Von Pearson comparable to Cordarrelle Patterson? Video

I don't want to speak for Volly but I mostly agree with her. He had some great plays especially in the open field. He was a great talent but we didn't really get a great season or career from him.

He scored in 4 different ways in the season he was here. Over a thousand yards rushing and receiving, combined.

His season was great, IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
That's how I feel too. He was incredibly exciting to watch. But he could have done that anywhere for a year.

For me, personally, a Tennessee Great is a student who is here for a few years and leaves his mark as Tennessee Vol. CP wasn't here long enough to do that.

I still claim him as Tennessee Vol though. :)

No sweat as CP would not be an ambassador selection like a Gault, White, Manning, Stephens, Colquitt, Pickens, Kent or Wilson.

I like you am just a hardcore fan.

CP in the open field is as good as it gets, even in the NFL. Pearson is good, real good. Definitely comparable to CP in some ways. But CP is a once in a decade type talent. Really hope Pearson can have a similar impact as CP did at Tennesse. He has shown good hands and we know he's got some nasty moves. If he can put it all together on game day, we're going to have fun watching him. Honestly would love to see if he has what it takes to be a punt returner, he looks like he has the perfect skill set for it.

I want to see him play against some top tier SEC teams before we crown him...

With that said, I believe he can be more productive for us then CP was at the WR position due to the fact he will know the offense better and will be running correct routes etc..

now if he can do what CP did on returns is another thing entirely, I have never seen anyone harder to tackle then CP when he was returning the football.

I'm not saying he is or will be, but his moves, the way he shifts in stride, cuts back and changes direction looks so similar to how CP would run.

Seems to be just as good in open field, but better hands than Patterson. Patterson dropped several balls in practice and games. I remember the TD he dropped right before halftime of the Florida game.

I'm with you. CP in space is something we may not see again, but VP has great hands/ball skills. If he is half as good as CP in space, he could dwarf CP's production. Just got to find someone to get the receivers the ball consistently.

Athletically, I'll take CP over VP every day.

If I'm throwing a jump ball, I think I'll take VP though. Seems to have great ball skills.

CP was a freak of nature, but sometimes he struggled with his hands.

I do see similarities, but a lot of these plays where Von is brought down, CP would've taken to the house.

Great response. Patterson has done more for Tennessee football on and off the field than just about any player since Eric Berry.

I was just messin'.

I disagree with you though. Patterson did more for Patterson, but he didn't help Tennessee gain any ground. There just wasn't enough around him for it to happen.

He scored in 4 different ways in the season he was here. Over a thousand yards rushing and receiving, combined.

His season was great, IMO.

Returns too....It was a really good season and total yards all up was great. 700 yards receiving for a starting receiver is not wonderful. The rushing and return plays were where he shined. I see it both ways

Cordarrelle is looking smart for not coming back another year...no way he would have been as good as this CP dude. :no:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VP has CP written all over him... he will be hard to get hands on. Gonna be special at UT.

From what little we've seen, VP seems even more shifty but maybe not as fast overall & definitely a lot smaller.

I know this may get knocked, but I think VP could seriously be better - but for two reasons beyond athleticism:

1) The Bojangles Effect - I think he'll know more of the playbook by fall camp than CP did in his final game.

2) Multiple years. Imagine CP in year two and how much better he would have been. If VP stays for two, it could be special.

a #2 WR for one year, who played on a losing team is now a Tennessee great who we can't compare to openly?

geez

With you brother...CP was awesome in that almost-semester he was on campus but it's a sign of how bad things got for us that he became a god without getting a credit. I plan on living more than 15 years...I hope that he's not the best I'll witness before the Albanians assassinate me. :gone:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I was just messin'.

I disagree with you though. Patterson did more for Patterson, but he didn't help Tennessee gain any ground. There just wasn't enough around him for it to happen.

He did plenty to help his future while here no doubt. He made a terrible team better with his efforts as well.

It's a shame his talent along with a handful of others was wasted by the former regime.

Players like CP make it a whole easier to see how much the previous leadership really lacked in ability.

From what little we've seen, VP seems even more shifty but maybe not as fast overall & definitely a lot smaller.

I know this may get knocked, but I think VP could seriously be better - but for two reasons beyond athleticism:

1) The Bojangles Effect - I think he'll know more of the playbook by fall camp than CP did in his final game.

2) Multiple years. Imagine CP in year two and how much better he would have been. If VP stays for two, it could be special.

He may very well be better than CP. That's hard to determine based off spring practice clips.

If he is UT won't be lucky enough to get 2 years out of him.

If you have to ask, you don't know.

Hes still a a Tennessee great. People throw Tony Robinson in that conversation so I dont see why CU isn't. CP carried that team as much as a WR can. Without him we prob would've had 3 wins. He was an amazing talent.

He did plenty to help his future while here no doubt. He made a terrible team better with his efforts as well.

It's a shame his talent along with a handful of others was wasted by the former regime.

Players like CP make it a whole easier to see how much the previous leadership really lacked in ability.

Why in the hell didn't they get him the ball every chance they had?? I still don't get that.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back