well. With VT learning a new system and everything it wouldn't surprise me.

11-2 seems impressive til you look at the teams they played. They played garbage teams week after week last year.

I believe it's in reference to Memphis where Fuente coached last year

I believe it was in reference to Appy State, following the argument that Appy State may be a tougher opponent than VT will be because they had a good season (11-2) last year while returning most starters.

I believe it was in reference to Appy State, following the argument that Appy State may be a tougher opponent than VT will be because they had a good season (11-2) last year while returning most starters.

Gotcha. Didn't see that post.

Either way, VT ain't ' winnin

They couldn't even win their bowl game against a garbage team we would have beat by 20 plus...in order to send the best coach they have ever had out with a win. I watched it. They are SLOW.

if Dobbs can't get the passing game going against that secondary we will really struggle to win the east. We have superior athletes at every position...we should win by 20. If we dont, it will be our fault.

UT will win 24 -14. The fact that some of you think this is going to be a cakewalk for the Vols is a little foolish....IMO

I agree, this will be a hard fought game! If you think for one moment that VA Tech will not be ready to play in front of 160,000 you are seriously misguided! They want to be UT in anything they play! It will take a tremendously focused approach for UT to win this game, because I can promise you that VA will come out with their hair on fire, oh my bad I called them Virginia, just an oversight on my part!

Yep!

Just proves that every fanbase has "battered fan syndrome" and everyone hates/has it out for their team.

I'm sure before it's all said and done, there will be UT fans flipping this around saying that the VA Tech coaches will get an early start on preparation for UT.

What? No. ESPN hates only us!!!

VN Store

Back